Quantcast
lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want any sort of fitness, you need to get your heart rate to 90-95% of your max heart rate. T
    I don't know if this is gospel, my max HR should be 175 and I think I've only ever hit 132 on my monitor.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I hit over 100% if I do a really strenuous run.

- - - Updated - - -

OXO scale is best scale:

https://www.amazon.ca/Good-Grips-Sca...1271129&sr=8-5

I always like baselines because that way you have a clear starting point.

Get a DEXA scan if you can. I had a BMR and body fat analysis done at Preventous way back in the day when I started and then redone after I lost about 30 lbs.
    Last edited by suntan; 05-17-2021 at 11:11 AM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

May be worth while reading 'the cholesterol code' by Jason Fung, a lot of doctors are on old school thinking and need to realize your body produces the cholesterol it requires, instead they just prescribe statins for the rest of your life which have been linked to things like Alzheimer's

As well when you're losing weight, stressed, not being active, etc your negative markers do increase so don't go for blood work in those times
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

did you doctor suggest taking psyllium fiber before each meal? Helps with cholesterol as well as makes your poop soft.

He’s middle aged, it’s mandatory to have fiber at every meal unless you want your shits to last 20 mins.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    He’s middle aged, it’s mandatory to have fiber at every meal unless you want your shits to last 20 mins.
    Yeah, definitely don't want roids.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I had a cousin who decided to become a vegetarian; starting eating a ton of beans “because healthy” ...she got fat

Ride your shiny new bikes more, give yourself dedicated eating windows... snacking is the killer, healthy food is BS, take a multivitamin and eat whatever you want within reason
    If you don't understand cal in and cal out, it doesn't matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I can't stand benefiber. I can tolerate Meta.

Another cheap source of fibre is Air popped popcorn (if you can stand the smell). Has the benefit of filling you up.

A brisk walk isn't enough.

I'm 5'10" and am sitting at 165lbs. Beginning of 2018, I was 210. I've been as low as 160 after taking a massive morning shit.

If you want any sort of fitness, you need to get your heart rate to 90-95% of your max heart rate. The last lock down I did online workouts. Thought I was doing good keeping my cardio going. Got back in the gym and nearly threw up the first workout because I was so out of shape. This lock down is doing more of the same. fucking covid.

Fuck it, gonna play hookie from work and do a tour of Nose hill right now.
    My main fitness right now is zwift - HR monitor, and I've been doing the FTP builder training for the last couple of weeks. Zwift is good at keeping my intensity up.

Take your e-bike.

Put it on eco.

Go up hills in fifth gear.

Try starting couch to 5K as well, if you think running is up your alley.

Again though, diet will be your most important thing. When I do my bike to work and back, it's 50km. It burns about 1300 cals total. That's 100 min of cycling, if which about 20 min is uphill. You do the math.

My usual 5K run is 27 min, it burns all of 320 cals these days.
    Running isn't my thing at the moment, I find it too injury inducing. As for the e-bike that is intended for social reasons - I want to be able to keep up with some of my friends who can climb like lunatics. Otherwsie I just don't join them because they have to wait.

I hit over 100% if I do a really strenuous run.

- - - Updated - - -

OXO scale is best scale:

https://www.amazon.ca/Good-Grips-Sca...1271129&sr=8-5

I always like baselines because that way you have a clear starting point.

Get a DEXA scan if you can. I had a BMR and body fat analysis done at Preventous way back in the day when I started and then redone after I lost about 30 lbs.
    Where do you get a scan done?

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    May be worth while reading 'the cholesterol code' by Jason Fung, a lot of doctors are on old school thinking and need to realize your body produces the cholesterol it requires, instead they just prescribe statins for the rest of your life which have been linked to things like Alzheimer's

As well when you're losing weight, stressed, not being active, etc your negative markers do increase so don't go for blood work in those times
    Stress is not a variable in my life. It is here, and it is here to stay.

Great, do the climbs on eco and in fifth with your friends!

I'm not sure where you can get dexa scan done here. When I checked years ago only the U of C did but I'm sure that's changed now.

I did find this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...get_a/do75iee/

Eat less. Buy a food scale. Weigh your food, or look at the nutrition facts.

Eating out can be tough. A burger and fries can be anywhere from 1000-3000 calories.

Dunno how tall you are, but at 1500 cals/day I lose around 1kg/week. 1800 is maintenance for me. I'm 5'11 and Asian, the latter part means I have to eat less (yes, whiteys can eat a bit more).

Use MyFitnessPal to log your calories and activities. Use a HRM to track your physical activity. Walking consumes very few calories BTW.

I lost over 50 lbs doing this, and I'm so freaking fit now that I got a discount on my life insurance because my blood work and BP were excellent.

You will have to budget your calories. Want something sweet? Okay, that's 200 cals off or you're gonna have to run for 20 mins.

Everyday you must eat fruit, veggies and get your fiber. Oatmeal, watermelon, oranges, apples, etc are your friends. We're old so you gotta have the fiber. Shredded Wheat, whole grain bread.
    I'm about the same size and was wondering why I wasn't shedding weight at 2000 cals/day. Sucks that maintenance is so low. Buffets are a total waste of money now. I do find that my appetite has decreased also with age. If I have a relatively bigger meal for breakfast/lunch I find I'm not all that hungry rest of the day.

Surprised no one brought up IF yet. It's the only 'short cut' to weight loss if there ever was one.

In terms of workouts I like cycling but it consumes more time than calories. Have to ride an hour or two to get a good work out in unless you're doing intervals or a spin class. Fastest way to burn calories is running intervals. Its really good way to increase endurance and cardio too.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    I'm about the same size and was wondering why I wasn't shedding weight at 2000 cals/day. Sucks that maintenance is so low. Buffets are a total waste of money now. I do find that my appetite has decreased also with age. If I have a relatively bigger meal for breakfast/lunch I find I'm not all that hungry rest of the day.

Surprised no one brought up IF yet. It's the only 'short cut' to weight loss if there ever was one.

In terms of workouts I like cycling but it consumes more time than calories. Have to ride an hour or two to get a good work out in unless you're doing intervals or a spin class. Fastest way to burn calories is running intervals. Its really good way to increase endurance and cardio too.
    fastest is to add resistance. I was fittest when I was doing a lot of olympic lifting and other high intensity shit that involved weights and squats

Intervals are for fatties. I do HIT - high interval training. 100% HR for 26 mins.

Intervals are for fatties. I do HIT - high interval training. 100% HR for 26 mins.
    Haven't heard of this before. Is this for cardio or weights? From what I recall interval training is supposed to be 80 to 100% of effort for minute or so bursts. Effort and HR are different but if you can run or train at a certain pace for half a hour its not gonna be near max effort...unless you are in crazy great shape. Isn't that just endurance training?

Haven't heard of this before. Is this for cardio or weights? From what I recall interval training is supposed to be 80 to 100% of effort for minute or so bursts. Effort and HR are different but if you can run or train at a certain pace for half a hour its not gonna be near max effort...unless you are in crazy great shape. Isn't that just endurance training?
    HIIT was meant as an easy way for fat slobs to do a workout and keep it interesting. After a while you will outgrow it and actually have to do things like try to keep that HR way up for extended periods.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    fastest is to add resistance. I was fittest when I was doing a lot of olympic lifting and other high intensity shit that involved weights and squats
    This is the way. Strong resistance training, with reasonable functional cardio work. No need to blow your brains out.

HIIT was meant as an easy way for fat slobs to do a workout and keep it interesting. After a while you will outgrow it and actually have to do things like try to keep that HR way up for extended periods.
    Your posts make me think you have a distorted view of fitness or, have taken a really difficult path in finding it. I don't mean that insultingly, end of the day whatever works for you works. Some of your posts though, like this one and the 100% HR for 26 minutes both baffle and terrify me.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-18-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This is the way. Strong resistance training, with reasonable functional cardio work. No need to blow your brains out.

Your posts make me think you have a distorted view of fitness or, have taken a really difficult path in finding it. I don't mean that insultingly, end of the day whatever works for you works. Some of your posts though, like this one and the 100% HR for 26 minutes both baffle and terrify me.
    To be fair... he is even older than you and buster... 100% is probably achievable when he forgets to have enough fibre before his morning shit

My Ride
    *The First*

Isn't Bean Salad that delicious thing in a jar that's full of oil & vinegar? That doesn't strike me as an ideal food, but I'm no Dr. Atkins.
    I used to work with a healthy guy who was obsessed with pH balance. He felt that normal diets were full of acid so he ate a few odd things that were supposed to counter that. He was a chill guy.
    /CoolStoryBro

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post

Believe me, after you've cardio trained for months and months it gets easier and easier and easier. It helps that I'm not a giant pile of blubber.

Also strength training greatly increases your cardio capabilities. The only thing that let me run faster was squats.

And I'm not even close to being awesome. I have friends my age that can run, bike and swim way faster for way longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    Ahh thanks for this. My brother in law brought this over to my house one day and I forgot to ask him what it was called. Good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post

I second this.

You could be ok and potentially this is more related to a blood sugar, glucose issue and maybe resolved with intermittent fasting or a method that doesn't directly target cholesterol but in a round about way it'll help it all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast