Quantcast
Thinking of selling our house - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling our house

Default Thinking of selling our house

We are thinking of selling our house. We Would like to know if you know any good realtors in Calgary that we can use to sell our home. Not sure how reliable is google reviews. A big name realtor got thousands of reviews on Google, but heard bad things of them as well.

Thanks in advance.

Beyond member and sponsor Jordan Lotoski.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I think it's also important to find a realtor that knows your area, has potential client base looking in your area, and is experienced in selling in your segment.
    Finding a realtor that makes 2 sales a year at $2,000,000 is stupid to sell your condo. Conversely a realtor that does 50 sales per year in condos isn't the best choice for your $500k suburban home.

Also find someone that you jive with.
    i.e.
    I've had realtors that talk too much, talk too little, only like to text, only like to meet in person...
    I've had realtors that don't talk until I initiate with questions, I've had realtors that don't let me have my opinion because they are the expert, I've had realtors that talk mumbo jumbo spirtual blah blah
    Last edited by jwslam; 05-29-2021 at 11:30 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond member and sponsor Jordan Lotoski.
    +1. An absolute hustler who will close a deal at 3am if required. One of the few full service realtors who are actually worth the full fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Market is definitely showing signs of cooling, so if you’re going to list to try and capitalize it better be tomorrow. Lol.

June 1st the new stress test also comes into play.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    rally pig

+1 for Jordan as well, he researched our area and knew how to price our property for a quick sale.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    +1 for Jordan as well, he researched our area and knew how to price our property for a quick sale.
    Now this is an interesting comment. This tends to be a common strategy of realtors, but in reality does that actually mean “priced slightly under market value” for a quick sale? It’s relative really, if you’re happy with the price for a week or less listing, then win win. Price higher, sell in 6 weeks - win ... lose?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Happy to assist you with the sale of your home, feel free to text or call anytime 403-542-0326

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Market is definitely showing signs of cooling, so if you’re going to list to try and capitalize it better be tomorrow. Lol.

June 1st the new stress test also comes into play.
    Families are active in Spring to move in before the new school year so there's that?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Now this is an interesting comment. This tends to be a common strategy of realtors, but in reality does that actually mean “priced slightly under market value” for a quick sale? It’s relative really, if you’re happy with the price for a week or less listing, then win win. Price higher, sell in 6 weeks - win ... lose?
    Surprisingly he sold our property above and beyond the listed price in less than a week.
    He understood the pros and cons of our property and location (primarily back of the house facing a busy road) so he suggested listing the property slightly below attracting more buyers to check it out.
    From what I recall we had 2-3 offers within a day of open viewing.

Obviously though results will vary for everyone but I can vouch Jordan for working hard, responding to all my emails and even calling late in the night if needed.
    Last edited by taemo; 05-30-2021 at 11:30 PM.

My Ride

Surprisingly he sold our property above and beyond the listed price in less than a week.
    He understood the pros and cons of our property and location (primarily back of the house facing a busy road) so he suggested listing the property slightly below attracting more buyers to check it out.

Obviously though results will vary for everyone but I can vouch Jordan for working hard, responding to all my emails and even calling late in the night if needed.
    That’s a calculated risk listing it slightly lower. I’m glad it worked out for your benefit.

Jordan is good, he’s helped me with something in the past too, so I trust his opinion.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Families are active in Spring to move in before the new school year so there's that?
    Yes, very true. Hottest time to sell will always be hottest time to sell no matter what.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ////M

Was this in the current market? Feels like every realtor could give examples of the same in the last 3-6 months.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Trash View Post
    Was this in the current market? Feels like every realtor could give examples of the same in the last 3-6 months.
    this was feb-mar 2020 pre-covid. would say we got lucky selling it before hand especially before the great hail that happened in the NE last summer too.

Depending on where it is and what the comps are, it might be worth looking into Purple brick. I dont know how the whole process works but my neighbor used them and they sold in 10 hours but this was in February this year so it was super low inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

Happy to assist you with the sale of your home, feel free to text or call anytime 403-542-0326
    Never used Jordan but I will seek his help in the future. Very helpful and friendly on providing info to us here on beyond for a long time.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I just used Bryan Herman to sell my house and I thought he was awesome. I found him through a buddy who sold at the peak of COVID in April of 2020 and so far he's been great to deal with. I also had him act as our buying agent and again he's been awesome in dealing with the douche bag of an agent for the house we are buying. He definitely keeps me in the loop on everything, which sometimes is silly/trivial things, but at least I'm informed of what's going on. He's a small town Sask boy so we mesh personality wise and he's been good at stopping bullshit asks from potential buyers.

Just as an example of how insane the market is right now for people thinking of selling: we listed our house at 4:00pm on Tuesday and within 30 minutes we had 9 showings booked in the next 24 hours and 1 offer over asking sight unseen. An hour later we had another 10 viewings booked and the first guys upped their offer without us asking by another few thousands. After talking it over with my wife we opted to show the house for 48 hours then review offers so we could maximize our value and minimize risk because we already had another house bought. All in all we had 33 showings and 12 offers with only 1 under asking and 2 at asking. We even got two offers over asking with no conditions at all. We ended up settling on an offer quite a bit over asking with a large deposit, proof of pre approval for the funds, and flexible for when we wanted conditions to come off and hand over possession. The contract is written such that they will get possession on X day plus or minus 30 days with written notice by us. Even after we technically stopped accepting offers they were still rolling in, or people who had previously put in offers were upping theirs without being asked. As the seller we really felt like we were in control of everything. If you have a home sub $500k and were thinking of selling it, I think you should because this market is nuts.

Also, what the fuck is up with Asians and East Indians making offers with 8's in the value? I get they think its lucky but it pisses me off to not have round numbers so I just threw all of those offers out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

So basically what I’m hearing is that if your house doesn’t sell in minutes it’s because your house is awful.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Also, what the fuck is up with Asians and East Indians making offers with 8's in the value? I get they think its lucky but it pisses me off to not have round numbers so I just threw all of those offers out.
    Lol those never work out anyways because there is always requests for discounts after home inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Lol those never work out anyways because there is always requests for discounts after home inspection.
    I would tell them to fuck off, and if they ask again the deal is nullified and I keep the deposit.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast