Quantcast
Any Beyonders with a Toyota connection? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Beyonders with a Toyota connection?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default Any Beyonders with a Toyota connection?

Wife and I are looking to pick up a 2021 RAV4 Limited in the next month or so.

I know there's not a lot of profit margin on new vehicles and already ran a report on Car Cost Canada.

Just wondering if there's any Beyonders who can hook me up with a no-hassle deal before I start poorly constructing my own and emailing the various dealerships around town.

Thanks gang!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Subscribed. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

No hookups but bought a Toyota and Lexus in the past few years in Edmonton and High River. Don't bother with the Calgary dealerships if you want the best deal.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Subscribed. I think.
    Your too cheap to buy a floor jack… now you going to buy another truck ?

Avoid south pointe and country hills. They both are owned by the same auto group and don’t negotiate anything other than tossing in a few freebies. The in-laws purchased their new Toyota from stampede Toyota in the NE, dealt directly with the sales manager Hieu.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Same. Im looking too. Dont bother with Henniger on Macleod. The experience has not been positive. They have no clue on the specs on their own vehicles. I am not making this up. I researched online and called to double check a colour spec because their advertised vehicle had a colour that was not manufactured. The sales rep did not even know and was reading up on it as she spoke with me. I gave up with them.

Im looking at the new Rav4 XSE Hybrid. Im in contact with Evan at Toyota NorthWest Edmonton. I also popped into Stampede Toyota on Monday. I was only there briefly after I had picked up my car from my mechanic.

I have noticed the sales reps are all pushy to know what my trade in is. They are super keen to take it. I keep telling them straight faced.. 'I don't have one'. But they wont stop! Then I told the current guy 'I REALLY don't have one.. its fine honestly'. He kept pushing enthusiastically all slapstick, hahaha and jovial.. it was like what I was telling him was impossible to his ears.
    I was thinking.. the poor bugger does not know what he is letting himself in for. So I was like 'fine...' I told him 'its a 2002 CRV with 407,000km'.
    He paused and went wide eyed for a second. At that precise moment the whole dealership went silent. You could actually see the blood draining from his face. It was the kind of expression when a victim sees Dracula for the first time (& last). Oh the HORROR.
    Then his face changed to a look of confusion, then bewilderment. Like he almost stuttered his next words. Then he was adamant like 'yeah its ok they can still do a deal'. I was like really.. I told him 'its got the engine light on for the past four years'. Then he went into the self denial phase.. you know.. like its still worth something. At that point I know he was talking bullshit.. you could see it in his eyes as he fumbled about his desk pretending to try and find a pen. Then the realization phase kicked in. It was hard. I actually almost felt sorry for him. But he brought it upon himself. What could I do? The realization was was the sudden shock of coming to terms with the fact that I drove a complete worthless heap of SHIT. But he was too far in the convo to pull out. He had showed his hand. It hit him harder than Covid 19. He had been robbed of his joy. All this happened within a few moments. I sat there quietly..I was looking all innocent and sheepish. I admit..it was glorious to watch. All his different facial expressions and emotions in those few moments. If it was a movie, it would truly be worthy of a Oscar. Sir Alec Guinness would have been proud.
    His enthusiastic drive to take my trade in was quietly dropped.

@rx7boi Let us know what numbers you get. I would be interested to know how your deal is structured.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

X3, curious your OTD price on a new Limited. My Mom and FiL are looking.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rav4 is good. Rav4 Prime is better.
    Honda has good stuff too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    This, except he doesn't visit Beyond anymore. Email him directly at [email protected].

When I was shopping for a new vehicle, I reached out to him and it was a very pleasant experience. There was no bullshitting around as you would expect from his VW days. He was even working and responding to my emails while he was on his vacation. I ended up not getting the car cause it was pretty fucking boring test drive, but if I were in the market for a Toyota I'd go straight to him and wouldn't think twice.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This, except he doesn't visit Beyond anymore. Email him directly at [email protected].

When I was shopping for a new vehicle, I reached out to him and it was a very pleasant experience. There was no bullshitting around as you would expect from his VW days. He was even working and responding to my emails while he was on his vacation. I ended up not getting the car cause it was pretty fucking boring test drive, but if I were in the market for a Toyota I'd go straight to him and wouldn't think twice.
    He was great to deal with a few years back when I picked up a Jetta from him at Gary Moe, painless no bs experience, if I was looking for a new Toyota I'd go to him too.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

So, just to put some numbers on the table, Car Cost Canada shows that the 2021 RAV4 Limited AWD has an MSRP of $43,650 and the Invoice Price is $40,694.

Only finance/lease incentives are available, so apart from adding a % on top of invoice, it basically leaves accessories and service add-ons.

I think they have the flexibility to squeeze in free oil changes (for them, it's tech hourly wage + cost of oil x 2 oil changes a year), floor mats, and maybe a deal on a set of studded winters. I don't see a whole lot of margin to play with.

The breakdown looks like this to me:

$41,500 + shit like freight + tax + tires.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I am just genuinely curious even if it is somewhat off-topic and since you already made your decision.

What makes you choose the RAV4 over say, the CR-V? Or others in its class?
    RAV4 was soooo boring when I drove it. And everything was so basic inside, even the Limited. Good for maybe 60 year old+ people...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I am just genuinely curious even if it is somewhat off-topic and since you already made your decision.

RAV4 was soooo boring when I drove it. And everything was so basic inside, even the Limited. Good for maybe 60 year old+ people...
    Usually resale value is only reason to pick the RAV4... and support of CDN manufacturing.

As for deals, not sure as RAV4 has been hot since this new release and the COVID shutdown of suppliers to Cambridge doesn't really help stock.

It's not going to be pretty trying to pick one up right now.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post

We test drove the CRV last year, but liked the aesthetic of the RAV4.

The CRV's recent model years were also plagued by heating issues and I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet.

If you ask me, I would consider an NX300 F-Sport but the wife doesn't want to spend that much and wants to stick with a familiar brand/model.

Helpful thread as I'm looking at a new Toyota as well. With the high demand and low supplies for these vehicles, can one still get it for $500-$1000 over invoice? I see many dealerships are being sneaky on presenting a higher MSRP and additional BS fees to compensate.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Man, I have no idea, hence reaching out to Beyond lol.

@gpomp and @D'z Nutz , thanks for the contact. I'll email Ryan and see what he has to say.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    We test drove the CRV last year, but liked the aesthetic of the RAV4.

The CRV's recent model years were also plagued by heating issues and I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet.

If you ask me, I would consider an NX300 F-Sport but the wife doesn't want to spend that much and wants to stick with a familiar brand/model.
    Would you not consider the hybrid for that price..? Just curious.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Definitely safe choice of the bunch instead dealing with a bunch of "I told you so" down the road.

New Tucson looks baller but since the Koreans had been having so much problems the the 4 bangers, it's a risky bet.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-19-2021 at 01:06 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Would you not consider the hybrid for that price..? Just curious.
    I'd consider the RAV4 Hybrid but at that price, I'd personally make the step into a luxury brand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast