Quantcast
USA bails on Bagram - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: USA bails on Bagram

Default USA bails on Bagram

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gram-departure

They shut her down. Last 3,000 troops and within 20 minutes of shutting down the electricity it was looted clean by the masses.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Kinda funny the onion called it a decade ago.

I can imagine that the buildings themselves are worth a fortune. The concrete blocks they use aren't exactly Home depot quality. If someone took time to carefully take it apart you could probably get $15 for a Used concrete block off those military buildings.

Its a literal gold mine they left.

https://apnews.com/article/bagram-af...251aaaa167e623

"The big ticket items left behind include thousands of civilian vehicles, many of them without keys to start them, and hundreds of armored vehicles. Kohistani said the U.S. also left behind small weapons and the ammunition for them, but the departing troops took heavy weapons with them. Ammunition for weapons not being left behind for the Afghan military was blown up before they left."
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-06-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Chinese backs the Taliban and some fighters are trained by PLA. Given they are also buddy buddy with Pakistan and key piece of the BRI, the Chinese can't wait for Americans to leave.

They have already started to broker truce between Iran and Taliban. Taliban is probably going to ease off messing around in Xianjiang and $62B from China is ready for a Taliban controlled Afghanistan. Then a oil pipeline will flow from Iran thru Afghan into Xianjiang, probably at record pace so they don't have to go thru international waters.

Not sure what the American end game is but since Afghan took the Russian and Americans down a peg or two, I guess they let Chinese take a turn and hope they will run into the same fate.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

The same taliban that’s fighting US, was once taught jihad by… the US against its fight against USSR. Back then the US told and promised taliban that their fight was the right one and that their God promised them.

Last 20 years, US doubled down on ego, got in bed with multiple terrorist organizations and supported the same. Over 100,000 people dead and a war that has trillions wasted, it leaves with nothing. It’s actually Pakistan of all people who’s brought taliban, Afghan government and the US to the table to negotiate some dignified pull-out.

Now, China, Russia and other regional powers will take care of this by simply keeping a distance (while being in the same hood).

What will US do from here? It’ll get super cozy with India and try to support its agenda through various militant groups and so-called democracy.
    Last edited by ragu; 07-06-2021 at 06:24 PM.

My Ride
    Z

Unfortunate, Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan are really nice. I don't think I'll get to go in my lifetime
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter