Quantcast
Origins of the coronavirus - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Where did the coronavirus come from?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoonotic (natural from animals)

25 17.12%
  • Lab Leak

115 78.77%
  • Other

6 4.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins of the coronavirus

My Ride
    ute

People vastly over-rate china's capability, especially long term.

You can grow to a certain size quickly by being a piece of shit country. But to take the next step you eventually you need to do things that China both culturally and politically has never done in about 5000 years. They have a very nasty demographics problem on the horizon, they share too many borders and are too exposed to overall geopolitical shifts, along with a number of other problems.

Over a few decades of American hegemony, the Americans exported a lot of shit (conflict, destabilization in central america and the middle east, etc). But they also exported a lot of beneficial things (democracy, technology, a preference for freedom, alliances with democratic countries and efforts, etc).

What does China have to offer the world other than material things? Freedom? A fair and just political system? Democracy? Benefits for the average person?

Does anyone want anything that china has, other than their willingness to export cheap/slave labour?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Does China even want what China has?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

You can grow to a certain size quickly by being a piece of shit country. But to take the next step you eventually you need to do things that China both culturally and politically has never done in about 5000 years. They have a very nasty demographics problem on the horizon, they share too many borders and are too exposed to overall geopolitical shifts, along with a number of other problems.

Over a few decades of American hegemony, the Americans exported a lot of shit (conflict, destabilization in central america and the middle east, etc). But they also exported a lot of beneficial things (democracy, technology, a preference for freedom, alliances with democratic countries and efforts, etc).

What does China have to offer the world other than material things? Freedom? A fair and just political system? Democracy? Benefits for the average person?

Does anyone want anything that china has, other than their willingness to export cheap/slave labour?
    Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Also, regarding the origins of C19 - almost a year ago the same scientists who are responsible for much of the research into an HIV vaccine, tried ringing the alarm bell that the current Covid 19 virus had been engineered. It's against the laws of physics to have 4 positively charged amino acids in a row, which C19 has. These have a strong positive charge and bind easily to negative human cells. The only way for this to exist, and it does in C19, is for it to be artificially manufactured. The scientists Angus Dalgleish and Birger Sørensen also have tracked published Chinese research which gives incontrovertible proof showing how the Wuhan scientists/labs manufactured the tools and methods to build this virus and to achieve "gain of function", which is just smart person talk for taking a natural virus and monkeying with it to make it more virulent and infectious, in this case in humans. More news and info on this will be breaking pretty big IMO soon, I read this info on at least 1/2 dozen sources today alone.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-29-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I've been sitting here trying to think what credible agency I would believe on this topic if they came out with an authoritative report. And I've failed.

Probably, origin doesn't matter. If it's China there's literally nothing anyone can do, they are the most powerful country in the world right now.
    If it's natural, then, also, nothing you can do.
    This is quite obviously a gain of function virus that came from the lab in China. And with that in mind, there IS something they can do about it. They can stop funding this type of research in China to start, which it appears the US is on board with now. They can put better controls in place with these labs to ensure nothing escapes in the future. If they ever discover that this was some sort of planned attack by China to weaken western economies, then the rest of the world needs to straight up cut China off and bury them with sanctions.

The rest of the left wing world governments want China's control over it's population and economy. And that's enough. China is not emerging as the main world super power because of how great they played the game(although it helps), they are winning because the rest of the western world is laying down and letting them.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This is quite obviously a gain of function virus that came from the lab in China. And with that in mind, there IS something they can do about it. They can stop funding this type of research in China to start, which it appears the US is on board with now. They can put better controls in place with these labs to ensure nothing escapes in the future. If they ever discover that this was some sort of planned attack by China to weaken western economies, then the rest of the world needs to straight up cut China off and bury them with sanctions.
    probably best to stay in your lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Also, regarding the origins of C19 - almost a year ago the same scientists who are responsible for much of the research into an HIV vaccine, tried ringing the alarm bell that the current Covid 19 virus had been engineered. It's against the laws of physics to have 4 positively charged amino acids in a row, which C19 has. These have a strong positive charge and bind easily to negative human cells. The only way for this to exist, and it does in C19, is for it to be artificially manufactured. The scientists Angus Dalgleish and Birger Sørensen also have tracked published Chinese research which gives incontrovertible proof showing how the Wuhan scientists/labs manufactured the tools and methods to build this virus and to achieve "gain of function", which is just smart person talk for taking a natural virus and monkeying with it to make it more virulent and infectious, in this case in humans. More news and info on this will be breaking pretty big IMO soon, I read this info on at least 1/2 dozen sources today alone.
    Somebody needs to explain to you what “laws of physics” means.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Somebody needs to explain to you what “laws of physics” means.
    Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just repeating what's been said, again, in a whole pile of sources today. World renown scientists in virology stated it, not me.

One of several pages of Google search sources I found just now, all with similar quotes.

'The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row. The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it,' Dalgleish told DailyMail.com.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-claims.html

Either way, I'm interested in your explanation as to how physics and the laws governing electrostatics in particular in this case, do or don't apply. Biology/chemistry is not my thing. But I do think that the two aforementioned scientists aren't just talking shit, hence the previous post.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-29-2021 at 08:35 PM.

probably best to stay in your lane.
    There's no wrong lane when you own the highway

If done maliciously there is no doubt its the USA (to me):

Amount of chemical weaponry (Napalm) dropped on Vietnam roughly 300,000 tons. Amount of Agent Orange (chemical) probably in the ten thousand ton range. Amount of landmines placed in Korea, roughly half a million.

Amount of shit that China dropped on the continental USA: Absolutely nothing (Japan did however take out Hawaii)

So goes the theory, it wasn't "dropped" but two ounces or so was hidden in the running shoes of a US army numpty that was visiting the area under the guise of a marathon race. Said numpty had no clue that they were the carrier. This also somewhat assumes that a US general went rogue (improbable, but not impossible). Access to covid virus itself was widespread before the outbreak, with at least 3 gain of function facilities in the US that would have been "researching" it.

But: In the sake of world peace, no matter what is true or not it is probably better to say natural cause. I can imagine the US will try to push "accident" as to gain some sort of financial compensation - although its totally impossible to prove either way.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-31-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Z

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just repeating what's been said, again, in a whole pile of sources today. World renown scientists in virology stated it, not me.

One of several pages of Google search sources I found just now, all with similar quotes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-claims.html

Either way, I'm interested in your explanation as to how physics and the laws governing electrostatics in particular in this case, do or don't apply. Biology/chemistry is not my thing. But I do think that the two aforementioned scientists aren't just talking shit, hence the previous post.
    well not even getting into it but laws of physics can't be broken and right in your post you say that C19 has a certain arrangement of amino acids. So therefore a virus CAN have that arrangement and therefore it is not a law of physics.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I can't believe someone posted The Daily Mail as a source.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I can't believe someone posted The Daily Mail as a source.
    I can't believe it's not butter.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    well not even getting into it but laws of physics can't be broken and right in your post you say that C19 has a certain arrangement of amino acids. So therefore a virus CAN have that arrangement and therefore it is not a law of physics.
    Perhaps what they were saying is that it can't occur naturally based on the laws of physics.

"Not even getting into it", then you get right into it. Interesting. Also, words at the beginning of a sentence are capitalized. And, AGAIN, for the 2nd time, it isn't "me saying" anything, it's what both the scientists/virologists said, NOT me. Nobody has yet come forward here with specific information discrediting the virologists, as to why their opinion re the laws of physics as it pertains to C19 is right, and the scientists are wrong. Why should I or anyone else agree with you over scientists who have training, expertise, and experience regarding the subject? Maybe they are WRONG, but I'd like to see something more concrete than the non-explanations G-M and Suntan have put forward.

Also, Dailymail is one of about 3 dozen sources with the exact same information, google it yourself, it was just the first one so that's the one I copy/pasted. It can't be any less accurate or biased than CNN, MSNBC, or a host of other left sources. Every other source has the same info.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...3100019_1.html

Gain of function” projects involve tweaking natural viruses in order to make them more infectious. They have been outlawed in the United States of America.

Sorensen said that four amino acids on the spike had a positive charge, which causes the virus to tightly cling to the negatively charged parts of a human, making the virus more infectious.

“The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row. The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it,” Dalgleish told DailyMail.com.

https://news.abplive.com/news/world/...rensen-1461020

The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has no "credible natural ancestor" and was created by Chinese scientists who were working on a 'Gain of Function' project in a Wuhan lab, the Daily Mail reported on Sunday, citing a new research paper by professor Dalgleish and Dr Sørensen.

The researchers claim scientist took a natural coronavirus "backbone" which are found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new "spike", turning it into the deadly and highly transmissible Covid-19. During an excusive interview with the Daily Mail, Sorensen said that four amino acids on the spike have a positive charge, which causes the virus to tightly cling to the negatively charged parts of a human, becoming more infectious. Because these positively charged amino acids also repeal each other, it was rare to find even three in a row in naturally occurring organisms, while four in a row is 'extremely unlikely, he said.

"The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row. The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it," Dalgleish told DailyMail.com.
    https://in.news.yahoo.com/scientists...ugeQWAW3hqwfYq

A new study, quoted by ANI, has found that Chinese scientists created the virus in a lab in Wuhan, then tried to cover their tracks by reverse-engineering versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats.

The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 virus has no “credible natural ancestor” and was created by Chinese scientists who were working on a “Gain of Function” project in a Wuhan lab, the Daily Mail reported on Sunday, citing a new research paper by British professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr Birger Sorensen.

The new research claims that scientists took a natural coronavirus “backbone” found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new “spike”, turning it into the deadly and highly transmissible COVID-19.

The paper also quotes that researchers found “unique fingerprints” in COVID-19 samples that they say could only have arisen from manipulation in a laboratory.

Authors Dalgleish and Sorensen wrote in their paper that they had prima facie evidence of retro-engineering in China” for a year, but were ignored by academics and major journals, reported DailyMail.com.

The study alleged “deliberate destruction, concealment or contamination of data” at Chinese labs and notes the silencing and disappearance of scientists in China who spoke out about the activities.

The research, has been obtained by DailyMail.com, is expected to intensify the ongoing debate on China’s role in creating the virus that has claimed thousands of lives.

In the 22-page paper which is set to be published in the scientific journal Quarterly Review of Biophysics Discovery, Dalgleish and Sorensen pieced together how Chinese scientists, some working with American universities, allegedly built the tools to create the coronavirus.

Incidentally, “Gain of Function” projects, which involves tweaking natural viruses to make them more infectious, had been outlawed by former US President Barack Obama.

In the paper, the scientists wrote that a natural virus pandemic would be expected to mutate gradually and become infectious but less pathogenic, which did not happen in the case of Covid-19.

Dalgleish and Sorensen claimed that after the pandemic began, Chinese scientists took samples of the COVID-19 virus and “retro-engineered” it, making it appear as if it had evolved naturally.

The scientists also highlighted that Chinese scientists who wished to share their knowledge have not been able to do so or have disappeared.

Sorensen said that he believes the virus escaped from lower security areas of the institute, where he believes Gain of Function research was performed, reported DailyMail.com.

Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden on May 26 said he has asked the US intelligence community to “redouble their efforts” to come to a conclusion on the origins of Covid-19 and report back to him within 90 days.
    https://thedailyguardian.com/covid-1...ays-new-study/

Amid calls for a fresh probe into the origins of Covid-19, an explosive new study has found that Chinese scientists created the virus in a lab in Wuhan, then tried to cover their tracks by reverse-engineering versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats.

Covid-19 has no “credible natural ancestor” and was created by Chinese scientists who were working on a ‘Gain of Function’ project in a Wuhan lab, the Daily Mail reported on Sunday, citing a new research paper by British professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr Birger Sorensen. The new research claims that scientists took a natural coronavirus “backbone” found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new “spike”, turning it into the deadly and highly transmissible Covid-19.

The paper also quotes that researchers found “unique fingerprints” in Covid-19 samples that they say could only have arisen from manipulation in a laboratory. Authors Dalgleish and Sorensen wrote in their paper that they had prima facie evidence of retro-engineering in China for a year, but were ignored by academics and major journals, reported DailyMail.com.

The study alleged “deliberate destruction, concealment or contamination of data” at Chinese labs and notes the silencing and disappearance of scientists in China who spoke out about the activities.

Dalgleish is a professor of oncology at St George’s University, London, and is best known for his breakthrough creating the first working ‘HIV vaccine’, to treat diagnosed patients and allow them to go off medication for months. Sørensen, a virologist, is chair of pharmaceutical company, Immunor, which developed a coronavirus vaccine candidate called Biovacc-19. Dalgleish also has share options in the firm.

Their study is expected to intensify the ongoing debate on China’s role in creating the virus that has claimed thousands of lives.

These developments come in the backdrop of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) annual assembly in Geneva demanding access for independent experts to “complete, original data and samples” relevant to the source of the virus and early stages of the outbreak in China.

There have been growing demands by various countries to investigate whether the virus originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan from an animal source or from a laboratory. The United States has last week asked American intelligence agencies to find out how Covid-19 emerged in China. India too on Friday supported renewed global calls for a comprehensive investigation by the WHO into the origins of the virus. “The WHO convened global study on the origin of COVID-19 is an important first step. It stressed the need for next phase studies as also for further data and studies to reach robust conclusions,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said on Friday.
    https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/explos...created-covid/

A bombshell new study claims to have proof that Chinese scientists created COVID-19 in a lab and then tried to reverse-engineer versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats.

British professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen wrote they’ve had primary evidence “of retro-engineering in China” since last year, but were ignored by academics and major medical journals, the Daily Mail reported Saturday, citing the soon-to-be-published study.

The study concludes: “the likelihood of it being the result of natural processes is very small.” The virus is still killing 12,000 people a day around the world.

Dalgleish is a London oncology professor known for breakthrough work on a vaccine for HIV. Sørensen is a virologist and chair of a pharmaceutical company, Immunor, which developed a coronavirus vaccine candidate called Biovacc-19. Dalgleish also has a financial stake in that company.

It was during their COVID-19 vaccine research that the pair came across “unique fingerprints” indicating the virus didn’t come from nature, they said. The telltale clue: a rare finding in the COVID-carrying virus of a row of four amino acids, which give off a positive charge and bond to negative human cells.

“The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row,” Dalgleish told the Daily Mail. “The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it.”

They also tracked published Chinese research, some done working with American universities, to show how the tools to create the virus were allegedly built. A good part of the work reviewed involved “gain of function” research, which involves manipulating natural viruses in a lab to make them more infectious, allowing scientists to study their potential effect on humans.

The US put a moratorium on such research in 2014. But it’s impossible to know if $600,000 in funding for medical research in China was used for gain of function research, Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress last week.

That's 1/2 of page one. That better TikTok?
    Last edited by Gman.45; 06-03-2021 at 01:39 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Perhaps what they were saying is that it can't occur naturally based on the laws of physics.

"Not even getting into it", then you get right into it. Interesting. Also, words at the beginning of a sentence are capitalized. And, AGAIN, for the 2nd time, it isn't "me saying" anything, it's what both the scientists/virologists said, NOT me. Nobody has yet come forward here with specific information discrediting the virologists, as to why their opinion re the laws of physics as it pertains to C19 is right, and the scientists are wrong. Why should I or anyone else agree with you over scientists who have training, expertise, and experience regarding the subject? Maybe they are WRONG, but I'd like to see something more concrete than the non-explanations G-M and Suntan have put forward.

Also, Dailymail is one of about 3 dozen sources with the exact same information, google it yourself, it was just the first one so that's the one I copy/pasted. It can't be any less accurate or biased than CNN, MSNBC, or a host of other left sources. Every other source has the same info.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...3100019_1.html

https://news.abplive.com/news/world/...rensen-1461020

https://in.news.yahoo.com/scientists...ugeQWAW3hqwfYq

https://thedailyguardian.com/covid-1...ays-new-study/

https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/explos...created-covid/

That's 1/2 of page one. That better TikTok?
    Jesus Christ

Literally every single one of those articles are reporting on the Daily Mail article itself. Zero fact checking, just "Hey, the Daily Mail said this last Saturday..."

The Daily Mail is a rag tabloid, if you weren't aware of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    V8s

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  16.8 KB

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Jesus Christ

Literally every single one of those articles are reporting on the Daily Mail article itself. Zero fact checking, just "Hey, the Daily Mail said this last Saturday..."

The Daily Mail is a rag tabloid, if you weren't aware of it.
    If you don't like the facts, attack the source. Right out of the ol Left wing playbook.

It is kind of funny watching this clown Fauci get shredded now. They've got the guys emails with higher ups thanking him for squashing the lab originated virus hypothesis that seemed apparent when this all started.
    Last edited by Misterman; 06-03-2021 at 08:55 PM.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It is kind of funny watching this clown Fauci get shredded now. They've got the guys emails with higher ups thanking him for squashing the lab originated virus hypothesis that seemed apparent when this all started.
    So... one day Biden will have to apologize to Trump on behalf of the country like Trudeau so often does for others?
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    So... one day Biden will have to apologize to Trump on behalf of the country like Trudeau so often does for others?
    I have no idea what you're talking about or how this involves my post?

Meanwhile back in Ottawa , Ms fancy socks says anything anyone taking shots at China is racist.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast