Quantcast
Anyone know of a dependable vehicle transport service from Ontario to Calgary? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone know of a dependable vehicle transport service from Ontario to Calgary?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That is the nature of the “middle class”. Everyone is a part of it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I've used both Livingston and Thorsons for BC->AB shipments over the last year. I wouldn't recommend Livingston again as it took two weeks for the car to arrive, and communication/tracking was mediocre at best. (There were periods of days where I had no idea where the car actually was). In contrast, with my other car, Thorsons provided 5-star service, shipping the vehicle in an enclosed trailer, albeit at exactly twice the price of Livingston. Get what you pay for, ultimately.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

It all depends on what you're looking for, enclosed/train/open.

I wouldnt recommend train as it goes through a million people, enclosed obviously is best and I have recommended Thorsons before and will continue to do so. Shipped a GT3, DB9 and E63S with them all with good experience.

Dealer option is usually open trailer with big shipping companies, which really there's nothing wrong with. But they usually only ship from dealer to dealer.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

+1 for Thorsons

Nothing but a positive experience after the recommendation from Team_Mclaren. Dealer was able to arrange Thorsons to deliver to my door without any issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I have never purchased a vehicle from a dealer out of province. Will they have to charge me PST. I know you can fill out that form with a receipt to get your money back eventually from the government but I would rather not pay that upfront.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Definitely don’t pay HST up front.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I have never purchased a vehicle from a dealer out of province. Will they have to charge me PST. I know you can fill out that form with a receipt to get your money back eventually from the government but I would rather not pay that upfront.
    If it's being delivered to you, in Alberta, you should not have to pay. My Egg Sandwich buys all her Infiniti vehicles from Kelowna and claims to get teh better dealz than Calgary.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

What's the connection between Egg Sandwiches and Infinity?

My Ride
    *The First*

What's the connection between Egg Sandwiches and Infinity?
    The connections are infinite.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We have to go deeper.
    Name:  200 (6).gif
Views: 267
Size:  1.76 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I'll drive it there for you, for the cost of fuel.

Have done this a few times for people, currently live in Toronto (Kelowna summers), but used to live in Calgary 10+ years

Also owned several generation of M5s.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Even if you had the equipment ( truck and trailer ). Even just accounting for fuel and sleeping in your cab there is no way it would be cheaper to get it yourself even if your time was worth nothing.

I thought about it a few times last year, while it would be fun it’s definitely cheaper to just pay someone to transport it.

fact.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Thorsons quoted me just over $2k which isn't cheap. I could save money by flying out there and driving it back but it would be 4/5 days I would never get back as the drive from Manitoba to Alberta is very forgettable. Also not a fan of driving a new vehicle cross country without ppf. Still dicking around with dealers though so not sure if things will go through as I'm over the days of impulse purchases as if it's not on my terms I walk away.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just over 2k sounds fair and in line to me.

Cheapest I was quoted was 1,500 from a dealer and that definitely wouldn’t have been enclosed transport.

It’s also an extra 4,000km on the odometer to drive it if that matters to you. Some years that’s more than I even drive my summer cars lol

fact.

My Ride

Thorsons quoted me just over $2k which isn't cheap. I could save money by flying out there and driving it back but it would be 4/5 days I would never get back as the drive from Manitoba to Alberta is very forgettable. Also not a fan of driving a new vehicle cross country without ppf. Still dicking around with dealers though so not sure if things will go through as I'm over the days of impulse purchases as if it's not on my terms I walk away.
    Negotiate with the dealer. See if they are willing to cover the cost to make the sale happen. If they won't do the full cost see if they'll do half.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Negotiate with the dealer. See if they are willing to cover the cost to make the sale happen. If they won't do the full cost see if they'll do half.
    Not likely to happen especially with these Ontario dealers. Maybe their market is different but they are don't seem as willing to deal like Calgary BMW dealers. I will never understand the mentality of dealerships willing to sit on cars only to end up selling them for the same price or less later on. I'm sure there are parts of the business I don't understand but I know that overhead costs money and they have to move cars out to be able to bring new ones in. It seems to me so many are short sighted. I made an offer five weeks ago to a dealer and their response was that my offer was so low they won't even bother with a counter so I said okay thanks. Two days ago they come crawling back saying they are willing to work with me. I told them my offer expired and I have moved on. Ridicule me for a perceived low ball offer only to decide a month later it wasn't so bad? Fuck them.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-16-2021 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride

Not likely to happen especially with these Ontario dealers. Maybe their market is different but they are don't seem as willing to deal like Calgary BMW dealers. I will never understand the mentality of dealerships willing to sit on cars only to end up selling them for the same price or less later on. I'm sure there are parts of the business I don't understand but I know that overhead costs money and they have to move cars out to be able to bring new ones in. It seems to me so many are short sighted. I made an offer five weeks ago to a dealer and their response was that my offer was so low they won't even bother with a counter so I said okay thanks. Two days ago they come crawling back saying they are willing to work with me. I told them my offer expired and I have moved on. Ridicule me for a perceived low ball offer only to decide a month later it wasn't so bad? Fuck them.
    You never know until you try. I know every dealer is different and current situations are different than a couple years ago, but I was able to sweet talk them to cover the EVT.

Good on you for not working with those scumbags. Not worth your time and money.

My Ride
    V167

A+ principles sir. Good man.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Who were you dealing with? Pfaff is pretty good in my experience.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by adamc View Post
    Who were you dealing with? Pfaff is pretty good in my experience.
    I have been dealing with Pfaff on this particular one and they are fine although the no haggle pricing is annoying. Unfortunately the one I was interested in was part of a B&E on their storage lot and $17k of damage was done to the car that they didn't disclose until I was ready to pull the trigger (the salesman said he didn't even know of this until he went to take photos of the car for me). They say it's repaired but I'm just too anal to buy a new car that's already got a carfax repair so the search continues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2