Quantcast
Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle? - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 125 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2493

Thread: Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per the article “APA’s position is if they are going to do that they need to make you whole because you are paying interest on that loan whether you like it or not for at least three months and in many cases six months.”

But I agree with you, what exactly could the dealership do if you financed and paid the entire loan off the next day? Unless there's some early repayment penalty in the fine print
    Recently went through this exact situation.

Ordered a new car for my wife 6 months ago... To be fair, the dealer was upfront then about mandatory finance for 6 months, but I thought "we'll see in a few months" (when the car was supposed to arrive)...

When the car arrived, I spoke to the NCM and finance manager and they maintained the financing was mandatory, but quickly offered an upfront rebate for the interest for the 6 months. For the aggravation, I also managed to squeeze a little extra out on the trade and drove away with a new car and a cheque... And yes, I marth'd my way through the finance calcs to make sure I wasn't leaving any money on the table.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Are inducements legal in unsecured financing? Or auto lending? I guess it’s usually secured on the vehicle?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    Recently went through this exact situation.

Ordered a new car for my wife 6 months ago... To be fair, the dealer was upfront then about mandatory finance for 6 months, but I thought "we'll see in a few months" (when the car was supposed to arrive)...

When the car arrived, I spoke to the NCM and finance manager and they maintained the financing was mandatory, but quickly offered an upfront rebate for the interest for the 6 months. For the aggravation, I also managed to squeeze a little extra out on the trade and drove away with a new car and a cheque... And yes, I marth'd my way through the finance calcs to make sure I wasn't leaving any money on the table.

oh interesting.. so does this mean you get the upfront discount equivalent to the 6 month interests costs, and technically also able to pay off the loan in full at the bank the next day?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

It’s been a while since I financed, but isn’t the total loan amount including interest?
    Example you finance the remaining $40,000 at X.X%, the next day you owe $40k+interest. So you’d essentially be paying the bank more than the $40k.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    It’s been a while since I financed, but isn’t the total loan amount including interest?
    Example you finance the remaining $40,000 at X.X%, the next day you owe $40k+interest. So you’d essentially be paying the bank more than the $40k.
    Nope. They payout doesn't include interest. It's always lower than the sum of the remaining payments. In my experience anyways.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Auto loans are generally simple math interest loans with a daily per diem.

The Auto show is cancelled due to lack of supply

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think you are vastly overestimating the ability of most people to pay off their loans, even with other forms of credit.
    This 100%. Everyone here pays cash but the average car buyer wont be, theyll be going for the 7+ years with the cost of cars now and i also wouldnt be surprised to start seeing the cash back "deal" advertised all over. Saw some sign at Universal ford in 2014 that said cash back up to $15k so i thought it was a major rebate. Wanted a new truck so i thought it was perfect timing. Went in and looked at an f150 platinum($62k msrp back then) and thought i would be getting a nice chunk off or cash back. Turns out the cash back is not a rebate but what they offered was for you to add on up to $15k on top of the purchase price and you could use the $15k for whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    ... Saw some sign at Universal ford in 2014 that said cash back up to $15k so i thought it was a major rebate. Wanted a new truck so i thought it was perfect timing. Went in and looked at an f150 platinum($62k msrp back then) and thought i would be getting a nice chunk off or cash back. Turns out the cash back is not a rebate but what they offered was for you to add on up to $15k on top of the purchase price and you could use the $15k for whatever.
    So, stop holding out on us! How much did you win from the lottery tickets you bought with that sweet $15k??!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    So, stop holding out on us! How much did you win from the lottery tickets you bought with that sweet $15k??!
    Lotto is for suckers. Got my mom, dad and brother in law to co sign for me and walked out with 20k cash. Dropped the truck off at a truck parts place and got it lifted, 35's on 28's and some other things, had to put a couple grand on my friends CC because 20k wasnt enough lol
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Lotto is for suckers. Got my mom, dad and brother in law to co sign for me and walked out with 20k cash. Dropped the truck off at a truck parts place and got it lifted, 35's on 28's and some other things, had to put a couple grand on my friends CC because 20k wasnt enough lol
    Can you help me move this sweet leather chair I just bought?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    oh interesting.. so does this mean you get the upfront discount equivalent to the 6 month interests costs, and technically also able to pay off the loan in full at the bank the next day?
    To be clear, it wasn't a discount on the contract, but a separate cheque from the dealership to me. Technically not accounted for anywhere in the contract, or any other agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Nope. They payout doesn't include interest. It's always lower than the sum of the remaining payments. In my experience anyways.
    This is (or should be) the correct way - If the car is paid off early, that amount will be less than the sum of the remaining payments, because there's interest accounted for in the remaining / future payments that isn't actually incurred.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Can you help me move this sweet leather chair I just bought?
    I totally would but it got repo'd within 6 months

My Ride
    This and that.

Someone I know did just that yesterday. Purchased a new Ram 1500 msrp 67'ish for like 53k (apparently they are running 15%-20% off on msrp on Classic Ram's), and the dealer tacked on 20k on top of the loan and gave him a cheque back. He apparently wants to pay off his credit card debt which is at a much higher interest rate of course. Pretty silly to let your situation get there, but if you are there, not a bad way to go around and consolidate your debt.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 11-23-2022 at 12:27 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    SPretty silly to let your situation get there, but if you are there, not a bad way to go around and consolidate your debt.
    Until they rack up their credit card debt again, because now it's a zero balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    This and that.

Absolutely, if that doesn't teach you your lesson, then nothing will.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Someone I know did just that yesterday. Purchased a new Ram 1500 msrp 67'ish for like 53k (apparently they are running 15%-20% off on msrp on Classic Ram's), and the dealer tacked on 20k on top of the loan and gave him a cheque back. He apparently wants to pay off his credit card debt which is at a much higher interest rate of course. Pretty silly to let your situation get there, but if you are there, not a bad way to go around and consolidate your debt.
    Ford and GM can't even get you a truck but Dodge has so many sitting on lots they're offering $14K off

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea apparently only the classic Ram's though, I imagine they weren't impacted by the commodity shortage on those base models and ended up ordering a shit ton and now they are trying to move them however they can.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I wonder if RAM is going to keep those Classics going for a while. They seem to sell well enough and must be dirt cheap to produce at this point

Thats wild but yeah if you can manage your finances better this go around it might not be a bad route.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I wonder if RAM is going to keep those Classics going for a while. They seem to sell well enough and must be dirt cheap to produce at this point
    TIL riander5 needs a giant fucking loan. Wolves are at the door.

Name:  tenor(1).gif
Views: 379
Size:  342.0 KB

Page 69 of 125 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast