Quantcast
GTC4Lusso - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GTC4Lusso

My Ride
    *The First*

$30k visits to the service dept are also not unheard-of...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $30k visits to the service dept are also not unheard-of...
    $30k for regular service visits? This just means I'll be avoiding the dealership like the plague.

Any shop recommendations guys?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Pretty sure this is one of those pay to play situations.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by AltAcc View Post
    $30k for regular service visits? This just means I'll be avoiding the dealership like the plague.

Any shop recommendations guys?
    They fix what they deem to be not completely perfect. Remember, it was a $460k car... that's big, like extremely long and wide... and has back seats and is seen by many as ugly and a completely inappropriate Ferrari... but was $100k more than a perfectly sexy, more typical Ferrari.
    The person who bought this new has FuckOff money to the extent that he/she bought am understated Ferrari that without the Scuderia badges, no one would even recognize as a Ferrari rather than a Rolls Royce or some other pretentious heap of British shit.

The car makes zero sense to the casual observer and Ferrari doesn't care and they haven't cared since they got back on this insane horse with the 456, 456 Modificata, 612 Scaglietti, the FF and then the GTC.

If you're in Calgary or Vancouver, I'd consider establishing a relationship with Weissach for servicing. Lambo people I know spend closer to $2k/year there and they are realistic about what they take on.
    If something almost significant needs to be done, it's entirely possible that it will be $30k. If something goes significantly wrong, $50k.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 06-04-2021 at 07:43 PM.

They fix what they deem to be not completely perfect. Remember, it was a $460k car... that's big, like extremely long and wide... and has back seats and is seen by many as ugly and a completely inappropriate Ferrari... but was $100k more than a perfectly sexy, more typical Ferrari.
    The person who bought this new has FuckOff money to the extent that he/she bought am understated Ferrari that without the Scuderia badges, no one would even recognize as a Ferrari rather than a Rolls Royce or some other pretentious heap of British shit.

The car makes zero sense to the casual observer and Ferrari doesn't care and they haven't cared since they got back on this insane horse with the 456, 456 Modificata, 612 Scaglietti, the FF and then the GTC.

If you're in Calgary or Vancouver, I'd consider establishing a relationship with Weissach for servicing. Lambo people I know spend closer to $2k/year there and they are realistic about what they take on.
    If something almost significant needs to be done, it's entirely possible that it will be $30k. If something goes significantly wrong, $50k.
    This makes sense. Thanks once again for the enlightening perspective. As a car enthusiast, I wish this car existed without the association of the Ferrari badge. The snobbery, the elitism, the "big boys club", all things that I want no part of. I'm sure prestige and heritage is important to many, but to me, I just love the car for the simple facts that I laid out in the OP: NA V12 w/ a high redline, 4 usable seats, practicality (at least, much more than other exotics), and a mostly AWD system. Everything else is subjective.

Based on the research I've done, the biggest headache seems to be the PTU. The repair for this runs for about $30k, although certain reputable aftermarket manufacturers have come up with solutions that shave 50-60% off that cost. Thank you for recommending Weissach, I'll keep them in mind should this whole thing come to fruition.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm so low class I'd get a Kia Stinger and pretend that was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This makes sense. Thanks once again for the enlightening perspective. As a car enthusiast, I wish this car existed without the association of the Ferrari badge. The snobbery, the elitism, the "big boys club", all things that I want no part of. I'm sure prestige and heritage is important to many, but to me, I just love the car for the simple facts that I laid out in the OP: NA V12 w/ a high redline, 4 usable seats, practicality (at least, much more than other exotics), and a mostly AWD system. Everything else is subjective.

Based on the research I've done, the biggest headache seems to be the PTU. The repair for this runs for about $30k, although certain reputable aftermarket manufacturers have come up with solutions that shave 50-60% off that cost. Thank you for recommending Weissach, I'll keep them in mind should this whole thing come to fruition.
    I thought that was the entire point of Ferrari?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

The difference in servicing costs has nothing to do with Weissach being cheaper than FoA and everything to do with the simple fact that the majority of Lamborghinis, outside of the V12s, are Audis.

That said, FoA is especially greasy when it comes to finding service items that magically inflate service bills.

If I were looking for a Lusso, I'd probably plan on servicing it at Riegel.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    The difference in servicing costs has nothing to do with Weissach being cheaper than FoA and everything to do with the simple fact that the majority of Lamborghinis, outside of the V12s, are Audis.

That said, FoA is especially greasy when it comes to finding service items that magically inflate service bills.

If I were looking for a Lusso, I'd probably plan on servicing it at Riegel.
    My bad. I'm always forgetting how incredibly reliable and inexpensive to fix the Audi brand is. It's their hallmark, really.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

My bad. I'm always forgetting how incredibly reliable and inexpensive to fix the Audi brand is. It's their hallmark, really.
    Relative to an exotic...they're akin to a 2000 Toyota Camry

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Relative to an exotic...they're akin to a 2000 Toyota Camry
    Maybe a 1.8L Turbo TT is. But every time someone with a small wiener, (not staining you&me specifically) lives to relish in the semi-fragment fact a Gallardo or a Huracan "is just an Audi" so it makes them feel better about being an order of magnitude away from affording one, a little piece of me becomes erect.

Lamborghini is doing their thing and they've been doing it extremely well for quite some time. Their influence from Audi cannot be denied, but it's not like we're talking about a Cadillac Cimarron, here. It's an Italian company doing Italian things (to their benefit and detriment).

My Ride
    Silverado

Rurrjurr finally cashed in those tesla shares

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Nah it’s NZwasp spending his AMC

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I don’t know anything about the reliability or maintenance issues but I would try and find a private sale on auto trader and get it inspected before purchase. Good luck with the search!

My Ride
    ute

The PTU issue is why I stopped looking at the FF and Lusso. If I got one, I would send the PTU out for the upgrade immediately. When it grenades (and it will), it can also take your engine with it. The V8 has no PTU, but I didn't have any interest in the v8

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I don’t know anything about the reliability or maintenance issues but I would try and find a private sale on auto trader and get it inspected before purchase. Good luck with the search!
    Thanks sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The PTU issue is why I stopped looking at the FF and Lusso. If I got one, I would send the PTU out for the upgrade immediately. When it grenades (and it will), it can also take your engine with it. The V8 has no PTU, but I didn't have any interest in the v8
    Yeah, I found a company in Europe that replaces it with one that is much better quality. It's gonna set me back another 13k however.

My Ride
    ute

Thanks sir!

Yeah, I found a company in Europe that replaces it with one that is much better quality. It's gonna set me back another 13k however.
    theres some US guys that do it as well

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Funny enough, I was looking at a FF for a friend , and this is a bill I was shown by the seller on the PTU.

Ferrari Maintenance seen outrageous even compare to other brands too. For a super car, I don't understand the appear of the FF/GTC4. Why is AWD and back seat important?

Name:  ff.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  212.3 KB

My Ride
    ute

With the FF and lusso you either get it or you don't

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Maybe a 1.8L Turbo TT is. But every time someone with a small wiener, (not staining you&me specifically) lives to relish in the semi-fragment fact a Gallardo or a Huracan "is just an Audi" so it makes them feel better about being an order of magnitude away from affording one, a little piece of me becomes erect.

Lamborghini is doing their thing and they've been doing it extremely well for quite some time. Their influence from Audi cannot be denied, but it's not like we're talking about a Cadillac Cimarron, here. It's an Italian company doing Italian things (to their benefit and detriment).
    I've asked a lot of F355 drivers where they got the bodykits for their MR2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast