Quantcast
GTC4Lusso - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: GTC4Lusso

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferrari Maintenance seen outrageous even compare to other brands too. For a super car, I don't understand the appear of the FF/GTC4. Why is AWD and back seat important?
    All the more reason to avoid servicing at the dealer lol. As for your followup question, Buster hit the nail on the head. However, to be a little more specific - AWD in case I want to drive in less-than-ideal conditions. Back seats so friends and family can comfortably enjoy the experience. Before anyone asks, no I would not consider an SUV, not my style lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    With the FF and lusso you either get it or you don't
    I think this can be applied for any wagon/shooting brake.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Being able to daily drive makes a pile of sense. Garage queen's confuse me
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

you can daily it if you dont care at all about depreciation. Ferrari people are little bitches about mileage.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Maybe a 1.8L Turbo TT is. But every time someone with a small wiener, (not staining you&me specifically) lives to relish in the semi-fragment fact a Gallardo or a Huracan "is just an Audi" so it makes them feel better about being an order of magnitude away from affording one, a little piece of me becomes erect.

Lamborghini is doing their thing and they've been doing it extremely well for quite some time. Their influence from Audi cannot be denied, but it's not like we're talking about a Cadillac Cimarron, here. It's an Italian company doing Italian things (to their benefit and detriment).
    Be erect no more, my mighty friend, as my opinion of the Audi-ness of Lamborghinis (Gallardo specifically) is based on previous ownership.

The engine, transmission, awd system, gauges, hvac, infotainment, even the keys - all Audi and they barely try and hide it. And I'm not even saying this is a bad thing, but it does mean the cars are relatively inexpensive to service and it has nothing to do with Weissach being charitable with their rates (but like I said, FoA being so greasy also makes them look better by comparison). In fact, I'd say the Audighinis - along with the last-gen Ford GTs - are the bargain supercars when it comes to service cost relative to values.

Back on topic - The Lussos depreciate horribly, but the incremental depreciation of a driven car vs. a garage queen is the only way to make any sense of owning one. We should also not ignore the strangeness that is the Ferrari market... Cars that are often unloved in period often find a following as they age. 612s were deader-than-dead for a period, but interest had piqued as the design has aged well and is becoming more appreciated for its elegance. I don't think anyone will make that same argument for the FF & Lusso, but we can't discount the notion that this is very likely the last NA V12 2+2 Ferrari ever and that will definitely mean something in the years to come.

OP - go see Kulu, have him find you the best example he can, service the car at Riegel and drive the wheels off!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    Be erect no more, my mighty friend, as my opinion of the Audi-ness of Lamborghinis (Gallardo specifically) is based on previous ownership.

The engine, transmission, awd system, gauges, hvac, infotainment, even the keys - all Audi and they barely try and hide it. And I'm not even saying this is a bad thing, but it does mean the cars are relatively inexpensive to service and it has nothing to do with Weissach being charitable with their rates (but like I said, FoA being so greasy also makes them look better by comparison). In fact, I'd say the Audighinis - along with the last-gen Ford GTs - are the bargain supercars when it comes to service cost relative to values.

Back on topic - The Lussos depreciate horribly, but the incremental depreciation of a driven car vs. a garage queen is the only way to make any sense of owning one. We should also not ignore the strangeness that is the Ferrari market... Cars that are often unloved in period often find a following as they age. 612s were deader-than-dead for a period, but interest had piqued as the design has aged well and is becoming more appreciated for its elegance. I don't think anyone will make that same argument for the FF & Lusso, but we can't discount the notion that this is very likely the last NA V12 2+2 Ferrari ever and that will definitely mean something in the years to come.

OP - go see Kulu, have him find you the best example he can, service the car at Riegel and drive the wheels off!
    My strategy with the FF/Lusso would be to find the highest mileage clean one I could find and buy it at a massive discount off of the garage queen, then drive the miles off. I think we might be saying the same thing.

The sensitivity of the Ferrari market to depreciation can be put to your advantage. Although the Canadian market is small and dumb - people think these "high depreciation" Ferraris like the Lusso or ones with mileage, still deserve to get 5% off of retail after years - and they will sit on them forever.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by AltAcc View Post
    All the more reason to avoid servicing at the dealer lol. As for your followup question, Buster hit the nail on the head. However, to be a little more specific - AWD in case I want to drive in less-than-ideal conditions. Back seats so friends and family can comfortably enjoy the experience. Before anyone asks, no I would not consider an SUV, not my style lol.

I think this can be applied for any wagon/shooting brake.
    Since you're an alt, and have no desire and no reason to flex, I gotta ask: did you inherit the money or come into it recently? You're asking a lot of the type of questions that people who are looking at this level of car don't ask.

My Ride
    *The First*

The engine, transmission, awd system, gauges, hvac, infotainment, even the keys - all Audi and they barely try and hide it. And I'm not even saying this is a bad thing, but it does mean the cars are relatively inexpensive to service and it has nothing to do with Weissach being charitable with their rates (but like I said, FoA being so greasy also makes them look better by comparison). In fact, I'd say the Audighinis - along with the last-gen Ford GTs - are the bargain supercars when it comes to service cost relative to values....
    But you didn't buy the Audi. You spent significantly more on the Lambo. Because they're different.

I'm referring to those people who say "it's the same car. You just overpaid for an Audi" like as if it's a Silverado/Sierra comparison.

My Ride
    ute

VAG badge engineering is one of the reasons I'm not that interested in most of their products. Most BMWs are ugly now, but at least they are BMWs. Same with Merc.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

VAG badge engineering is one of the reasons I'm not that interested in most of their products. Most BMWs are ugly now, but at least they are BMWs. Same with Merc.
    Do PCars count?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Do PCars count?
    Sure. 911 and Cayman are unique. But everything what isn't - Macan, cayenne, taycan

This was part of my train of thought as well. We're essentially creeping towards the death/reduction of ICE engines. EVs are slowly becoming the craze, and as a car lover, this leaves me feeling conflicted about the future. Without going off-topic too much, I personally think these next few years will be one of the best times to scoop up some of the best sounding V8s/10s/12s.

Since you're an alt, and have no desire and no reason to flex, I gotta ask: did you inherit the money or come into it recently? You're asking a lot of the type of questions that people who are looking at this level of car don't ask.
    Without going into too many details, I did acquire most of this wealth over the past several years. As I mentioned, I live well under my means. I've never had a thing for materialistic items. I haven't had any social media for close to a decade now, so I don't feel the need to flex or show off. My parents have always had the "keeping up with the Joneses" type of mentality. Seeing them struggle with finances while juggling the appearance of having wealth made me realize that I wanted nothing to do with that type of lifestyle. It has taken time, but I've become very comfortable with the notion of not caring about what others think of me

As far as "fancy" cars go, I've driven Mercs for the better part of my early adulthood, but I'm not a fan of the direction they're heading in now (big touchscreens, most models looking like bigger or smaller versions of themselves - C/E/S, etc). I put some thought into cross shopping some other wagons (E63, RS6, CTS-V), but none of those sound nearly as good. I haven't been able to justify a "supercar" to myself in the past because they don't make sense financially, but that same mentality has almost made me feel like I've become a slave to my money lol. As long as I can make sure my family is taken care of, why not spend the extra income on shit that I'll enjoy? There's more to life than just letting your money make more money. It's obviously more complicated than that, but that's the simplest way to break down my thought process. I hope that answers your question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3