Quantcast
The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Gladiator around Australia - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Gladiator around Australia

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Troop version is best land cruiser. Had one carry me up to treble cone back in the day.

My Ride
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Hi All,

I've been extremely busy in the last few weeks, including driving the world's most remote road with my Dad (video on that is still in the works), driving back 6,500km, returning the Gladiator to mostly stock and now selling it!

Here's a catch up:

Part 3 of my review series where I talk about the mistakes I made on the build and the lessons I've learned:

And now my "Final Thoughts" video as I've just sold the Jeep this morning:

It's been a HUGE adventure, and I'm scrambling to get back to Canada before Christmas. There's a ton of snow on the ground, which is going to be a shock.

-Dan
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Amazing
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Hi All,

Tons of people have been asking why I choose to live in Canada.

Why would I subject myself to these freezing temperatures and nasty weather when I could be sitting on the beach in Australia... ?

It's a good question, and the topic of today's "Christmas Story" special video.

Join me on YouTube as I cross the world in 85 hours, spend time with an old friend and explain myself.

Also driving on snow & ice is completely insane.

I'm extremely thankful to have great winter tires!

https://youtu.be/119RHnGqe2A

-Dan

PS There is still one more mega video of Australian adventures to come.... But in the mean time I'm going to take a few weeks off YouTube. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

My Ride

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time, but I've finally finished editing the conclusion to the Australia expedition.

Even after all of the adventures above, there was one track that haunted my dreams, and I knew I would never, ever forgive myself if I didn't squeeze it in.

It was actually closed for a couple of years for COVID, and it only opened when I was about half way round Australia.. I really didn't think I would be able to squeeze it in before the tropical rains came that close the track for many, many months during the "wet".

Dad flew in to Perth, and together we tackled The Canning Stock Route, the world's most remote 4x4 track.

We drove 1,058 miles over 10 days without seeing a single vehicle or person on the track, and it was absolutely the most epic adventure of my life. The scale of the wilderness, the remoteness, the camels, the dunes and of course the massive tropical thunderstorm that nailed us.

This was an extremely intense experience, and something I'll never forget as long as I live

Thanks for joining the Australian Expedition!

-Dan

PS I'm hard at work building my next expedition vehicle, and saving money for the next international expedition. More to come!
    --
    --

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6