Quantcast
Fees for using Kananasikis - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fees for using Kananasikis

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've learned that campsites are far too inexpensive. Or more specifically, changes and cancellations to campsite reservations are far too inexpensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard gen xers are leaving troll dolls all over troll falls..
    I think that's all boomers.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a $50 non-refundable reservation fee and an additional $100 change fee?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by dromz View Post
    Too many people who don't pick up their shit after them, crazy how people can't respect such a beautiful environment. I'm not for more taxes but something had to be done.
    This. Funny how the same people who are crazy anti-industry due to environmental impact are also staunchly against this attempt to reduce the environmental impact of people (I personally think both need to be handled better but find the hypocrisy rather funny).

I'm pretty disappointed in the UCP overall but this seems like a reasonable move. I think there should be a mandatory 10 minute video and 10 question quiz on basic environmental respect as part of purchasing the permit as well. Completely big-brother (which I don't really like) but people are f*cking morons and that way there are no excuses or warnings to be given by conservation officers. You signed off that you know the rules so pay the price for breaking them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wonder if the fee for this area will spill over into more enforcement in nearby areas without fees, where you know use will skyrocket too.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

My initial reaction was negative because this overcrowding is a very temporary issue but then I remembered that back in the day, growing up in the great republic of Saskatchistan people had to buy annual passes to the provincial parks, they were little stickers that went on the window of your car. I don't know what the cost was but it's not like this is a new idea.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I'd be more ok with this if it were a tempory solution to a temporary problem. In 3 years, the parks will have almost the same number of visitors as it did pre-covid, except this will never be rescinded.
    This. I will vote for whoever rescinds this on their platform. I don't care about anything else, but this is just bullshit. Let's take the one activity everyone is able to do during a pandemic, and tax the shit out of it. Once travel opens up, all of these newly found hippies will go back to international travel and the parts will be back to normal level that didn't cost any extra. All these fees will go towards enforcement officers salary, and nothing towards parks. Anyone who thinks this will make Kananaskis a better place is kidding themselves. I for one will find somewhere else to go personally. I hike like once or twice a year, nice free activity, at least it was, so will find somewhere else to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Nothing will change after this fee except it now covers 10% of Parks budget.

If overcrowding is an issue (I was part of this guilty party during winter) then this will definitely address it to a degree.
    So the fee should be 10 times higher?

If they really want to maximize revenue they should also enforce it daily. Then they can add more ticket revenue too.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I know. Really aggressive tow trucks and a super expensive shuttle bus to the impound lot out somewhere near fortress junction.

Plus snipers with poison darts overlooking day use areas. Antidote is $1000/dose.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This. I will vote for whoever rescinds this on their platform. I don't care about anything else, but this is just bullshit. Let's take the one activity everyone is able to do during a pandemic, and tax the shit out of it. Once travel opens up, all of these newly found hippies will go back to international travel and the parts will be back to normal level that didn't cost any extra. All these fees will go towards enforcement officers salary, and nothing towards parks. Anyone who thinks this will make Kananaskis a better place is kidding themselves. I for one will find somewhere else to go personally. I hike like once or twice a year, nice free activity, at least it was, so will find somewhere else to go.
    Hiking twice per year is going to cost you thirty bucks for two carloads of people.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The kind of people who think this fee is too much money to use the park. Are the kind of people I don’t want using it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I personally will vote for whatever candidate looks like they'll make someone else pay for things.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I think the govt is going to make a reasonable amount of money with this, has anyone been out to west bragg creek in the last 4 months, everytime ive been there on a saturday or sunday the entire carpark plus all the way down the roads have been full.

I actually hope if the NDP get into govt again they just bring in a 7% PST so we can get back to fucking balance on our budget, enough with skirting around the issue and penny pinching everything else.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The NDP are going to balance the budget…

The shit you read on the internet lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

of course not but they would put in the PST to help balance the budget by the UCP which would get in after them (after everyone is pissed off from this round)

My Ride
    ute

Every service will be paid for by the gov't....by taxes raised on the guy who is earning an income just more than theirs

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I actually hope if the NDP get into govt again they just bring in a 7% PST so we can get back to fucking balance on our budget, enough with skirting around the issue and penny pinching everything else.
    They'll just use the revenue to hire another 30,000 people to vote... err, work for them.

My Ride
    Silverado

The NDP aren't putting in a PST. In their opinion, it isn't a fair form of taxation. Not nearly enough 'tax the rich' involved. Nor would they ever balance the budget.

Since when do Albertans care about balancing the budget?

The dumbest thing about the plan is the pass being tied to cars, and not being applicable to all parks. Saskatchewan has a simple 'copy and paste' one that does just that, and basically mimics the National Park policy which pretty much washes away any political grandstanding with it and makes it cheap to check compliance across the province. One fee, all parks, transferable. Cheap to implement, cheaper to enforce, more palatable for the voting base.

This is both bad operationally, and politically, which is very on brand for this government.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 04-28-2021 at 08:25 AM.

My Ride
    ute

The NDP do not want to just grow gov't, they want to create dependency on gov't. Actually, that's pretty much the MO for all current governments, especially the feds.

My Ride
    Silverado

Hopefully next up is an emergency room user fee

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Hopefully next up is an emergency room user fee
    low income and First Nations exempt, of course

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast