Quantcast
House Inspection? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: House Inspection?

My Ride
    Volvo

Default House Inspection?

Looking for a recommendation for a house inspector in Calgary for a new residential purchase. Specifically I need someone who will go into the garage attic and the house attic to inspect for any water damage or signs of water. The garage roof is very deteriorated and the house roof is not far behind. It’s too bad people let things get to that point. TIA

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Quote Originally Posted by whydontchathen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking for a recommendation for a house inspector in Calgary for a new residential purchase. Specifically I need someone who will go into the garage attic and the house attic to inspect for any water damage or signs of water. The garage roof is very deteriorated and the house roof is not far behind. It’s too bad people let things get to that point. TIA
    https://www.homeinspectionscalgary.ca/

I use these guys 99% if the time, most of my beyond clients have used them as well

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Odds on was great for me on JL’s recommendation. Really thorough and I found their report useful.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Volvo

Thank you Jordan! I’ll call them first thing tomorrow.

Do you know if they would go into an attic? I’m too old to do that, and the attic hatch is already ajar, so somebody’s been up there recently……..

Tks J!

My Ride
    *The First*

^I'd trust this. My clown didn't get on a ladder or look under exercise mats "because in the way" which would more accurately be "because I'm just here to take your $500 and help you complain about no stair railings on a deck that's still <24" from grade"... Asshole.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I used these guys a few weeks ago:

http://2020mhi.com/

My Ride
    Volvo

Tks to all of you! I’ll be phoning these recs tomorrow morning

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

There are so many disclaimers on these house inspector reports that I personally wouldnt even bother because all they do is wander around and make observations. If there are any problems with anything they can just point to the disclaimer and say wasnt visible during inspection. I can see if you are mobility limited or not too up on what to look for that it might be worth getting some assistance. Im interested to see if anyone will actually climb up into the attic space to check it out.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I used these guys a few weeks ago:

http://2020mhi.com/
    +1 for these guys....Lucas is a top guy, I don't know how many residential inspections he does now as his company has grown a lot, but his guys are all awesome too

I used 20/20 Master Home Inspections as well. Darren the owner is a home builder himself so he knows where corners are sometimes cut. I also really appreciated that he highlighted what was done well too, not just the bad stuff. I got a massive 77pg report full of photos, recommendations, etc. They have professional FLIR cameras, moisture sensors, a drone, etc. They get on the roof, went in the attic, even my garage attic. Super impressed with them and he spent a lot of time educating me on different features of the house. It was $500.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:49 AM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    There are so many disclaimers on these house inspector reports that I personally wouldnt even bother because all they do is wander around and make observations. If there are any problems with anything they can just point to the disclaimer and say wasnt visible during inspection. I can see if you are mobility limited or not too up on what to look for that it might be worth getting some assistance. Im interested to see if anyone will actually climb up into the attic space to check it out.
    Pretty much this, they're largely worthless but sometimes they find something worthwhile. Ours missed a whole bunch of unpermitted, non-code-compliant wiring that was easily visible.

The guys I hired did a hell of a lot more than walk around and look at stuff They took apart part of my furnace, HRV, cleaned my filters and showed me how to do it, removed the cover and inspected my entire electrical panel, tested my sump/lift, measured grades around the property, measured drafts around exterior doors, used infra-red to make sure my in-floor heating was all working properly, etc.

They'll never catch absolutely every little thing but for how cheap it is relative to the home cost, and for how much they do tell you, it's worth it IMO. Honestly the amount of questions I asked them and the education I got was worth the $500 alone haha.

^ That's actually totally awesome. Same price as all the other guys so might as well use them.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The guys I hired did a hell of a lot more than walk around and look at stuff They took apart part of my furnace, HRV, cleaned my filters and showed me how to do it, removed the cover and inspected my entire electrical panel, tested my sump/lift, measured grades around the property, measured drafts around exterior doors, used infra-red to make sure my in-floor heating was all working properly, etc.

They'll never catch absolutely every little thing but for how cheap it is relative to the home cost, and for how much they do tell you, it's worth it IMO. Honestly the amount of questions I asked them and the education I got was worth the $500 alone haha.
    These guys sound awesome and much better than the typical home inspectors. I would use these guys based on the description of what they do and the gear they use. (FLIR camera can see moisture in walls etc).
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Yep same for us. The highlighted the highs and lows and offered general feedback on how they would feel themselves buying. Tons of tech and a huge report with detailed images sent same day. My realtor recommended them.