Quantcast
Is being CKC registered important? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Is being CKC registered important?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Good luck with everything @shakalaka , all car jokes aside, your life changes dramatically with a child especially the first. Focus on that for now, there is a lot of time for a pet down the road.

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks guys for the wishes. Yes, we are definitely on edge, particularly my wife. It was particularly hard for her last time, so I am hoping that we don't have to go through it again. But yea, it appears that I am going to have to put the dream of a dog on the back burner for now.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She’s pregnant?

DO NOT GET THE DOG

Aside from that, congrats. Also you should sell the GTS lmao
    This

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Shak, Also watch your wife for signs of Post Partum Depression. Super common in "mild" form, but it can be more severe as well, and can have a massive impact on your family. There's a lot of resources to assist with this, and if you suspect anything, reach out to them. I'm one of them, we went through a bad case and it nearly broke us.

Not really what this thread was about, but I'll post that anywhere I can.
    This. Not only is your job to help look after the baby, stay on top of work/bills/house, but also to keep an eye on your wife's mental and physical health. She will be going through some pretty drastic changes of the next 2 years and you need to be that baseline that can recognize if things start to go off course. Start the conversation about it now to normalize mental health issues and do deliberate check-in's periodically both before and after the baby arrives; "how are you feeling mentally", or "I've noticed you seem overwhelmed lately, lets go for a walk and have a chat". Familiarize yourself with some of those resources that ExtraHusband referred to so you know who to reach out to when and if needed. It may also not even be a bad idea to have an introductory meeting with a councilor so if she needs someone to talk to after the fact then she has at least a bit of familiarity. With how prevalent miscarriages are, and your previous experience, implementing steps like this into this pregnancy could save some potentially drastic heartache after baby is here and momma hasn't slept because she's a walking, talking snack bitch.

This isn't to say she will for sure experience PPD but getting everything out in the open and making mental health talks a regular/normal part of your conversations ahead of time will make addressing it after the fact much easier should she experience it. The added benefit is if you end up going through any depression or anxiety after baby is here (because dad's aren't immune to that) you are familiar with resources as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Thanks guys for the wishes. Yes, we are definitely on edge, particularly my wife. It was particularly hard for her last time, so I am hoping that we don't have to go through it again. But yea, it appears that I am going to have to put the dream of a dog on the back burner for now.
    My dog loves company.. You're more than welcome to come by and throw a ball around for her Unless she doesn't like you.. But only met 1 person so far.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

At the end of the day you need to figure out how much help you're going to get from family, how much time you and your wife are going to take off from work etc. Raising a puppy and child simultaneously needs resources -- it's not impossible and I'd argue it's better for baby's immune system/allergies.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This. Not only is your job to help look after the baby, stay on top of work/bills/house, but also to keep an eye on your wife's mental and physical health. She will be going through some pretty drastic changes of the next 2 years and you need to be that baseline that can recognize if things start to go off course. Start the conversation about it now to normalize mental health issues and do deliberate check-in's periodically both before and after the baby arrives; "how are you feeling mentally", or "I've noticed you seem overwhelmed lately, lets go for a walk and have a chat". Familiarize yourself with some of those resources that ExtraHusband referred to so you know who to reach out to when and if needed. It may also not even be a bad idea to have an introductory meeting with a councilor so if she needs someone to talk to after the fact then she has at least a bit of familiarity. With how prevalent miscarriages are, and your previous experience, implementing steps like this into this pregnancy could save some potentially drastic heartache after baby is here and momma hasn't slept because she's a walking, talking snack bitch.

This isn't to say she will for sure experience PPD but getting everything out in the open and making mental health talks a regular/normal part of your conversations ahead of time will make addressing it after the fact much easier should she experience it. The added benefit is if you end up going through any depression or anxiety after baby is here (because dad's aren't immune to that) you are familiar with resources as well.
    These are really good points. Thanks for taking the time. My wife is a psychologist, so I would think that we are somewhat better prepared to deal with these things than a 'regular person', but she's by no means immune to all this just by virtue of being a psychologist. I am well aware of that. I do like the points you have made and I will definitely keep these in mind. Even though we are only like 6 weeks or so right now, sometimes I lose my patience with her mood swings - which I need to work on as I am in general an impatient person. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    My dog loves company.. You're more than welcome to come by and throw a ball around for her Unless she doesn't like you.. But only met 1 person so far.
    Haha I love dogs. I have some family that have them and when we visit I sit there playing with the dogs all the time. The more time I spend with one, the more I want one. But based on everything I have read here, I think I just have to wait until the time is right. I don't mind doing the extra work to be honest, but I want to make sure my wife doesn't feel overwhelmed with everything happening as it is so it's likely better to just hold-off for now. Although that breeder I mentioned above does have the perfect little guy for us and even though not CKC registered, is full Havanese and they seem like reputable breeder and have been doing it for a long time.

All CKC registered breeders that I messaged, have a wait list of loner than 1-2 year (one was 3 years) and some aren't even taking reservations right now. So one thought is to get on a 1-2 year wait list right now and see how things go by then I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    At the end of the day you need to figure out how much help you're going to get from family, how much time you and your wife are going to take off from work etc. Raising a puppy and child simultaneously needs resources -- it's not impossible and I'd argue it's better for baby's immune system/allergies.
    This is also a good point. We could have a lot of help from my wife's parents pertaining to the baby, that's not an issue. The dog however, my FIL has made it clear that he wouldn't let one enter his house, so there's that. Haha.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    You sound like someone who has (maybe) raised a puppy, and not raised an infant.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Parenting sub-forum is still active I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Is having a CKC registered kid important?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Is having a CKC registered kid important?
    Only if they are pure bred
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4