Quantcast
215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave. - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't about them necessarily being helpless, or whether they should now be able to stand on their own two feet. That's an entirely different conversation with a lot to be said on both sides, and I imagine our viewpoints would be more in sync than you'd initially think. We're simply talking about the pervasive evil that occurred throughout the residential school system, and if the Catholic church is *truly* sorry today for what they did, to actually make a monetary donation sizable enough to actually make a difference rather than just a token. In my mind, Canada has taken ownership for our part in what I believe is over 2 billion of reparations. Now THAT is significant.
    Taking advantage of a system where cash payouts is ultimately the end result is not necessarily the problem, the problem is the system. If you give a mouse a cookie, its going to want a glass of milk.

imagine if the govt just did the right thing and took care of its responsibilities. They spend more time denying their responsibilities then dealing with them. The more they do this the more they'll be liable for.

Not that anyone cares but whe the govt cares they close down lawsuits pretty quick. Case In point the rcmp class action sex discrimination set aside 100million and took 4 years.

60s scoop law suits started as early as 2009. When finally settled 8 or 9 years later they set aside 50m.

Guess the govt puts a higher value on some discrimation vs taking your kids away the second their Born just because they were aboriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Where did the natives get their water before they were colonized?

First nations are leading a 2030 Olympic bid in Vancouver at a cost of $3.5-$4 Billion. That buys a lot of fresh water. I'm sick of this "do more for native communities" horseshit. They need to do something for themselves, playing the victim card forever will just lead to more suffering. No more money.
    To answer your first question, they used to live near water sources, until the British pushed them out to remote areas.

Second question, the FN in the Vancouver area have $$...but why should they pay for fresh water for places in Ontario? The same logic is used when Albertans complain about transfer payments to...well anywhere else in Canada.

You are right about the money thing though...it doesn't solve any problems. Many Indigenous people just want respect and to be treated equally, that's all.....you can't deny that Indigenous get treated like shit everywhere they go, they are viewed as the absolutely lowest in society...that needs to change. Immigrants and newcomers to Canada need to be taught about them and old racist folks need to change their views.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Yes, paying is the answer.
    No one has tried that before.
    I've got no problem with the church paying out. And it's not like every dollar of it wouldn't be pounded straight back into the economy immediately.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Paying to have fresh water provided would be a good start.
    This tired old argument needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    imagine if the govt just did the right thing and took care of its responsibilities.

The responsibility of government according to the treaties, is to give them land and leave them the fuck alone. It actually seems like the government is doing far more than they are responsible for.

Now if they could hold their "leaders" on reserves accountable......................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post

You are right about the money thing though...it doesn't solve any problems. Many Indigenous people just want respect and to be treated equally, .
    This just isn't really accurate. The ones that want equal treatment/opportunities simply leave the reserve and join society. And they have no issues doing that. Ironically when they do, it's their own people that treat them poorly and reject them.
    Last edited by Misterman; 07-28-2022 at 08:44 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

The responsibility of government according to the treaties, is to give them land and leave them the fuck alone. It actually seems like the government is doing far more than they are responsible for.

Now if they could hold their "leaders" on reserves accountable......................

This just isn't really accurate. The ones that want equal treatment/opportunities simply leave the reserve and join society. And they have no issues doing that. Ironically when they do, it's their own people that treat them poorly and reject them.
    "But segregation is good"

-kert

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Im so glad we have an expert around as i Have to say most treaties are quite confusing.

Which specific treaty references what you speak of? I'd love to read up on it.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    you can't deny that Indigenous get treated like shit everywhere they go, they are viewed as the absolutely lowest in society...that needs to change. Immigrants and newcomers to Canada need to be taught about them and old racist folks need to change their views.
    "that needs to change". What needs to change is the endless billions from government without so much as a receipt or audit of where that money is going. There is zero accountability. All Canadians should be treated the same, period. The Indian Act should be taken out of the Constitution and indigenous should work, pay taxes and die like the rest of us. Burn the status cards and special racist privileges, put all Canadians under the umbrella of the Canadian Charter of Rights so we have equal treatment.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Don’t you know treating people different based on the color of their skin is a good thing

-also kert
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

Anyone else read Rez Rules by Clarance Louie of the osoyoos band? I thought it was pretty interesting and you can't deny the guys success.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    "But segregation is good"

-kert
    Go on.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Anyone else read Rez Rules by Clarance Louie of the osoyoos band? I thought it was pretty interesting and you can't deny the guys success.
    Clearly white privilege.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

Is he the guy that's been rolling around the Okanagan in Maybach 62S' and Phantoms for the last 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    "that needs to change". What needs to change is the endless billions from government without so much as a receipt or audit of where that money is going. There is zero accountability. All Canadians should be treated the same, period. The Indian Act should be taken out of the Constitution and indigenous should work, pay taxes and die like the rest of us. Burn the status cards and special racist privileges, put all Canadians under the umbrella of the Canadian Charter of Rights so we have equal treatment.
    the pbo office has recently released a statement saying the money going to first nations is the highest its ever been but its not getting into the hands of the bands. The money is being lost on govt departments as opposed to the reserves or the people who can make the changed needed.

The accountability your looking for needs to start with the govt. Then the reserves. The govt doesn't want to audit itself as they are the bigger cause of needless billions being wasted

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The bands or the band MEMBERS? If it wasn’t racist to do an audit, I’d bet the results would be VERY, VERY telling on how government transfers to bands are handled
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So let’s get rid of the federal government. And the bands.

Problem solved.

Also. For all involved, government and natives alike.

Name:  D3658A8E-AAF4-4402-AF9F-FA8BF59CBFDE.jpeg
Views: 410
Size:  38.8 KB
    Last edited by killramos; 07-29-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Hey misterman can you share the Treaty that specifies the information you mentioned? I'd love to get caught up on the specifics you shared.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    The bands or the band MEMBERS? If it wasn’t racist to do an audit, I’d bet the results would be VERY, VERY telling on how government transfers to bands are handled
    If only those racist white Conservatives hadn't cancelled financial oversight for those Aboriginals to see where their(our) money was actually going............. oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Hey misterman can you share the Treaty that specifies the information you mentioned? I'd love to get caught up on the specifics you shared.
    I think it's right below the section you always reference that says all white people are devils and responsible for every plight and burden of the Natives forever until the end of time.

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm sorry... Did a bunch of people (fucking everyone) go ahead and "trust the science" on this one?
    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...nations-graves

They be digging holes. They be finding zero bodies. Did we run flags at half mast for something exceeding 6 months because of this?!

The entire "Truth and Reconciliation" initiative is the biggest farce in Canadian governmental history. There's plenty of Reconciliation, but there's a real shortage of Truth.

And it hurts me to say that. I had a really rough upbringing with clashing indigenous cultures in my area and I got treated extremely unfairly which has made me a very bitter person when it comes to folks from that ethnic group because I got the shit beat out of me on the daily in a government-sanctioned forum with zero consequences for those who did the bullying, because skin colour for a few crucial years, and that has unfortunately tainted my objectivity. I can still recognize that Indigenous people have had a history of poor treatment and very often get a shitty deal, even today.

But, Holy Fuck - why was anyone who questioned some of this fed to the wolves when it seemed like a typical, highly suspect CBC story??!
    White humans are not better or worse than red humans. We are all subject to greed and sloth and etc.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Facts are irrelevant, only feelies matter.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast