Quantcast
CONTACT LENSES The Most Mega Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CONTACT LENSES The Most Mega Thread

My Ride
    *The First*

Default CONTACT LENSES The Most Mega Thread

So, one of our members (was it @Disoblige ?) was recently beaking about reasonably priced contact lenses and that online places like Clearly were no longer dominantly cheaper.
    Is this true?
    For years and years it was simply laughable how bad the pricing in stores was compared to online. It's funny to feel like I'm hearing "OK, Boomer - stop buying your contacts online! They're way cheaper at EyezThe'By in the Newfie District downtown!"
    It's a crazy time to be alive.

Where does Beyond recommend?
    What brand do you like?
    Monthly or Daily?
    Why are Optometrists so fucking hot?

I'm in the market for some coloured lenses. Wait - did I just get cancelled?! What's the LGBRëūÆ#MOUSE approved term for "coloured" these days? And by "these days" I mean it's probably literally only a few days until it's updated for the betterment of hu-person-ity.

Prolly just get Transitions, though.

Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 06-18-2021 at 08:39 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are Optometrists so fucking hot?
    nothing to add except that this is totally accurate. 9/10 optometrists are 9/10 or better. Even after they give me my glasses back.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I get them from my optometrist. Bill them to insurance. And then put them in a drawer never to be used again.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

y'all office folk where contacts regularly?
    screens kill me from my lack of blinking...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’d be asleep at my desk by 1pm every day if I wore contacts to work.

I’m a massive baby about them
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

@ThePenIsMightier

Use Bishop and Associates. They price match, and also have great deals/promos where it may be better than anything online anyways. Plus if your subscription changes, you can swap out any unopened and not expired boxes for new pairs free of charge. I just did on stuff I got 3 years ago and got a brand new package of stuff, and free bottles of solution. And yes you can also swap out unopened unexpired bottles of solution and eye drops for direct replacement or credit!

I use the Acuvue Transitions and love them. They are simply amazing when you don't want to wear sunglasses. Never have to squint from the sun or anything. The only problem is that you look like you're high as fuck if you're in a bright setting (indoors or outdoors). As long as you don't think anyone will care, then go nuts. It's just too bad they are bi-weekly's but whatever.

Otherwise for regular contacts I use Bausch and Lomb Ultra monthly. They work really well and they always seem to have a great promo going on.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I use Total 1 dailies. I can't go back to monthly ever since I started using dailies.
    I've tried many different types of dailies and I keep going back to Total 1.

The transition contact lenses are pretty cool. Very similar to the Nike contacts from few years ago. But I don't notice much change in lighting comparing to the contacts from Nike.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    The transition contact lenses are pretty cool. Very similar to the Nike contacts from few years ago. But I don't notice much change in lighting comparing to the contacts from Nike.
    They are subtle, but there is a difference. I know because when I'm walking outside on a bright day, nothing phases me. My friends are like "dude wtf, is the sun not bothering you?" as they squint and put their hands in front of their eyes walking in the park.
    Suckers.

In regards to dailies, I got a bunch of free ones from the Bausch and Lomb Ultra package but I basically never used them. I would use them as emergencies where I keep em in the car or office in case I lose a contact and need a spare pronto.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I buy mine through Costco just cause I get my eye exam there as well

I was wearing Acuvue Oasys Bi-Weeklys then they switched me to Air Optix Monthlys and so far I like the Air Optix alot more. Havent had any dry issues like I did with the Acuvues.

I think the Bi-Weekly and Monthlys are alot cheaper than Dailys.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post

I was wearing Acuvue Oasys Bi-Weeklys then they switched me to Air Optix Monthlys and so far I like the Air Optix alot more. Havent had any dry issues like I did with the Acuvues.

I think the Bi-Weekly and Monthlys are alot cheaper than Dailys.
    I did the opposite, sorta, went from AO Monthlys to Oasys dailys. Yeah they are a bit more expensive but I don't have to worry about buying cleaning solution, keeping everything hygienic etc. Way easier to just bring a however many I need when travelling than worry about solution, cases and storage.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    They are subtle, but there is a difference. I know because when I'm walking outside on a bright day, nothing phases me. My friends are like "dude wtf, is the sun not bothering you?" as they squint and put their hands in front of their eyes walking in the park.
    Suckers.

In regards to dailies, I got a bunch of free ones from the Bausch and Lomb Ultra package but I basically never used them. I would use them as emergencies where I keep em in the car or office in case I lose a contact and need a spare pronto.
    Interesting, I might have to grab some from my optometry and try it again. My doctor gave me a bunch to try before it was launched for retail. So I just popped them on, went for a walk and took them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Suckers.
    WTF that's some next level shit.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Acuvue Trueye dailies, can't ever go back to weeklies/monthlies.

For the best price, Black Friday is a good time to stock up... otherwise a couple of the big sites have good sales about twice a year. Clearly (or their discount site Lowest Price Contacts), perfectlens, visionpros are all places I've used. Use a combination of coupons, sales, and cash back to find which is cheapest. The best was when PerfectLens was 13% cash back from Great Canadian Rebates and coupons... after coupon total went through insurance, and I got a cheque for the cash back later.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.