Quantcast
215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave.

Buckle up.

This is just the start.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buckle up.

This is just the start.
    Suspect we see minium 5x more of these in the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That’s the nature of looking for something you know is there
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

There are dead people underground.

News at 11.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Are mass graves no big deal?
    Mass graves (multiple bodies dumped/buried in a single grave) are certainly a big deal, but to be clear these are not mass graves. These are many unmarked single graves, whether unmarked due to indifference or with wooden markers lost to the ages we can't say.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Have they even been confirmed as graves or bodies? As far as I’ve seen, it’s all anomalies picked up by GPR that indicate a disturbance in the ground that based on size could be a grave. Questioning the narrative like this would probably qualify as hateful or detestable speech under the new dumpster fire of a bill that just got released
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Have they even been confirmed as graves or bodies? As far as I’ve seen, it’s all anomalies picked up by GPR that indicate a disturbance in the ground that based on size could be a grave. Questioning the narrative like this would probably qualify as hateful or detestable speech under the new dumpster fire of a bill that just got released
    Exhumation would be needed to confirm so they're just guessing based on GPR hits. It's obviously a gravesite, but who/why/how many is unclear. They've known these sites have been there for ages, the big deal is that the unconfirmed GPR data says there may be many more bodies buried than the Church/school records indicate there are. We'll never know for sure unless they start digging and I see that as unlikely unless they start repatriating bodies to the reserves.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Mass graves (multiple bodies dumped/buried in a single grave) are certainly a big deal, but to be clear these are not mass graves. These are many unmarked single graves, whether unmarked due to indifference or with wooden markers lost to the ages we can't say.
    Did not realize that.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So it's not this?
    Name:  Daily-Afternoon-Randomness-Hotness-Humor-Humanity-Funny-Pictures-Awesome-062421-20.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  33.1 KB

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Dude what narrative are you talking about? Would seem pretty fucking stupid to jump the gun about this, particularly because the last news release went global rapidly. I'd much rather assume they have experienced forensic archaeologists examining this data and have significant evidence to suggest they know what they're looking at. But your post is coming across like this was some lackadaisical conclusion of "yeah I guess that's probably what it could be maybe. Report it guys!"

I get that you "want all the facts" but why even bother with this question man. What is there to gain that you're hoping for right now?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Canadians are so naive.

The number of atrocities that have happened in the last 100 years, and we're talking about this like it was Pol Pot, or Mao or Stalin, or General Butt Naked

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I'll rephrase this, would the act be considered a hate crime, by definition. Serious question.
    Depends on the color of the arsonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Canadians are so naive.

The number of atrocities that have happened in the last 100 years, and we're talking about this like it was Pol Pot, or Mao or Stalin, or General Butt Naked
    #Kony2012

My Ride
    4x4

These numbers aren't unknown - look up any of the residential schools - the truth and reconciliation commission posted the numbers from the IA archives... You know the church/government charged/billed and kept records for everything.

https://nctr.ca/memorial/

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/...chool-cemetery
    Son picked St Josephs (dunbow) as a school project - that's ones particularly interesting... I wasn't aware it was that father lacombe (as in the HS) until we did his project. I'm surprised there's not an uproar.

It's a bit confusing though, 73 deaths there, 38(?) buried there. But some listed are after the 1922 closure of the school?

It's hard to make sense of... I've just decided to be outraged - I can't get in trouble for that right?

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Dude what narrative are you talking about? Would seem pretty fucking stupid to jump the gun about this, particularly because the last news release went global rapidly. I'd much rather assume they have experienced forensic archaeologists examining this data and have significant evidence to suggest they know what they're looking at. But your post is coming across like this was some lackadaisical conclusion of "yeah I guess that's probably what it could be maybe. Report it guys!"

I get that you "want all the facts" but why even bother with this question man. What is there to gain that you're hoping for right now?
    Why even bother with the question? Are you for real? its exactly why this news should be verified before these sensationalist headlines go around the world. The natives have gotten very good in the PR arena/ gov't negotiations in recent years, whether its with fishing rights, or pipeline negotiations, bad water media. etc They get their story out there and are getting more and more of their requests/demands met as public sympathy grows - even if half of the story is only told.

-Its known the schools were bad news, no doubt about it
    -But the natives are the ones providing the numbers, and even running the machine from what I've seen in clips
    -They don't need to allow digging in spiritual areas and even if they did they only need to dig up one and then say they have hundreds more just like it
    - Good timing since they have a weak leader in place that wants to be seen as doing right with the natives - that hasn't lived up to his commitments to them so far

Imagine *gasp* wanting big news stories verified.

And this is the type of image the machine provides - exactly why I question to what extent have they confirmed/compared against the markings on the screen being actual remains - pretty fair question I feel.

Name:  Noggin-GPR-case-study-detecting-voids-GPR-image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  44.7 KB

Given the population of Canada at the time per capita, its a bad ratio.

Sure, if you had every headmistress in every school in Asia going postal - they probably wouldn't have a ground penetrating radar powerful enough to count.

I can imagine the Catholic schools are drafting up something to the order of "they might have all had some form of disease which made them land crazy, and Tonya Harding to the upside of the head of all the kids - and wasn't their fault".

Always suspected the principals here were a little whackd, even in elementary. Stupendous amount of favour for Rob Anders, although I can imagine it might have been him simply spreading lies (like all successful politicians are borne from)

As a side note: Found it very strange that they taught "Aztec culture" in fifth grade. They depicted the native South Americans as cultists who would eat the hearts of their victims on sacrifice to the sun gods. Yeah, uhh... Exactly why is this a thing at my age? Worship the sun, its what gives us -35 to 35 celsius every year. Can I sue my elementary school for racist xenophobic PTSD?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-25-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Interesting to see so many people try to disprove or discredit the dead kids at residential schools. How many new theories will we see to discredit what's being shared? 700+ kids buried In a residential school and it comes down to bad science, disease or fake news from the media.

Or you know it's actually true.. hmm.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Interesting to see so many people try to disprove or discredit the dead kids at residential schools. How many new theories will we see to discredit what's being shared? 700+ kids buried In a residential school and it comes down to bad science, disease or fake news from the media.

Or you know it's actually true.. hmm.
    So, if the atrocities are true, then what? Just give more money to the relatives of the dead and some half-hearted apology from Trudeau? Will that fix everything? What's the end goal here? What happened to those kids is terrible, but so are a lot of things that have happened throughout Canadian history.

It's funny, some of the most outraged, are the same people who are trying to pretend like history didn't happen. Wipe anything horrible from the history books, that'll fix it!

Instead, let's learn from our mistakes, and be better in the future. Renaming some school or tearing down a monument doesn't do shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Same end goal as always. More money.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast