Quantcast
Thinking of selling our house - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling our house

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aren't awning windows generally not permitted for egress because of the hardware? Unless those are some massive windows.
    It's a full open/lock awning window, so you can open it 90* and it gets stuck open. It passed inspection so its gotta be ok? i think it's what the inspector suggested when i was trying to get a different style approved.

my house is in the 500-550 range, and i think it shows well. It's just a small bungalow so i think people want bigger maybe... makes you feel like you did something wrong when there's no day 1 bidding war though haha

Edit: im unable to finish the main floor, flooring and trim until we move out, and i think people are put off by that too, but its in the realtor notes that ill be doing it....

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Oh, ok. I thought you meant crank out type awning.

None of the houses are moving in my neighborhood. They're also asking crack money for most of them though. We are most definitely not a $550g+ area (we're barely a $500g area)yet people are wanting $600g
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 08-17-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Interesting feedback, everyone.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Oh, ok. I thought you meant crank out type awning.

None of the houses are moving in my neighborhood. They're also asking crack money for most of them though. We are most definitely not a $550g+ area (we're barely a $500g area)yet people are wanting $600g
    ya its just a pull open, it's annoying to close to be honest haha..

Things have been selling for $500+ around me, and I feel like with my garage and all the work i've done over the past couple years my price should be reasonable and on par with what's sold. it's only been on the market for 6 days so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    house is in the 500-550 range, and i think it shows well. It's just a small bungalow so i think people want bigger maybe... makes you feel like you did something wrong when there's no day 1 bidding war though haha

Edit: im unable to finish the main floor, flooring and trim until we move out, and i think people are put off by that too, but its in the realtor notes that ill be doing it....
    A couple months ago you could get away with not having everything done but right now i feel you gotta be on point if you're asking top dollar even at that 500 range. My niece just got in a mini bid war for a starter home in nolan lol 1700 detached listed at 480 and went for 496, it felt over priced to me but it was almost show home worthy from the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Yeah i could see if it was minor things like if i didnt clean the furnace or replace the GFCI plug but if the house is trashed i can assure you the buyer is not out of luck the day before pos
    Well yeah. But that's not the situation people are bringing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Three is a lot. Two for sure.

One after conditions, one the day before possession or the morning of.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Buyer has zero leverage the day before possession.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Well yeah. But that's not the situation people are bringing up.
    Darkane said to ask for a walkthrough day before and you replied to him saying buyer has no leverage the day before, did i miss the part where he specifically mentions the walk through was for minor things only?

You cant keep a deposit if the buyer finds things wrong during home inspection and you dont wanna deal and you're not SOL the day before pos.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Well different situations for different people I guess. I'm lucky to be in a financial situation where I can carry two houses at a time.

If the buyer for example NEEDS to move in tomorrow because their other house is selling in 5 days, they're gonna settle with the seller for money or just take it as is since they would otherwise be homeless.
    Similarly if a seller NEEDS to sell this house tomorrow for financial reasons, they will settle with the buyer for a cash difference.

On top of that there's the emotions as a buyer of "this is the one" and also walking away would me wasted money on home inspection, and more wasted time in searching for the next one.
    As a seller you're tied to "well is my next offer going to be as good? my house is now increased DOM, so does that drop interest? what more negotiation will there be to fix things by the next buyer?"
    Last edited by jwslam; 08-18-2021 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Only things I've negotiated after an inspection are roof condition, and polyb plumbing. Both large ticket items that weren't typically looked for during a showing

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I made the mistake of tuning into my Wyze cams during the home inspection on my house and was getting pretty pissed off at their realtor because she was being a real cunt. The whole time she was boasting to the buyer about how she was "going to go for blood" and do things like "hold back $500 per cabinet door that even has a hint of damage from those stupid child locks", and "make them run the fireplace for a day and a half straight before we take the house so we know it works good otherwise we will hold back another $2000", and "get way more money off because I don't think this basement was permitted" despite the buyer obviously being nervous with how aggressive she was.

When we actually got their list of requests it was simply to replace any doors that were damaged when taking the child locks off, get a furnace inspection, change a bracket on the city's water meter, and put the cover back on the thermostat in the garage. I'm already replacing 5 cabinet doors anyways at ~$60 a door right from the manufacturer so I think that was a fair request, as was the furnace inspection because Lennox's are absolute trash. I'm not touching the city water meter so that's the only one I said no to. Everything I've done to the house has been permitted to which was in the listing so I'm not sure where that came from. Total hold back was $1500 if I don't do anything which I'm fine with.

My recommendation for my future self is to leave well enough alone and don't creep the cameras because I'll just be angry for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride

hahaha my wife keeps listening to them leave on the doorbell cam, i thought about putting a wyze in the living room.. i can't listen though, im too soft i'll get mad.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    hahaha my wife keeps listening to them leave on the doorbell cam, i thought about putting a wyze in the living room.. i can't listen though, im too soft i'll get mad.
    We also did this when our house was for sale.

Do not recommend.

My Ride

its never nice hearing people say mean things about your shit

i do make sure they don't touch my car though, on my garage cam, they seem to like the car at least.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I made the mistake of tuning into my Wyze cams during the home inspection on my house and was getting pretty pissed off at their realtor because she was being a real cunt. The whole time she was boasting to the buyer about how she was "going to go for blood" and do things like "hold back $500 per cabinet door that even has a hint of damage from those stupid child locks", and "make them run the fireplace for a day and a half straight before we take the house so we know it works good otherwise we will hold back another $2000", and "get way more money off because I don't think this basement was permitted" despite the buyer obviously being nervous with how aggressive she was.

When we actually got their list of requests it was simply to replace any doors that were damaged when taking the child locks off, get a furnace inspection, change a bracket on the city's water meter, and put the cover back on the thermostat in the garage. I'm already replacing 5 cabinet doors anyways at ~$60 a door right from the manufacturer so I think that was a fair request, as was the furnace inspection because Lennox's are absolute trash. I'm not touching the city water meter so that's the only one I said no to. Everything I've done to the house has been permitted to which was in the listing so I'm not sure where that came from. Total hold back was $1500 if I don't do anything which I'm fine with.

My recommendation for my future self is to leave well enough alone and don't creep the cameras because I'll just be angry for no reason.

I disagree. I want all the information I can get when doing a house deal. Putting your head in the sand isn't a smart way to go about it.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Note to self, pick up some Wyze cams when I sell my house for secret leverage, rofl.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    I disagree. I want all the information I can get when doing a house deal. Putting your head in the sand isn't a smart way to go about it.
    Me too. It also shows how emotionally involved people are when making this (very large) financial transaction. If emotions are removed, it’s just business negotiations.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think you massively underestimate how emotional most business negotiations are as well lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I personally would not want to know anything about the buyers that isn't written on the offer. I don't want to know motivation, desire or anything like that. If they are highly motivated, they can show that in their offer appropriately, or not, as they choose.

I don't get to take their motivation and desire with me to my next home, I only get their money.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I personally would not want to know anything about the buyers that isn't written on the offer. I don't want to know motivation, desire or anything like that. If they are highly motivated, they can show that in their offer appropriately, or not, as they choose.

I don't get to take their motivation and desire with me to my next home, I only get their money.
    This.

Give me the price I want or we won't make a deal.
    Everything up and above I just don't care about.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yup. If they think it’s a fantastic deal good for them. Who. Cares.

Biggest mistake you can make, is the new owners knowing any way to get a hold of you.

My in laws sent a package to my other in laws old address by mistake and my wife had to text the new owners to sort it out. She was getting texts from these people about the house for 2 years before she finally blocked the number.

Best part of having a realtor lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast