Quantcast
The Acura Integra is Back For 2022 - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Acura Integra is Back For 2022

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple pics I took during my spring 98 visit to Acura of Edmonton. They had 8 Type Rs on the lot that day. I test drove one and almost bought.
    Blast from the past! + rep for you!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I don't remember the 1st gen being popular in the enthusiast crowd at all though. That was the early days of Acura when they were trying to market the upscale-ness of their brand, more than the sporty aspects (this was pre-NSX).
    The 1st gen actually sold better than the 2nd gen, oddly enough - although I agree, they were not a hit with the enthusiast crowd like the 2nd gen was. I think you're right: Back then they were considered more of a entry-level luxury commuting vehicle with a bit of sportiness, as opposed to the 2nd gen which really honed in on the sporty side.

But since that is the last model people remember, I think Honda could have played that up a bit and followed it up with a model that used today's technology to recapture the essence of what that 2nd gen was all about. Instead, it looks like they decided to release yet another awkward looking vehicle which doesn't seem to move the needle whatsoever in any respect at all, for what appears to be an unnecessary premium. They haven't recaptured the 2nd gen Integra at all, but more of the 1st gen which will end up being slower than the civic, a little sharper looking, but essentially costing more to move "up" into the Acura brand which imo has never achieved their goal of being viewed as an actual premium brand.

I expect this car to flop hard. The only thing it seems to have going for it is the Integra name, which shall be forever desecrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Blast from the past! + rep for you!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    But since that is the last model people remember, I think Honda could have played that up a bit and followed it up with a model that used today's technology to recapture the essence of what that 2nd gen was all about.
    I'm a little confused by this statement. Are you calling a 3rd gen a 2nd gen here by mistake, or are you actually saying the 2nd gen is the version of Integra that is remembered most? That doesn't really make sense to me. The 3rd gen spanned 94-01 and included the infamous Type-R. I'm not sure how the 2nd gen eclipses that at all.
    Last edited by Inzane; 05-05-2022 at 09:55 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My first car was a 1st gen, and ya it’s a commuter car. Really nothing sporty about it. 2nd gen brought some power with the GSR and a wee bit better handling, but still left a lot to be desired in the handling department. 3rd gen was magic, much improved torque with the gsr, understeer mostly dialed out. The type r was even more raw, spectacular turn in and even oversteer on demand. Just an amazing car. 4th gen RSX is kind of funny, people didn’t like it because it was too soft, but I felt it was perfect. It had the handling and power of the 3rd gen type r, but the suspension was more compliant so it wasn’t punishing as a DD. Vtec engagement was smoothened out so it had more power under the curve but it didn’t give you the vtec kick like in the older cars.

This new Integra to me is like the old Acura EL. Slightly upscale civic. Doesn’t conjure up any of the personality traits of any of the old Integras.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This new Integra to me is like the old Acura EL. Slightly upscale civic. Doesn’t conjure up any of the personality traits of any of the old Integras.
    I think you nailed it. But, we'll have to drive one to know for sure how it feels. I'm not holding my breath.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Stripper LT1 Camaro for $43k. Is it a good comparison for 450hp?
    Not comparable. Two different cars with different markets. American muscle has always been better HP/TQ value, if that's all your looking for. They were the same price as a civic in '96 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Not comparable. Two different cars with different markets. American muscle has always been better HP/TQ value, if that's all your looking for. They were the same price as a civic in '96 as well.
    So do you compare it to a BRZ? Or is it strictly FWD platforms. I don't even know what's available, does dodge still make the SRT Neon?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    I think the better comparison is how it’s peers are priced. What else does $45k get you these days?
    Hyundai Elantra N is $41k fully equipped and will blow the doors off this car. VW GTI Performance trim is $42k. This new Integra is pretty poor value for what it is.
    Last edited by heavyD; 05-05-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Hyundai Elantra N is $41k fully equipped and will blow the doors off this car. VW GTI Performance trim is $42k. This new Integra is pretty poor value for what it is.
    Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to Hyundai lately but the thought of an Elantra "blowing the doors off" anything is hilarious to me. Maybe they've come a long way since I've rented one in the past on trips.

My Ride
    V8s

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to Hyundai lately but the thought of an Elantra "blowing the doors off" anything is hilarious to me. Maybe they've come a long way since I've rented one in the past on trips.
    That's like saying you rented a 320i, and you can't imagine an M340i blowing the doors off anything. Apparently the Hyundai N cars are legit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Doesn’t the former head of M ( from when BMW’s were still good ) run the N program?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Good comparison below as all three vehicles I brought up are represented as the Civic Si is essentially the car we are discussing as it's identical to the Integra outside of styling. Forget that the Elantra N won the comparison and focus on the performance metrics. Civic Si/Integra is downright slow.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-gli-compared/

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Doesn’t the former head of M ( from when BMW’s were still good ) run the N program?
    Yes Albert Biermann is responsible for this car and other N models but I believe he no longer is in charge of this department as he retired and more of an advisor now.
    Last edited by heavyD; 05-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    That's like saying you rented a 320i, and you can't imagine an M340i blowing the doors off anything. Apparently the Hyundai N cars are legit.
    As I mentioned I haven't followed Hyundai too closely. So I didn't even realize they had made a "sporty" version of the Elantra.

My Ride
    V8s

As I mentioned I haven't followed Hyundai too closely. So I didn't even realize they had made a "sporty" version of the Elantra.
    I wasn't trying to be cunty, that was just a response to bring you up to speed. haha

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Thanks!

I'm a little confused by this statement. Are you calling a 3rd gen a 2nd gen here by mistake, or are you actually saying the 2nd gen is the version of Integra that is remembered most? That doesn't really make sense to me. The 3rd gen spanned 94-01 and included the infamous Type-R. I'm not sure how the 2nd gen eclipses that at all.
    Sorry, my lack of knowledge is showing. I actually forgot there was another gen in there, and was basically lumping the gen 1 and gen 2 into the same segment. I drove in a 1st gen before, but never really paid much attention until they came out with the 3rd gen.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Need to bring back the Acura Vigor.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Need to bring back the Acura Vigor.
    Not sure if you are serious. It was a good car, but nothing special. The Legend, on the other hand...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cars are not a serious topic.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Not sure if you are serious. It was a good car, but nothing special. The Legend, on the other hand...
    5 cylinder longitudinal engine is pretty cool. Those were the good old days before the Japanese automakers were taken over by bean counters.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    4th gen RSX is kind of funny, people didn’t like it because it was too soft, but I felt it was perfect. It had the handling and power of the 3rd gen type r, but the suspension was more compliant so it wasn’t punishing as a DD. Vtec engagement was smoothened out so it had more power under the curve but it didn’t give you the vtec kick like in the older cars.
    I thought people didn't like RSX losing the wishbone front.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast