Quantcast
Canada Greener Homes Grant - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Canada Greener Homes Grant

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Anyone heard back about this? I filled out the form and then nada
    Nolan

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,016
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Not a word, which isn't surprising considering there's only around 8 companies for all of Calgary.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    '05 Cororra, '16 Rex, '21 F-150
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Nope, didn't hear back about this. I thought I read on Reddit that one of the companies straight up is just ignoring requests to come do this.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,977
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I'm doing new windows shortly, and was thinking about getting my $5k. Has anyone seen anything new?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Down by the River
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm doing new windows shortly, and was thinking about getting my $5k. Has anyone seen anything new?
    SUb’d for this answer. We had two windows crack lately. Thought it was hail, but I think it’s the house settling (built in 2000 so weird). Kicking around replacing all windows

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    R50
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Received an automated confirmation when I signed my folks up back in late May. Not a peep from the program nor the evaluation contractors since.

    Alberta's Energy Efficiency program set the bar pretty low last time, but at least they still us an evaluation date even if it's months down the road. This one flat out ghosts you.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,016
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Received an automated confirmation when I signed my folks up back in late May. Not a peep from the program nor the evaluation contractors since.
    Same. Joke of a program. Wouldn't surprise me if somehow the inspection company is getting funding from the government for doing nothing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    They're all still fixing stuff in the NE.

    Literally the only way I was able to get my window fixed in a timely manner was the guy was able to get to my house from his house along the way to a big job in the NE.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    '05 Cororra, '16 Rex, '21 F-150
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Got an email from the program overnight, looks like whatever assessment company I had initially picked pulled out of the program and now I have to pick another one.
    Too bad that the government took so damn long that I decided to just do my project without the funds...have to figure out how to cancel my application now.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,977
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got an email from the program overnight, looks like whatever assessment company I had initially picked pulled out of the program and now I have to pick another one.
    Too bad that the government took so damn long that I decided to just do my project without the funds...have to figure out how to cancel my application now.
    i got the same email.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,016
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    My windows are being installed in 3 weeks, so I hope someone comes to evaluate our house before then, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Same for me as well. Had to pick a new company. Anyone remember who was on the original list? Wondering if any of these are new companies and maybe won't have as big of backlog
    Nolan

  13. #53
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,016
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    I signed up with EnerSolution. So don't pick them if you are expecting a quicker response


    Edit: the original list

    Enervision

    4 Elements Integrated Design ltd

    3D energy limited

    Acacia engineering ltd

    Verdatech Energy Management And Consulting Inc

    CoEfficient Buiding Science

    MAP Energy Inc

    Amerispec of Canada

    EnerSolution Inc

    DW Energy advisors
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 07-29-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Well I just resubmitted with A,eriSpec. Will post any updates
    Nolan

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,035
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    This feels like an excellent opportunity for someone to build a company up. The demand is there and you can get some free funding from government to get trained up. Shit if I was unemployed and was looking for something new I’d be totally be looking into it.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This feels like an excellent opportunity for someone to build a company up. The demand is there and you can get some free funding from government to get trained up. Shit if I was unemployed and was looking for something new Id be totally be looking into it.
    The Alberta one was staffed almost entirely with Ontario people from when their Socialist Utopia was in power. Auntie Rachel relied on their expertise, for some reason, instead of finding a way to hire Albertans.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got an email from the program overnight, looks like whatever assessment company I had initially picked pulled out of the program and now I have to pick another one.
    Too bad that the government took so damn long that I decided to just do my project without the funds...have to figure out how to cancel my application now.
    Can you imagine a program being so poorly run that a company would turn down a whole bunch of free government money?

    Radio silence since May for me.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,383
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    So really, another brilliant initiative that appears partially thought through and really only improves optics for the Liberals. And ultimately, one that cannot be realistically implemented.

    Wait... what's that smell? Smells like... and election is coming with an attempt to secure a majority, you say?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,016
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Does it improve optics? Anyone trying to get this shit done probably sees it the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,383
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it improve optics? Anyone trying to get this shit done probably sees it the opposite.
    True - though I'm going to guess that if you take the voting public, only a small fraction even knows this exists. If it wasn't posted here, I'd have no idea.

    But you can guarantee it will be mentioned during an election push.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shane Homes vs Cedarglen Homes

    By nj2Type-S in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 41
    Latest Threads: 10-17-2014, 11:54 PM
  2. Homes by Avi, Stepper Homes or Excel Homes?

    By Alberto in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 07-17-2014, 09:22 PM
  3. Sabal Homes vs. Discovery Homes

    By EG STyLeZ in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 06-07-2013, 08:22 PM
  4. Shane Homes acquires Beattie Homes Calgary

    By JudasJimmy in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
  5. Do Not Buy Any Homes From Parkgreen Homes Ltd.

    By leec001 in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 44
    Latest Threads: 09-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •