Quantcast
215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who was in school in the 90s-early 2000s and was taught that residential schools were 1) a thing and 2) really awful and many children died? Because I remember hearing about them a lot in Social Studies.
    I remember it was in my textbooks for sure

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People are surprised that the average Canadian didn’t tune out during the “remember the dead natives” class?

You guys are aware of how many Canadians don’t grasp basic math right? Let alone abstract guilt trip Canadian history lessons.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by 3drian View Post
    This really blew my mind.
    Also I cant help but to be ashamed of myself. I have been in this country for 15 years and I am just learning about residential schools and the history behind it, I honestly had to clue what a residential school even was.
    I asked my mother in law who is a retired teacher about it, and just the way she calmly explained everything got me a bit uncomfortable. Like are you listening to what you are saying? it sounds so screwed up.
    How else is someone supposed to explain something? Does the explanation become clearer when someone is emotionally distraught as they deliver it?

Am I the only one who was in school in the 90s-early 2000s and was taught that residential schools were 1) a thing and 2) really awful and many children died? Because I remember hearing about them a lot in Social Studies.
    I was in highschool from 96-00, and can't say I remember learning about it in school at all. Although I paid very little attention in SS and did the bare minimum to pass that useless class. However I do remember learning about Russia and the way they tried to paint Lenin as the some sort of savior to the country with his tyrannical BS. So the stuff is rattling around in there somewhere, I feel like I'd remember the residential school thing if they taught us about it. I learned about that on my own outside of school.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah, I remember learning about it too. It's surprising that so many people were oblivious about residential schools.

You guys do realize school curriculum varies greatly throughout the country, right? Growing up in NL, these schools didn't exist, and weren't mentioned at any level of schooling (maybe in some post-secondary courses, but not for myself). Our indigenous studies were essentially how we wiped out the Beothuks.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-31-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Where was that thread with 5 of 6 users discussing residential schools and how awesome they were??

How will they spin this into their residential schools were awesome narrative.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I quickly heard something about schools being renamed about this but didn’t catch the whole thing. Anyone know what’s that about?

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Where was that thread with 5 of 6 users discussing residential schools and how awesome they were??

There wasn't one. But I assume your delusional ass is referring to the thread where you kept spinning everyones words to justify your ideas to hand over all our tax dollars to the indians.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    You guys do realize school curriculum varies greatly throughout the country, right? Growing up in NL, these schools didn't exist, and weren't mentioned at any level of schooling (maybe in some post-secondary courses, but not for myself). Our indigenous studies were essentially how we wiped out the Beothuks.
    I was in Alberta personally, and FWIW we absolutely covered the Beothuks in detail as well.

My Ride
    Edge

I don’t remember learning about residential schools in high school; it really doesn’t ring a bell. Of course, I have heard about them over the years. What blew me away though, was learning a year or two ago at uni that the last residential school closed in 1994 or 1995. That is after I graduated high school and here I had been thinking they ended in the 50s or 60s.

Should never have started in the first place, but how they went for so long is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    I don’t remember learning about residential schools in high school; it really doesn’t ring a bell. Of course, I have heard about them over the years. What blew me away though, was learning a year or two ago at uni that the last residential school closed in 1994 or 1995. That is after I graduated high school and here I had been thinking they ended in the 50s or 60s.

Should never have started in the first place, but how they went for so long is nuts.
    I don't know by any means. But one would think that they weren't mass graving kids in the 90's. I would think they were a much different place at that time and more reflective of their original intention.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post

If memory serves, the last one closed in the 90’s but the functionality as what we know them as faded out in the 70’s (please correct if wrong)
    Last edited by finboy; 06-01-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post

It’s the thread where it’s considered racist to suggest an oppressed group won’t sell their land and give up autonomy for cheap to the government that oppressed them.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    There wasn't one. But I assume your delusional ass is referring to the thread where you kept spinning everyones words to justify your ideas to hand over all our tax dollars to the indians.
    Noble intentions eh

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't know if you're purposely trolling? Or just genuinely ignorant yourself? What is so difficult about understanding the difference between intentions and how that played out in reality? The intentions were obviously noble in some sense to begin with, otherwise the band leaders would not have agreed to it(thanks for the neg rep on that fact btw lol). The bleeding hearts like to jump on this wagon that the entire thing was pure racism from the begging, but they seem to forget that the original colonizers, had they been as racist as people make them out to be, could've easily just ethnically cleansed this country from the get go. You're trying to paint a picture that our ancestors were so racist that death to the Indians was not good enough. We wanted to see them live and suffer, even if it was at great expense to ourselves. That's an extreme level of hate that is hard to fathom.
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/364...53#post4848453
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Yeah, I remember learning about it too. It's surprising that so many people were oblivious about residential schools.
    Thinking back, at my school I'm pretty sure it was in Gr.11 or 12 History, and History was an option for 11/12. So only half the students would have learned it, with even less retaining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bicycle

That school is ran by the Catholics until 1969. Where is the apologies from the church?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That school is ran by the Catholics until 1969. Where is the apologies from the church?
    https://www.facinghistory.org/stolen...ches-apologize

Been there, Done that. What is that? 12 years ago?

Doesn't seem like anyone cared enough to notice. No one really cares about apologies anyway, what they are really after is $$$.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Doesn't seem like anyone cared enough to notice. No one really cares about apologies anyway, what they are really after is $$$.
    Well if there will be a huge expedition of ground radar runs on all schools, Catholic church should at least pay for 1/2 of that bill if not all of it.

They’ll get around to it with all the other atrocities they are covering up, not acknowledging and not apologizing for.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Well if there will be a huge expedition of ground radar runs on all schools, Catholic church should at least pay for 1/2 of that bill if not all of it.
    Catholicism and Islam are the two worst pandemics the world ever faced.

(can't wait to find out how this makes me racist or something now)
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast