Quantcast
Buy your supercars ASAP! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: Buy your supercars ASAP!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,024
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s a good time to be a poor pleb!
    Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    Benzo
    Posts
    4,541
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come up with two solutions: get Alberta out of Canada, or get me out of Canada.
    Unfortunately it seems like that is what it has come to. Absolute fucking shit, but maybe this is what I need to force me to stop wasting $ on cars and concentrate on more investments instead. Fuck it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Investments you say?

    Capital to redeploy says freeland

    This is the way comrade.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sounds like the USA is going to be far more punitive than Canada on combustion engines. All except Texas that is.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this moment is the worst moment I've ever seen to buy a supercar
    The peak of a massive bubble is generally the worst time to buy anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gotta start planning my move to the Cayman Islands.
    I've been trying to figure out what would stop someone from at least making a company headquarters in Caymans or the like? There must be something other than a few legal speed bumps that I already know about, or people would be doing this. I have long considered setting up my company in a tax sheltered nation, and just paying myself like 20k/yr as a Canadian employee of the business. Is it really that expensive to have a lawyer/accountant set up a shell company down there?

    Other option is to just find a job overseas. I've interviewed for one so far in a tax free nation, but covid has royally fucked up their hiring time frame. No idea when I can expect to hear back about it now.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,660
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The peak of a massive bubble is generally the worst time to buy anything.




    I've been trying to figure out what would stop someone from at least making a company headquarters in Caymans or the like? There must be something other than a few legal speed bumps that I already know about, or people would be doing this. I have long considered setting up my company in a tax sheltered nation, and just paying myself like 20k/yr as a Canadian employee of the business. Is it really that expensive to have a lawyer/accountant set up a shell company down there?

    Other option is to just find a job overseas. I've interviewed for one so far in a tax free nation, but covid has royally fucked up their hiring time frame. No idea when I can expect to hear back about it now.
    Nothing if you don’t like borrowing money from Canadian banks

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
    Posts
    2,562
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Just be happy with your beige coloured Corolla comrade.

    Don't you know that success and achievement are to be punished?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I think the arguments are work about this today were hilarious. I disagree with it 100%, but some guys were arguing like they were just about to buy a $100g car this summer.

    I think the average car value in our parking lots is around $15g and there's only one that was worth over $100g brand new. The guy yelling loudest drives a rusty 2008 Sierra 1500.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,734
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Wait...so 100k retail brand new? What if it was 100k new, but only 95k used?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait...so 100k retail brand new? What if it was 100k new, but only 95k used?
    What's a "used" car?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,024
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's a "used" car?
    Shak knows lots of people who buy used cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the arguments are work about this today were hilarious. I disagree with it 100%, but some guys were arguing like they were just about to buy a $100g car this summer.

    I think the average car value in our parking lots is around $15g and there's only one that was worth over $100g brand new. The guy yelling loudest drives a rusty 2008 Sierra 1500.
    Not every one argues from a completely selfish point of view. A lot of us are concerned for people in general and just want the best for society. If one automatically assumes everyone is selfish, this is likely a form of mirroring.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not every one argues from a completely selfish point of view. A lot of us are concerned for people in general and just want the best for society. If one automatically assumes everyone is selfish, this is likely a form of mirroring.
    Trust me, the people arguing yesterday, aren't ever concerned for other people.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    China building them electric wonders. If they put one motor on each wheel which you can do with electric, instead of a single electric motor with higher torque than a combustion engine, you will have an electric vehicle with 4x more torque than the best singular electric engine.

    Buyer beware for the torque heads.

    By comparison dogecoin is up what 16,000% since last year? If you are simply spending to show that money really doesn't matter, then combustion car is the way to go.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-21-2021 at 07:27 AM.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,734
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's a "used" car?
    I forgot. Beyond.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,742
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Wish I could remember who here said they'd never buy a used house... hah

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trust me, the people arguing yesterday, aren't ever concerned for other people.
    Either way, I don't see anything wrong with selfishly not wanting to pay these extra taxes that will be guaranteed to trickle down to all of us middle classers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wish I could remember who here said they'd never buy a used house... hah
    Well you have to admit it is a weird proposition to pay more for something used and not as nice.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gotta start planning my move to the Cayman Islands.
    The Caymans has a 42% duty on car imports over $30,000, FWIW.

    Tax shelters still need to make money, afterall.

    https://caymanresident.com/live/tran...mporting-a-car

    The import duty is calculated on what is known as the CIF value. This is the Cost of the car plus the Insurance premium for its journey by ship, plus the sea freight charges. 100% electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles are charged at a different rate depending on their CIF value. 100% electric vehicles are charged a maximum of 10% of their CIF and hybrid vehicles are charged a maximum of 15% of their landed CIF. All pick-up trucks, unless hybrid and electric, are rated at 29.5%.

    CIF up to CI$20,000 = 29.5%
    CIF up to CI$25,000 = 32%
    CIF up to CI$30,000 = 37%
    CIF from CI$30,001 and up = 42%

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What are the odds this budget passes and this tax is implemented? Starting to feel to pressure to buy now.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,660
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the odds this budget passes and this tax is implemented? Starting to feel to pressure to buy now.
    Should probably get a new mastercraft for your boat slip while you’re at it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SuperCars Exposed - Ultimate Supercars

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 01-20-2010, 09:30 AM
  2. Supercars

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
  3. top gear supercars!!!!

    By 962 kid in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 10-31-2004, 10:50 PM
  4. Aussie V8 Supercars are back on Speed

    By fast95pony in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 10-18-2003, 04:32 PM
  5. How to Kill Supercars - Cool Racing Vids

    By Ekliptix in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 09-26-2003, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •