Quantcast
Indycar 2021 Season - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Indycar 2021 Season

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Indycar 2021 Season

Anyone following indycar? Been following since last year, figure I’d start a thread now that McLaren takes a win.

O’Ward earns himself a f1 test with his maiden win.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone following indycar? Been following since last year, figure I’d start a thread now that McLaren takes a win.

O’Ward earns himself a f1 test with his maiden win.
    I usually dont watch it other than Indy 500, but ive got it downloaded to watch today so hopefully i can get into it. O'Ward does look like a great up and comer!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I havnt seen this weekends race yet normally I get to it through the week.

I watched the previous 2 and wasn’t a fan of the tracks, seemed like limited passing spots. I do enjoy watching it anyway. Rossi has been my favorite for a couple seasons, hopefully Grosjean can do something good this season. Always scary watching them on ovals.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

I stopped watching it when CART and INDY had their dispute and the new series was created. It was never the same after that. Tried to watch it last weekend, but just couldn't get into it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    I stopped watching it when CART and INDY had their dispute and the new series was created. It was never the same after that. Tried to watch it last weekend, but just couldn't get into it.
    Same. I got back into it when Alonso went for Indy, and started watching all the races last year only because McLaren fielded a team with Arrow.

It’s not bad, very different from F1. Have to really toss the car around to go quick, smooth is slow on the road courses. Guessing because of lack of power steering and you have to be pretty slow to be perfectly smooth, and at the limit the car tosses you around.

Grosjean hasn’t really impressed at all, O’Ward has been exciting to watch throwing the car around and coming up with seemingly impossible lap times.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Watched sunday's race replay. That opening lap crash, even though slow in comparison to the usual speeds, was pretty intense. Otherwise you could just tell that O'Ward was on the limit and pushing all race, passing guys in sketchy places and making it stick. Quite the performance, and worthy of a F1 test!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Those cars seem way more durable than F1 cars. If that were F1, Jones' front wing would've been obliterated the first time he hit O'Ward. Then O'Ward practically broadsides him 3 turns later and somehow O'Ward's car is fine along with the other car.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I was following it for a few years during the time Edmonton had a race on the calendar (so 2006-2012ish?). Then my interest dropped off again sometime after that.

I got to meet a bunch of the drivers which helped stay interested. I’m not sure how it is with F1 and their drivers, but with Indy they seemed fairly accessible via the autograph tables etc. Some highlights for me included Rubens Barrichello, Helio Castroneves and Tony Kanaan. All super nice guys. On the opposite end of the spectrum.... Paul Tracy. What a dick.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I met Paul Tracy back in 95. Super nice guy. Maybe he’s old and grumpy now haha. You’re right tho, indycar drivers are all really nice people to interact with. Met Villeneuve, Michael Andretti, Bobby Rahal, all super nice.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

An indycar race with no full course cautions is basically an f1 race. Only passing in the pits up front.

Hopefully this isn’t the first race that @Buster followed.

Good race today. I am glad that he yellows didn't come into play today. Grosjean getting 2nd wasn't a bad result for him. Before the race, I was fully expecting him to fall back down the field so I was pleasantly surprise that he had a shot to win today. Getting through lapped traffic effectively is important in Indy Car and he probably could have done a better job with Sato and Bourdais.

My Ride

Bad luck for Grosjean. He raced really well. Strategy and fighting the back markers fucked him a bit at the end.

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Anyone watch the Music City Grand prix in Nashville this past weekend? i'm only got 12 laps in and i'm still laughing......

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 4WARNED View Post
    Anyone watch the Music City Grand prix in Nashville this past weekend? i'm only got 12 laps in and i'm still laughing......
    I hope @Buster skips this race because that’ll be 2 series he can’t watch because penalties aren’t tough enough.

Also, I love how they’re racing Indycar on what’s essentially the Daytona USA expert track.