Quantcast
Bought Car In Cali - Recommend Escrow Service - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bought Car In Cali - Recommend Escrow Service

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did you just give BAT carte blanche to get the car to you including import etc?

I’ve looked into this a number of times and essentially given up because it seems like too much effort to get things across the border.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

I’ve looked into this a number of times and essentially given up because it seems like too much effort to get things across the border.
    I think he's shipping the vehicle from California to Florida as per the original post. So he doesn't need to worry about it jumping the Canadian border.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did not see that. Never mind.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I think he's shipping the vehicle from California to Florida as per the original post. So he doesn't need to worry about it jumping the Canadian border.
    Correct. I'm based in south Florida currently. Everything with BaT went so well that I assumed paying a premium for their "shipping service" would be hands off on my part. I was a wrong. They essentially use RunBuggy to find transporters. It's an enclosed transport, I could have saved 20-30% by sourcing it myself. I will say that after I told them how shitty everything has been going, they have been hands on and seem to be taking control.

Next time I will source my own transportation.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    Correct. I'm based in south Florida currently. Everything with BaT went so well that I assumed paying a premium for their "shipping service" would be hands off on my part. I was a wrong. They essentially use RunBuggy to find transporters. It's an enclosed transport, I could have saved 20-30% by sourcing it myself. I will say that after I told them how shitty everything has been going, they have been hands on and seem to be taking control.

Next time I will source my own transportation.
    dang. with more notice I would have transported it for you. I wanna go to Florida myself to see the FF. Even if I can't get in, I wanna get a pic of the front gate.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

When’s it slotted you arrive to you?

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    dang. with more notice I would have transported it for you. I wanna go to Florida myself to see the FF. Even if I can't get in, I wanna get a pic of the front gate.
    I wish anyone would have transported this car other than the company that did.

FF? You can get in, I don't see why you can't. You just can't drive over the border, but can certainly fly.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    When’s it slotted you arrive to you?
    It arrived today. Long story short, I was in Key Largo over the weekend on a little vacation, the car was supposed to be arriving today at 3pm, but the guy was early, I get back from the pool and see 17 missed calls on my phone, multiple voicemails and then get a call from the owner of the transportation company, trying to get me to leave my vacation a day early to meet the driver because he has another pickup. After telling him no, he asks if it would be OK to leave the car in a parking lot somewhere and I can get it later. At this point I'm doing everything I can not to curse him out and tell him what I think of him. I get home and see the transporter outside my house, he pulls the car out and drives away.

No damage other than some scratches on the paint, honestly, it's 55 years old, I didn't expect it to be perfect and I'm OCD anyway, so it's going to get some TLC in the coming months.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post

FF? You can get in, I don't see why you can't. You just can't drive over the border, but can certainly fly.
    Freedom Factory. Cleetus McFarland (Garrett) is a youtuber that bought an old race track down there and renamed it the freedom factory. Typical 'murica attitude, but he is entertaining.

It arrived today. Long story short, I was in Key Largo over the weekend on a little vacation, the car was supposed to be arriving today at 3pm, but the guy was early, I get back from the pool and see 17 missed calls on my phone, multiple voicemails and then get a call from the owner of the transportation company, trying to get me to leave my vacation a day early to meet the driver because he has another pickup. After telling him no, he asks if it would be OK to leave the car in a parking lot somewhere and I can get it later. At this point I'm doing everything I can not to curse him out and tell him what I think of him. I get home and see the transporter outside my house, he pulls the car out and drives away.

No damage other than some scratches on the paint, honestly, it's 55 years old, I didn't expect it to be perfect and I'm OCD anyway, so it's going to get some TLC in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got it in the end!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2