Quantcast
The Acura Integra is Back For 2022 - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Acura Integra is Back For 2022

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's like saying you rented a 320i, and you can't imagine an 340i M Sport* blowing the doors off anything. Apparently the Hyundai N cars are legit.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

The other good thing about hyundai is it will burn your house down so you can get an upgrade, as long as you survive. #parkthatgarbageonthestreet
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Hyundai Elantra N is $41k fully equipped and will blow the doors off this car. VW GTI Performance trim is $42k. This new Integra is pretty poor value for what it is.
    Those sound like the most directly comparable FWD cars. I know it’s not a fair comparison as it was a few years ago, but the current gen Civic Type R was only $41k MSRP in 2017 and increased to $46k in 2021.

Also I’m not a Subaru fan but it looks like the new WRX (which hasn’t really improved from the WRX265 in 2009) is better value too. The top of the line WRX is $40k MSRP and comes with AWD and 271hp.

My Ride
    Bicycle

At that price point, they should drop in a detuned 2.0T in there.

My Ride
    Silverado

Would much rather buy a few year old 6-6

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Would much rather buy a few year old 6-6
    You can’t compare an STi beating muscle car to the integra.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Really weird to compare an American muscle car to the integra.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

5 cylinder longitudinal engine is pretty cool. Those were the good old days before the Japanese automakers were taken over by bean counters.
    It was. And it allowed for handling that I recall was pretty fantastic for a sedan of that era.

But I don't remember it being quick. Guess 5 cylinders is better than 4, and let's face it... not many cars were actually quick back then.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    It was. And it allowed for handling that I recall was pretty fantastic for a sedan of that era.

But I don't remember it being quick. Guess 5 cylinders is better than 4, and let's face it... not many cars were actually quick back then.
    We look back fondly on those B-series VTEC engines of the 90's but man those cars were slow relative to today's vehicles. Cars like the 300ZX, Supra TT, and 3000GT, would be merely quick today but not fast.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

We look back fondly on those B-series VTEC engines of the 90's but man those cars were slow relative to today's vehicles. Cars like the 300ZX, Supra TT, and 3000GT, would be merely quick today but not fast.
    I wouldn’t even say quick. Rode in a 300zx TT last year, and as a passenger felt like it was modern GTI slow.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I wouldn’t even say quick. Rode in a 300zx TT last year, and as a passenger felt like it was modern GTI slow.

Need to keep things in perspective and relative to the era and class of cars. If say for ease of discussion we throw cars in rough categories of 0-60 times, say 4.0-4.9, 5.0-5.9, 6.0-6-9 etc.... a 300ZXTT and its peers were generally in the 5.0-5.9s bracket. A healthy, maintained "stock" 300ZXTT should be in that range, although (for any car) Calgary's 3500 ft elevation might factor in a bit.

I have no idea how quick a "modern GTI" is. If you said ~5.5s-ish, then ok... your observation is not out of line. But if GTIs are typically a ~ 6.5s car, then the 300ZXTT should've felt quicker.

But if you're saying 5.5s is not quick (ie. slow)... well that's another discussion really, right? When exotics used to impress us with sub-5s 0-60s but now EVs are pushing close to 2s, etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m just comparing butt dyno of an old supercar to a modern sporty econobox. No idea what the 0-60 or 1/4 mile is like. Yea we’re fucking spoiled with cars today.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    My first car was a 1st gen, and ya it’s a commuter car. Really nothing sporty about it. 2nd gen brought some power with the GSR and a wee bit better handling, but still left a lot to be desired in the handling department. 3rd gen was magic, much improved torque with the gsr, understeer mostly dialed out. The type r was even more raw, spectacular turn in and even oversteer on demand. Just an amazing car. 4th gen RSX is kind of funny, people didn’t like it because it was too soft, but I felt it was perfect. It had the handling and power of the 3rd gen type r, but the suspension was more compliant so it wasn’t punishing as a DD. Vtec engagement was smoothened out so it had more power under the curve but it didn’t give you the vtec kick like in the older cars.

This new Integra to me is like the old Acura EL. Slightly upscale civic. Doesn’t conjure up any of the personality traits of any of the old Integras.
    I had both a basic integra and a type S. And I test drove at least 2 type R. The type S is more refined in all aspects. But Id take the Type R any day. The heart wants what the heart wants. Specs, reliability, handling, power, numbers, etc. has no meaning when it comes to down to feelings.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

So I snagged an Elite A-SPEC™ MT for a week to do a review on it. Crazy that the carbon package is $4500 for some mirror covers, a little trunk lid, and some skirt accents.

Interior is pretty swanky. Seats are very comfortable (im 6'5") and I love that the lumbar can be adjusted vertically. Quite peppy and fun to drive. The only thing that keeps throwing me off is the button activated parking brake.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    So I snagged an Elite A-SPEC™ MT for a week to do a review on it. Crazy that the carbon package is $4500 for some mirror covers, a little trunk lid, and some skirt accents.

Interior is pretty swanky. Seats are very comfortable (im 6'5") and I love that the lumbar can be adjusted vertically. Quite peppy and fun to drive. The only thing that keeps throwing me off is the button activated parking brake.
    Where can I like and smash that subscribe button?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Where can I like and smash that subscribe button?
    Dont get too excited. Im just taking notes on it for a week and then a writer from Post Media will craft the actual article.

My Ride

My observations after bombing around in an A-Spec for a week:

Exterior/Aesthetics:

• Legacy design is underwhelming, 4 doors on an Integra just doesn’t make sense. Looks like a dressed-up Honda Crosstour. *EDIT: Im a moron and did not realize that yes, Acura released multiple 4 door integras in the past.
    • As with all Acuras, there is little to distinguish the front end from any other current model in the lineup. (They all look the same)
    • Not a fan the imprinted lettering on the front bumper (cheapens the car in my opinion).
    • Carbon package is very expensive ($4500) for mirror covers and trunk lip, would be better value if rear diffuser and side skirts were also carbon fiber.
    • Headlights are fantastic at nighttime, especially for backroad driving as the wide projection highlights ditches very well to spot wildlife.

Drivetrain:

• Very surprised with pleasing performance for a 1.5l inline 4 engine. It is a fun car to drive. Nice to see a car with a manual option.
    • Rev matching was a nice feature for smoother and faster downshifts.
    • Great fuel economy, averaged 5.6l/100km with mix of city and highway driving.
    • Unsure of drive modes/what they do to change the car setup other than changing dash lights, louder fake engine noise through speakers in sport mode, and the engine not turning off while stopped at lights while in sport mode.

Interior/Technology:

• Touchscreen UX is intuitive and the screen was very responsive to gentle touch. Seemed very high quality.
    • Acura watch blind spot system was helpful for changing lanes in dense traffic.
    • Front seats were very comfortable for me (I’m 6’5”). Vertical adjustment of the lumbar was amazing. My wife (who is not a car enthusiast at all) also found the seats very comfortable.
    • Rear-facing carseats would be a challenge for families due to small rear bench space. No issues getting toddler in and out of a forward-facing carseat.
    • Adjustable backup camera and windshield speedometer projector are nice touches.
    • Front vents seem a bit delicate/breakable.
    • Decent amount of trunk storage, especially if rear seats are folded down.

Conclusion:

Overall, I think you get a lot of car for the $$$ if you can get over the lack of styling considerations given the name’s history
    Last edited by cycosis; 08-17-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Have you driven a newer Civic Si? I just can't see the $10k in "value" over it's lesser twin...

The aged ILX got a lot of shit, but at least it could be had for a pittance more & the K20 + DCT was/is fantastic, IMHO.

I've had 2 new Acura's now & the diamond-eye led-whatever headlights are indeed fantastic.
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 08-16-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Not Integra specific but I'm pretty sure the new TLX... in the Type S trim - Man that is a good looking car. I did a double look the first time I saw one..

Anyhow, I think Acura makes some really good looking vehicles, too bad they can't get the engines together to really compete with the Germans.

Edit: just looked, the type S has a 13.7 quarter mile, meanwhile the m340 is 12.3. I know theres a price difference and all, and electric cars will kill them both but thats just a massive gap for cars that are kind of competing.
    Last edited by riander5; 08-16-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    • Not a fan the imprinted lettering on the front bumper (cheapens the car in my opinion).
    That's the one thing on the car that is actually a callback to the 3rd gen Integra.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast