Quantcast
Swift Current RCMP officer gets charged with 2 DUIs in 16 hours - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Swift Current RCMP officer gets charged with 2 DUIs in 16 hours

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Default Swift Current RCMP officer gets charged with 2 DUIs in 16 hours

Getting 2 DUIs in less than a day is quite a feat, and a cop to boot. Terrific.

https://www.swiftcurrentonline.com/l...paired-driving

A Saskatchewan RCMP officer has been charged with two counts of Operation while impaired, Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code, and one count of Failure or refusal to comply with demand, Section 320.15(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.

On July 27, 2021, at approximately 10 p.m., Swift Current Rural RCMP received a complaint of an impaired driver in Waldeck, SK. After investigation, the officers arrested Kevin Granrude at the scene.

Kevin Granrude was held overnight in police custody and released on July 28, 2021, with conditions and an indefinite administrative driver’s license suspension.

On July 28, 2021, at approximately 1:45 p.m., Swift Current Rural RCMP received a complaint of a vehicle driving erratically on Highway #1. Officers located the vehicle and stopped it near Rush Lake, SK. A roadside approved screening device test was performed, which the driver of the vehicle failed. As a result, Kevin Granrude was arrested and held in custody.

Kevin Granrude was not on duty and was not in a police vehicle in either incident. The vehicles involved in both incidents were impounded. He appeared in provincial court via telephone yesterday, July 29, 2021, in Swift Current, SK. He will next appear in court on August 18, 2021.

The Swift Current Rural RCMP is actively investigating the second incident. Additional charges are pending. The Saskatchewan RCMP say they are committed to transparency. As such, they wanted to release the details of both of these incidents as soon as possible. They will issue an update as soon as they are able to.

Kevin Granrude, a constable with Swift Current Combined Traffic Services of Saskatchewan with 15 years of service, will also be the subject of an RCMP Code of Conduct investigation. As a first step of the internal conduct process, he has been suspended with pay while RCMP are in the process of reviewing all available discipline measures. Information about the RCMP Act, which governs conduct, is available online here

“I understand hearing about incidents like this is very concerning to the public,” said Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore, Saskatchewan RCMP’s Commanding Officer. “I too share these concerns. These are not the standards we hold our police officers and employees to. The Saskatchewan RCMP will ensure these matters are thoroughly investigated.”

As this matter is now before the courts and subject to further criminal investigation and internal investigation, Saskatchewan RCMP are unable to provide additional details.
    Search his name, and you get this. Another impaired in 2015.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ired-1.3282184

An RCMP officer from Wollaston Lake has pleaded guilty to crashing an RCMP all-terrain vehicle while drunk and off duty.

Constable Kevin Granrude was fined $1,000 and given a one-year driving prohibition. He pleaded guilty to impaired driving. A second charge of driving over .08 was withdrawn.

The accident happened in the summer of 2014 when he was driving the ATV outside Wollaston at 1:30 in the morning.

It was not clear to investigators why he was driving it while off duty. The RCMP launched a code of conduct investigation, but the outcome has not been made public. Granrude had more than nine years service at the time of the crash.

Granrude -- who was not wearing a helmet -- was thrown from the ATV and suffered a serious head injury.

He was later transferred to Swift Current.
    That is outstanding.
    Last edited by SKR; 07-31-2021 at 03:44 AM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    V8s

Suspended with pay, love it.

My Ride
    Trucks

I would hope that’s the end of his employment with the rcmp. On a similar note, I’ve been working in Lake Louise most last week and one of the building maintenance guys was given a DUI for operating a skid steer on the street while drunk in the middle of the day, in a town packed with families and little kids running all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would hope that’s the end of his employment with the rcmp.
    Ha ha ha no.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Canada’s Finest.

I may have witnessed an RCMP officer hitting every shop around town looking for their cruiser yesterday lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

embarrassing....

Special treatment for the boys in blue!!

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by dromz View Post
    Special treatment for the boys in blue!!
    Politicians do far worse and people still vote for them.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Hilarious as I was getting the combine ready this morning and this story was making the rounds. Apparently this guy is the king of tint tickets around Swift.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    Hilarious as I was getting the combine ready this morning and this story was making the rounds. Apparently this guy is the king of tint tickets around Swift.
    He doesn't like not being able to see you when you drive by because he's drunk.