Quantcast
2022 Civic Hatch - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2022 Civic Hatch

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are two thin trim pieces that you don't touch that are gloss black (one on the rear of the door panel and one above the climate knobs). The center area with the cup holders (that is the worst offender in most cars), all knobs, switches, handles and anything you are likely to touch during normal use have apparently been designed specifically to hide fingerprints and smudges. If you watch the prominent YouTube reviews it's easiest to see as they test this and make a point of mentioning it.
    Lol wtf. Of course the knobs, switches, and handles aren't piano black. You forgot to mention the steering wheel doesn't have it though.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

If there's any piano black, you best believe someone is going to fucking touch it. Kids, passengers, dog drool, etc. Doesn't matter where it is, someone will want to swipe their fingers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Lol wtf. Of course the knobs, switches, and handles aren't piano black. You forgot to mention the steering wheel doesn't have it though.
    Have a look at the old Cadillac CUE system or even the new GTI - piano black on buttons is definitely a thing. Piano black on steering wheels is also a thing.

As I mentioned before, the center console / cup holder area is by far the worst offender on most cars because of how easily it scratches and starts to look like shit. The rest isn't as big of a deal but I would still prefer there to be zero.

I have no clue why you guys are all so concerned about this lol. Just watch some reviews and form your own opinion rather than worrying about everyone else's. I know some of you are just trolling but you must have something better to do with your time.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

23 posts (now 24), and 8 of them are fucking the Mitsu blah-blah-blah show.

And now this guy posts this?
    I have no clue why you guys are all so concerned about this lol. Just watch some reviews and form your own opinion rather than worrying about everyone else's. I know some of you are just trolling but you must have something better to do with your time.
    Wow.. Delusional much...?

My Ride
    V8s

Have a look at the old Cadillac CUE system or even the new GTI - piano black on buttons is definitely a thing. Piano black on steering wheels is also a thing.

As I mentioned before, the center console / cup holder area is by far the worst offender on most cars because of how easily it scratches and starts to look like shit. The rest isn't as big of a deal but I would still prefer there to be zero.

Newsflash buddy, we’re all here talking to strangers on the internet.

Obviously we have nothing better to do with our time.

No surprise there - the Si has always been a North American product and hatches/wagons don't typically sell well in the USA. I think a Si hatch would be a nice option to have though, especially if it was $5K less than a GTI.

Whatever they do, I hope they give it a HP bump maybe more in line with the GTI power-wise to make it more competitive than the 10th gen Si was.
    The 10th gen Si was near equal in virtually every performance metric sans 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I don't think it needs much more power and it wont't get much more... It's also considerably cheaper than any GTI model (and will continue to be) making it a much better value proposition. If you're hoping for a 2.0T 11th gen Si, not going to happen.
    Last edited by LUV2REV; 06-25-2021 at 11:01 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

The Kia Stinger called, it wants its tail lights back.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    The Kia Stinger called, it wants its tail lights back.
    At least these ones are square to the body work. That angle/kink in the stinger tail lights is infuriating haha

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2REV View Post
    The 10th gen Si was near equal in virtually every performance metric sans 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I don't think it needs much more power and it wont't get much more... It's also considerably cheaper than any GTI model (and will continue to be) making it a much better value proposition. If you're hoping for a 2.0T 11th gen Si, not going to happen.
    They won't put the 2.0T in it, Honda seems to like that ~$30K price point for the Si. 220-230HP from the 1.5T is super easy to do and would still be a long ways from the R for the marketing folks. There was hardly anything differentiating the 10th gen Si from the regular Civic Sport so it would be nice to see it positioned more mid-way between the Sport and the R. I'm not holding my breath though, I think we'll be lucky to see a 5-10hp bump.

They won't put the 2.0T in it, Honda seems to like that ~$30K price point for the Si. 220-230HP from the 1.5T is super easy to do and would still be a long ways from the R for the marketing folks. There was hardly anything differentiating the 10th gen Si from the regular Civic Sport so it would be nice to see it positioned more mid-way between the Sport and the R. I'm not holding my breath though, I think we'll be lucky to see a 5-10hp bump.
    Agreed. Horsepower wise there was not a lot to differentiate the two. You're likely bang on with the 5-10HP bump. Perhaps Honda will stretch for an extra 15 over the 10th gen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2