Quantcast
Concrete Lifting/Mudjacking Company Recommendations? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Concrete Lifting/Mudjacking Company Recommendations?

Default Concrete Lifting/Mudjacking Company Recommendations?

Anyone here have experience with Concrete Lifting/Mudjacking companies in Calgary? One end of my driveway is sagging quite a bit so looking to get a quote to fix it.

TIA.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I used a concrete lifting company to slightly lift some of my concrete but more so they could fill a massive void under my driveway (with expanding foam) as I had a village of voles under there that had set up shop.

I used a place called Artisan Concrete. Owners name is Carlito and he was great to deal with. Actual cost came in very very close to the initial estimate. It's a bit of a crap shoot with the estimate and actual costs as you never know how much foam you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used a concrete lifting company to slightly lift some of my concrete but more so they could fill a massive void under my driveway (with expanding foam) as I had a village of voles under there that had set up shop.

I used a place called Artisan Concrete. Owners name is Carlito and he was great to deal with. Actual cost came in very very close to the initial estimate. It's a bit of a crap shoot with the estimate and actual costs as you never know how much foam you will need.
    What was your final cost?

We had our back patio mud jacked, it was done under warranty but the crew who did it said it would cost the builder around $2K. The cavity underneath was massive, 2-3 feet in some places, so I am not sure if that affected the cost. They used the type of "mud" that is kind of like grout, at least that's how they explained it to me. My neighbor had the exact same thing done (fill a huge cavity so he could put a hot tub down safely) but they used foam instead and it was much cheaper at $800.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    We had our back patio mud jacked, it was done under warranty but the crew who did it said it would cost the builder around $2K. The cavity underneath was massive, 2-3 feet in some places, so I am not sure if that affected the cost. They used the type of "mud" that is kind of like grout, at least that's how they explained it to me. My neighbor had the exact same thing done (fill a huge cavity so he could put a hot tub down safely) but they used foam instead and it was much cheaper at $800.
    Do you remember which company? I was hoping mine won’t be $2k (I think I want mud vs foam) but I guess I’ll get quotes and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Do you remember which company? I was hoping mine won’t be $2k (I think I want mud vs foam) but I guess I’ll get quotes and see how it goes
    I'm sorry I don't know who did it, because it was a warranty job the builder took care of everything. Their truck was in the alley and they ran a hose through my garage to pump the 'mud' into holes they drilled in my patio slab. If you don't have a 2-3 foot deep cavity to fill I imagine it would be cheaper than mine, but that's just a guess.

Foam seems to be at least half the price but I don't know enough about it regarding driveway use. It was good enough for my neighbor's hot tub to sit on top of though.

My Ride
    dad van

Check out polyboss.ca I used to work for them. They do foam slab-jacking.

The only issue I have seen with Driveway's is they can sometimes have massive voids that you don't see right away that can eat a lot of material.

In regards to mudjacking VS foam. Mudjacking is going to leave a larger hole to be patched just due to the size required to pump the grout in. You are also adding a lot of weight with mudjacking so if the base is iffy(which if it has sunk is likely the case) you are adding more weight to it vs foam. However once you get over minimum charges for large voids mudjacking can be cheaper.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    What was your final cost?
    roughly 1k

My Ride
    Car

Beyondfoam did mine. Was only $600-700 for mine

My Ride
    ute

bump, I've got a 24-30" and maybe 8 foot long void that is probably from rainwater erosion under a corner of my driveway. Only about 3-4 inches deep, and accessible from the side. Can the foam guys just inject in the side if they have access like that?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    bump, I've got a 24-30" and maybe 8 foot long void that is probably from rainwater erosion under a corner of my driveway. Only about 3-4 inches deep, and accessible from the side. Can the foam guys just inject in the side if they have access like that?
    I suspect that yes they can.
    I used Ener-Spray and was very happy with them, although it wasn't for mud jacking, just wall insulation. I'd still call them first.

I would give Concrete Experts a call to take a look. I had a few people over for quotes and they seemed the most professional. I didn’t end up going ahead with my project as it didn’t feel worth $2100 to me for my situation. Decided to put that towards a garage heater instead which I think I’d actually appreciate more.

Also I assume you want them to go from the side because you have a nice aggregate driveway? Found this on one of their google reviews, the hole from the top gets patched pretty nicely:
    Name:  8CE4312A-9076-4339-A433-39E6C09065E7.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  912.9 KB

My Ride
    V167

^good to know. Thanks for posting that. I may need to do the same in future and was worried re the hole.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I would give Concrete Experts a call to take a look. I had a few people over for quotes and they seemed the most professional. I didn’t end up going ahead with my project as it didn’t feel worth $2100 to me for my situation. Decided to put that towards a garage heater instead which I think I’d actually appreciate more.
    You'll start to opposite-of-appreciate your driveway in a big hurry if it turns into a mess like Killramos had. I hope your gamble pays off.

My Ride
    POS

I just got a 3'x20' sagging walkway and a portion of my driveway foam jacked about 2-3 inches by Beyond Lifting. I don't have fancy aggregate so the hole patches are pretty noticeable. They were 1 of 3 quotes we got ($700, $1100, $2300) and they were the middle one and we went with them cause they just seemed more knowledgeable and professional. The most expensive one seemed like a used car salesman and wanted to come the next day to do it whereas Beyond lifting we had to schedule a few weeks out. I'm happy with the results and they injected through the top of the concrete even though the sides were accessible but I also didn't ask about doing it from the side so not sure if they can or not.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You'll start to opposite-of-appreciate your driveway in a big hurry if it turns into a mess like Killramos had. I hope your gamble pays off.
    It’s a cross I have to bear every day… though my hack patch job helped a ton.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Yours needs to be ripped and out and repoured.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by gcoap View Post
    Check out polyboss.ca I used to work for them. They do foam slab-jacking.

The only issue I have seen with Driveway's is they can sometimes have massive voids that you don't see right away that can eat a lot of material.

In regards to mudjacking VS foam. Mudjacking is going to leave a larger hole to be patched just due to the size required to pump the grout in. You are also adding a lot of weight with mudjacking so if the base is iffy(which if it has sunk is likely the case) you are adding more weight to it vs foam. However once you get over minimum charges for large voids mudjacking can be cheaper.
    I used these guys. Happy with the work.