Quantcast
92 FD RX7 soon up for grabs at the Calgary parking auction - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: 92 FD RX7 soon up for grabs at the Calgary parking auction

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
    Posts
    5,970
    Rep Power
    13

    Default 92 FD RX7 soon up for grabs at the Calgary parking auction

    Curious what the story behind this is, or how much it'll go for. I was quite surprised to see this when I just browsing through.

    https://www.calgaryparking.com/image...?roiId=1708597

    https://www.calgaryparking.com/web/g...eb_d-16544-p=3
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    got excited, then i saw it was RHD.

    got un-excited.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    1,771
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    got excited, then i saw it was RHD.

    got un-excited.
    Aw, come on! You get one of those giant "WRONG SIDE, OFFICER" stickers across the painted/tinted windshield and you're fuckin golden!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,878
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Problem is who is willing to risk $XXXX to see if it even turns over.
    And not to mention rekeying service.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So you don't even get the key right since it's towed. They just dump it on your driveway and you deal with it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ W220/V90/KTM RC390/ E46ZHP
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you don't even get the key right since it's towed. They just dump it on your driveway and you deal with it?
    no you need to arrange for a tow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I wonder how hard it would be to remove all of that juvenile bodywork.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Tiny hands on a tiny keyboard
    Posts
    9,458
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Correct answer is to snag this, slap too big of a turn on it, and drive it until it blows up. @Sentry seems like just the right kind of dude to embrace this kind of spirit. Although he might put put mud tires on it and thrash it around waiprous, which would offend "serious car guys" and impress me greatly.
    ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    UZJ100, D2 S8, B5 S4 Kombi, UrQuattro
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Interesting. I've been looking for an FD3S lately, but even the hurtiest goof example is asking $30k+

    90's cars have gone bonkers in the past few years. I would consider snagging this, despite being RHD - the US market would eat it up regardless. I think RHD is still a desirable novelty there.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,068
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    got excited, then i saw it was RHD.

    got un-excited.
    I'd rather take public transit than drive an RHD anything.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    1,771
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather take public transit than drive an RHD anything.
    Wins internet for June 3rd.
    "You must spread some reputation around before..."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ATS
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no you need to arrange for a tow.
    I could be misreading it but I think you're wrong:
    "Vehicles will be delivered to your private property by our towing contractor within 48 hours of the purchase at our contract rates. No private vehicle towing or contract towing allowed."
    So they arrange everything but charge you for it.

    Whatever the case, it looks like most of the stuff on that list is a hot mess. Maybe some diamonds in the rough but it would take some work and some luck to find them.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Down by the River
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Saw a much nicer Black FD on the side of Deerfoot Tuesday morning. Too nice to be just sitting there

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    92 735il, 02 Impreza, 93 Grand Cherokee
    Posts
    3,061
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct answer is to snag this, slap too big of a turn on it, and drive it until it blows up. @Sentry seems like just the right kind of dude to embrace this kind of spirit. Although he might put put mud tires on it and thrash it around waiprous, which would offend "serious car guys" and impress me greatly.
    I need another project like I need a hole in the head lol. But I have worked on assloads of these at my job, and am super familiar with them. If it could be had for a reasonable price I'll try and get it, but people tend to go crazy at these auctions and overbid stuff.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ W220/V90/KTM RC390/ E46ZHP
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could be misreading it but I think you're wrong:


    So they arrange everything but charge you for it.

    Whatever the case, it looks like most of the stuff on that list is a hot mess. Maybe some diamonds in the rough but it would take some work and some luck to find them.
    Sorry that's what I meant, you have to arrange the tow but your only option is city wide. No other towing company is allowed to be in the impound iirc.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,878
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need another project like I need a hole in the head lol. But I have worked on assloads of these at my job, and am super familiar with them. If it could be had for a reasonable price I'll try and get it, but people tend to go crazy at these auctions and overbid stuff.
    What does reasonable price even mean for so many unknowns?
    My price is $1500

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,437
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need another project like I need a hole in the head lol. But I have worked on assloads of these at my job, and am super familiar with them. If it could be had for a reasonable price I'll try and get it, but people tend to go crazy at these auctions and overbid stuff.
    I wouldn't bother for the reason you mentioned. Auctions are being overbid like crazy, and it has been that way for the last 15 years at least. It's the whole reason I stopped going to them.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    92 735il, 02 Impreza, 93 Grand Cherokee
    Posts
    3,061
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does reasonable price even mean for so many unknowns?
    My price is $1500
    I was gonna say under 5 grand but yeah. Dirt cheap

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Tiny hands on a tiny keyboard
    Posts
    9,458
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need another project like I need a hole in the head lol.
    Sometimes it's not about you.
    ...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,268
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Could be in there for anything - sometimes keys sometimes not. Fair number end up in there for no insurance/reg with keys.

    But tons of parked at side of road for months too. You don't even get basic details to run - so you can't even be sure they're not OOP.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Sweet D&G Sweater up for grabs...100% AUTHENTIC, BRAND NEW!!!

    By cparrott in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 11-29-2004, 08:58 PM
  2. Older Gixxer For Grabs

    By gottspeed in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 05-25-2004, 07:59 PM
  3. bike for grabs

    By Markopolian in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 05-23-2004, 06:05 PM
  4. XboX Up For Grabs

    By s3vy in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 34
    Latest Threads: 09-01-2003, 01:39 AM
  5. 2nd Generation VW tear drop alloys up for grabs.

    By elwood in forum Automotive Parts
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 06-17-2003, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •