Quantcast
Lotus Emira - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Emira

My Ride
    NC1

Beautiful car. Can you even get one if you wanted one without having to over pay? Probably not
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beautiful car. Can you even get one if you wanted one without having to over pay? Probably not
    Not unless you already own a Lotus and have a great relationship with them

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Anyone order one?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Give Shak a few months...
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

No black option, i'm out.

I saw that Carwow review today too - what a fantastic car. I dig the interior, especially the space behind the seats (can accommodate a bit more reclined position). The sound from that Toyota V6 is impressive too. I really like the last Lotus Evora, and I fit well in it, really the perfect car for what pushes my buttons with a vehicle. This is an improvement on that even. Tough call on which I'm going to get, 4 or 6, the dual clutch 4 is faster, but I doubt it sounds as good as the V6, and after being spoiled by the Lc500's sound, the exhaust notes are very important to me.

Lotus says that this is the last combustion motor car they'll make, every car/vehicle they build from this point forward is going to be 100% electric. Boo hiss. Another reason to grab one of these IMO and keep it.

My Ride
    ute

From the sounds of it, the 4 is the one to get. That makes sense to me and would be a great engine for the car. And it has a DSG instead of an auto

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The 4 is still an AMG. It won’t sound like a golf.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The 4 is still an AMG. It won’t sound like a golf.
    Actually it sounds worse IMO. The AMG CLA 45 sounds horrible. Still that's the version I would get as I have read several reviews and the 6-speed manual doesn't sound like it's a great manual transmission.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Actually it sounds worse IMO. The AMG CLA 45 sounds horrible. Still that's the version I would get as I have read several reviews and the 6-speed manual doesn't sound like it's a great manual transmission.
    Interesting, I really liked the sound of the AMG 45 engine (as far as 4cyl go, anyway).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Agree to disagree on that one. Can’t say I have heard a 4cyl that beats the AMG 45.

It’s not perfect. But it’s quite good.

I’d consider an Emira, probably not the launch version tho. The mid cycle spiced up version is what I would want.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-08-2022 at 09:57 AM.

fact.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Agree to disagree on that one. Can’t say I have heard a 4cyl that beats the AMG 45.

It’s not perfect. But it’s quite good.

I’d consider an Emira, probably not the launch version tho. The mid cycle spiced up version is what I would want.
    Yeah, it does sound good.

Unless you’re into the upper built K series engines at 9k - those are the best.

#fanboi
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The AMG engine is probably better, but I'd rather row the gears if given the choice. 2 tenths or whatever it is from 0-60 won't matter that much in this car. If you plan to track it only, then the DSG is the way to go.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Sounds like they were close to making a great car, but the GTS is still the one to get.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Sounds like they were close to making a great car, but the GTS is still the one to get.
    I think the 4 banger DSG is doing to be the one to get.

Lots of reviews have said that they detuned the 4 AMG motor for the Lotus by about 40 HP. I wonder how easy it'll be to get that "back" once they crack the car's electronics - if it's basically the same motor, then I would assume (ass you and mostly me) tuning it back to what it produces stock in the AMG 45 car, to the same in the new Lotus, shouldn't be difficult. Not that it's a big deal to me in terms of getting bonus HP "back" - As much as I dig DSG transmissions, if they offered a manual with the 4 AMG motor, I'd be pulling the trigger on that one.

Probably have to drive both in order to decide...if the 4 sounds even half way decent, it might sway my decision towards it. Either way, this is the car I've been waiting for. Yay.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Lots of reviews have said that they detuned the 4 AMG motor for the Lotus by about 40 HP. I wonder how easy it'll be to get that "back" once they crack the car's electronics - if it's basically the same motor, then I would assume (ass you and mostly me) tuning it back to what it produces stock in the AMG 45 car, to the same in the new Lotus, shouldn't be difficult. Not that it's a big deal to me in terms of getting bonus HP "back" - As much as I dig DSG transmissions, if they offered a manual with the 4 AMG motor, I'd be pulling the trigger on that one.

Probably have to drive both in order to decide...if the 4 sounds even half way decent, it might sway my decision towards it. Either way, this is the car I've been waiting for. Yay.
    Is storage sufficient to do some weekend trips?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Is storage sufficient to do some weekend trips?
    Heh, you're a mind reader. So far as I can tell the only storage is that small trunk in the rear, and the space behind the seats - it doesn't appear to have a "frunk" like other mid/rear engine 2 seaters. I think if you packed reasonably with appropriate soft luggage you could get away with some long weekend trips, so long as the missus doesn't bring 1/2 her shoe collection.

2d2AeVZQ is the code for the one I've spec'd out. I highly doubt I'll track it, tough decision on the suspension setup, touring would benefit 90 percent of the driving I/we would do with it, but not having the sport when some great road ends up in front of you, would kinda suck. Plus you can only get the Sport Cup 2 tires from the factory if you go with the sport setup.

I am surprised with Lotus being British and all, they don't offer a color called "British Racing Green".

I was close to a decision on my first ever BMW (couple year old M2), but I'm going to wait now for the Emira. Growing up the Lotus Esprit Turbo was my favorite "supercar", and I've always wanted a Lotus. The Evora is a great car too IMO, but I'm glad I've been patient on checking the "own a Lotus" box on the bucket list.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 06-10-2022 at 04:41 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Heh, you're a mind reader. So far as I can tell the only storage is that small trunk in the rear, and the space behind the seats - it doesn't appear to have a "frunk" like other mid/rear engine 2 seaters. I think if you packed reasonably with appropriate soft luggage you could get away with some long weekend trips, so long as the missus doesn't bring 1/2 her shoe collection.

2d2AeVZQ is the code for the one I've spec'd out. I highly doubt I'll track it, tough decision on the suspension setup, touring would benefit 90 percent of the driving I/we would do with it, but not having the sport when some great road ends up in front of you, would kinda suck. Plus you can only get the Sport Cup 2 tires from the factory if you go with the sport setup.

I am surprised with Lotus being British and all, they don't offer a color called "British Racing Green".

I was close to a decision on my first ever BMW (couple year old M2), but I'm going to wait now for the Emira. Growing up the Lotus Esprit Turbo was my favorite "supercar", and I've always wanted a Lotus. The Evora is a great car too IMO, but I'm glad I've been patient on checking the "own a Lotus" box on the bucket list.
    I'll look up the code when I get home

I would 100 percent get the touring 4. It's a lotus. It stood be a 4 anyway.

Edit:. The front doesn't even open at all I think.
    Last edited by Buster; 06-10-2022 at 05:02 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    Not unless you already own a Lotus and have a great relationship with them
    So not happening haha Would love to see one in person if a Beyonder gets one. Summer is here i think a meet is in order, everyone seems to have such nice rides
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast