Quantcast
lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Just pedal a downhill bike around the city and you’ll get plenty of exercise

My Ride
    Exploded.

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. Have to lower my cholesterol levels so I've been limiting my eggs intake (used to eat at least 2 a day) and red meats; switching it up to chicken and fish. Avoiding shellfish altogether as well. Quinoa as the carb part.

My breakfast will now be oatmeal and/or greek yogurt with some goji berries, hemp seeds, maybe honey; avocado toast cuz I wanna be an Aspenite

Fruits and/or walnuts as snacks

Not sure if legit or not but was informed that French press coffee increases cholesterol as well; drink a giant pot every day so cutting that off too and switching to teas.

My Ride
    ute

Quinoa goes into me slowly, travels through my GI tract for a short period of time, and exits me at a significantly higher velocity.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Ha that's me after a 5cup pot of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quinoa goes into me slowly, travels through my GI tract for a short period of time, and exits me at a significantly higher velocity.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. Have to lower my cholesterol levels so I've been limiting my eggs intake (used to eat at least 2 a day) and red meats; switching it up to chicken and fish. Avoiding shellfish altogether as well. Quinoa as the carb part.

My breakfast will now be oatmeal and/or greek yogurt with some goji berries, hemp seeds, maybe honey; avocado toast cuz I wanna be an Aspenite

Fruits and/or walnuts as snacks

Not sure if legit or not but was informed that French press coffee increases cholesterol as well; drink a giant pot every day so cutting that off too and switching to teas.
    Man people need to start educating themselves on cholesterol... it sounds like you're cutting out all the nutritional powerhouses from your diet. The micronutrients found in red meat, eggs, and shellfish just dwarf fish and chicken in particular.

It used to be 'fringe' nutritionists saying dietary cholesterol didnt matter, but hell, its even on healthline now. A shitload of cited sources too.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...od-cholesterol (URL embed wasnt working)

Cut out trans fat and highly processed carbs, and you've done all you can. Again, unless your family has a serious heart disease history in which case you're toast.

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Man people need to start educating themselves on cholesterol... it sounds like you're cutting out all the nutritional powerhouses from your diet. The micronutrients found in red meat, eggs, and shellfish just dwarf fish and chicken in particular.

It used to be 'fringe' nutritionists saying dietary cholesterol didnt matter, but hell, its even on healthline now. A shitload of cited sources too.

Cut out trans fat and highly processed carbs, and you've done all you can. Again, unless your family has a serious heart disease history in which case you're toast.
    How your body handles cholesterol is almost 100% genetic. If you have high cholesterol you have little choice but to reduce some of the high cholesterol food items as your body will simply plop it into your bloodstream. For even those people usually all they have to do is eat more oatmeal and lower their saturated fat intake some.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So what you are saying… is eat more bbq
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I've been restricting my calories since May 16th. I'm targeting 1800 but actually coming in closer to 1500 most days. Activity level is up. Both are at perfectly sustainable levels. I'm enjoying the food quantity actually.

Down about 7 lbs
    Fucking A.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    So what you are saying… is eat more bbq
    That's never a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I find it harder to eat well after the intense workouts that burn like 700+ calories/hr. That's when I find that I'm trying to eat whatever I can get my hands on or risk stalling my metabolism.
    Exercise is a natural appetite suppressant.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

So is meth!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    So is meth!
    confirmed.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yeah, not disputing the health benefits as well @riander5 but in this case, my cholesterol is too high for my age despite everything else being fine (BP is optimal, no issues with glucose) so I have to reduce the things that I eat regularly that are typically associated with increased cholesterol levels.

I have another blood chemistry scheduled in a couple of months to see if my methods are working to complement my exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    How your body handles cholesterol is almost 100% genetic. If you have high cholesterol you have little choice but to reduce some of the high cholesterol food items as your body will simply plop it into your bloodstream. For even those people usually all they have to do is eat more oatmeal and lower their saturated fat intake some.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Cholesterol very well has to do with genetics. My last 2 tests showed high numbers and my doctor was ready to put me on meds. I said lets give it another shot with better eating and more exercise. I, like many of you do not eat badly. Cutting down on sugar, processed food. We don't eat much dairy in the house either. Now LDL and Triglyceride is another story. We will see what the next test shows.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My doctor has concerns about my cholesterol. With lots of lab work to back it up. That’s good enough for me to work on it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Soluble fiber. Eat it.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post

Your not wrong. Not having enough good cholesterol (hdl) can cause heart disease and a lot of serious health issues.

In most cases though this is not the issue and high cholesterol should not be ignored. Being high in non hdl and ldl is caused primarily by bad diet choices not genetics. EDIT: IF it is genetics you should seek treatment. Its important to keep saturated and trans fats low while still getting enough nutrients to keep your HDL in a normal range. You can still raise your ldl and non HDL by over consuming good sources. Balance is key.

Also that article makes good points but if you scroll down to the next article it literally says "10 Tips to Lower Cholesterol With Your Diet" lol
    Last edited by scboss; 05-27-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Your not wrong. Not having enough good cholesterol (hdl) can cause heart disease and a lot of serious health issues.

In most cases though this is not the issue and high cholesterol should not be ignored. Being high in non hdl and ldl is caused primarily by bad diet choices not genetics. EDIT: IF it is genetics you should seek treatment. Its important to keep saturated and trans fats low while still getting enough nutrients to keep your HDL in a normal range. You can still raise your ldl and non HDL by over consuming good sources. Balance is key.

Also that article makes good points but if you scroll down to the next article it literally says "10 Tips to Lower Cholesterol With Your Diet" lol
    Yea like i said, if you arent eating processed meats, and processed shitty carbs, cutting out healthy options like eggs, red meat, and other higher saturated fat foods to arbitrarily lower your LDL cholesterol that can literally fluctuate with the meals you eat is pretty useless.

The science i've read is mostly around LDL particle size being the actualy number to track, but of course our cholesterol testing doesn't get that specific and just labels all LDL as bad.

As with all health related matters, some people can eat the standard american diet, smoke, and live to 90. Others will be healthy and die at 60. All you can do is stack the deck as best you can... that being said if all you guys want to cut out red meat then great.. maybe I can get mine for cheaper!

My Ride
    Exploded.

@Buster

90 day update: since I removed red meat, rice, and pork from my diet, I resorted to just chicken, salmon, greens, lentils, quinoa, and steel cut oats every morning. My “ Cholesterol In LDL; Calculated” went from 5.xx to 3.8 mmol/L

Still a bit high as 3-3.4 is ideal so I have another 3 months to bring it down further. How’s your progress?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Steel cut oats are boss.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    @Buster

90 day update: since I removed red meat, rice, and pork from my diet, I resorted to just chicken, salmon, greens, lentils, quinoa, and steel cut oats every morning. My “ Cholesterol In LDL; Calculated” went from 5.xx to 3.8 mmol/L

Still a bit high as 3-3.4 is ideal so I have another 3 months to bring it down further. How’s your progress?
    I lost some fat... Then reclaimed it. Current status:. Fat.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast