Quantcast
Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle? - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 53 of 125 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2493

Thread: Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle?

My Ride
    NC1

So no tax if delivered before sept 2022? Lol I’m trying to keep up ahha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

still an absolutely ridiculars tax.

Can't wait till a honda civic costs $100k and gets hit with this tax. Nothing like limiting your serfs mobility by not allowing them to have vehicles.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    ute

This tax is a drop in the bucket compared to hies much the government takes from hnw people.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This tax is a drop in the bucket compared to how much the government tries to take from hnw people.
    ftfy
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I started email discussions with a dealership out of town on the purchase of a new vehicle for my wife.

Three times I have asked for the purchase cost of the vehicle, breakdown, fees etc...

All I get back is questions about financing and if I have a trade...

Sigh...
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
    I started email discussions with a dealership out of town on the purchase of a new vehicle for my wife.

Three times I have asked for the purchase cost of the vehicle, breakdown, fees etc...

All I get back is questions about financing and if I have a trade...

Sigh...
    I ran into this, reply with a very simple, yet slightly passive aggressive question asking the same thing but breaking it down in toddler terms.

If they are serious about selling a vehicle they'll reply.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

“I buy vehicles for cash”

Tends to eliminate this problem
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Unless you know someone that’s probably gonna be the reply or they will ask you to come down to the dealership.

Dealers make money on financing so ofc they want you to go that way.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

You could always buy a used rental car. Cuz that's a great idea.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

So my wife's SUV is on it's way out (CVT Transmission issues) so she decided it's time for a new one. We looked at a Toyota Corolla Cross and were told that it's a 10 month wait. That's out then. Did some more shopping over the weekend, but couldn't find anything she liked. She went out Tuesday with my son to look at a few different ones. Liked the Kona, hated the Seltos, skipped BMW and Mercedes. She happened to see a Chevy Trax and liked the looks of it. Went to a dealer to drive one, but didn't like it. The salesman showed her a Buick Encore GX and she loved it. Only problem was it was used. Asked of there were any new ones. They looked and saw that one had just come in. Go look at it and it's the color she wants and all the options as well. Put a deal together Tuesday evening and she picks it up on Saturday.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    So my wife's SUV is on it's way out (CVT Transmission issues) so she decided it's time for a new one. We looked at a Toyota Corolla Cross and were told that it's a 10 month wait. That's out then. Did some more shopping over the weekend, but couldn't find anything she liked. She went out Tuesday with my son to look at a few different ones. Liked the Kona, hated the Seltos, skipped BMW and Mercedes. She happened to see a Chevy Trax and liked the looks of it. Went to a dealer to drive one, but didn't like it. The salesman showed her a Buick Encore GX and she loved it. Only problem was it was used. Asked of there were any new ones. They looked and saw that one had just come in. Go look at it and it's the color she wants and all the options as well. Put a deal together Tuesday evening and she picks it up on Saturday.
    Nice, glad you guys found something she liked. I'm a big supporter of happy wife = happy life.
    Price breakdown if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering about how much dealer markup and their misc fees.

If its the CVT in the 09 Murano, I'm suprised it lasted this long.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    You could always buy a used rental car. Cuz that's a great idea.
    back in the "before times" a huge percentage of Certified Pre-owned cars at dealerships were from rental fleets. Not just domestics either, cars like BMW 3 and 5 series, and X5 were very popular at Avis and Budget, and they all ended up back at the dealership.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    If its the CVT in the 09 Murano, I'm suprised it lasted this long.
    Yeah, we got 260k out of it, so that's not bad from what I have heard about them.

And AMEN to Happy wife=Happy Life!!

Congrats, it's nice to hear about deals working out. The Encore is a decent little ride too, 9 speed instead of a CVT is a win right there too. It's incredible how small the motors are getting too, 1.3L with that power/trq is amazing compared to just 5 or 10 years ago.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Similar situation here. We didn't go with Buick, but picking up a new SUV in a couple hours after doing all the work over the weekend. Three separate RAV4s that we made appointments to test drive were gone before we even got there (spoiler: we didn't buy a RAV4). It was a shitshow doing the shopping and figuring out the best prices but she found something she liked the way she likes it and you guys know the saying. Just glad it's done.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Minivan lyf

Put a deposit on a 2023 Kia Carnival, refundable if we don't like it when it gets here

Could be up to 13 months at current build rates

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Minivan is best family vehicle.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Can't talk the wife into a Honda Elysion

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Congrats, it's nice to hear about deals working out. The Encore is a decent little ride too, 9 speed instead of a CVT is a win right there too. It's incredible how small the motors are getting too, 1.3L with that power/trq is amazing compared to just 5 or 10 years ago.
    I was actually quite surprised by the power. It's not amazing by any stretch, but way better than I thought it would be. And yes, hers has the 9 speed, not the CVT. I don't think I could do another CVT.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Similar situation here. We didn't go with Buick, but picking up a new SUV in a couple hours after doing all the work over the weekend. Three separate RAV4s that we made appointments to test drive were gone before we even got there (spoiler: we didn't buy a RAV4). It was a shitshow doing the shopping and figuring out the best prices but she found something she liked the way she likes it and you guys know the saying. Just glad it's done.
    My wife spent from Friday morning until Tuesday looking online, watching YouTube reviews, driving around to actually see them in person. It was starting to get exhausting. Glad it's done, and fingers crossed, it's a good little car for her.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Minivan lyf
    Kids are getting older, after 10yrs of minivan lyfe we're leaving it behind now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    They really are. And I'm always going to miss the ability to pile up 4x8 sheets in the back. That Grand Caravan was a trooper for a decade.

I was actually quite surprised by the power. It's not amazing by any stretch, but way better than I thought it would be. And yes, hers has the 9 speed, not the CVT. I don't think I could do another CVT.
    Interesting. We're doing our first CVT. I'm not big on them but I think it'll be good for her. Fingers crossed.

Page 53 of 125 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast