Rimac Nevera 1/4 mile times - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rimac Nevera 1/4 mile times

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Rimac Nevera 1/4 mile times

Crazy fast!

My Ride
    ute

It's hard to accurately describe the complete non-emotion I get watching these electric cars do their thang.

I think I've figured it out. You know when you see a concept car that is a rolling concept: body, but no engine in it? You look at them with a sense of "whatever". That's exactly my response when I see these electric cars.

It's also going to be interesting watching the car media/youtube environment change over the next few years. Basically, the straight line speed party trick is going to take 5 seconds of a car review. There is no point talking about drivetrain since they are all the same shit. So car appeal is going to come down to interior and exterior design. Whoopee.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's also going to be interesting watching the car media/youtube environment change over the next few years. Basically, the straight line speed party trick is going to take 5 seconds of a car review. There is no point talking about drivetrain since they are all the same shit. So car appeal is going to come down to interior and exterior design. Whoopee.
    I think you're describing only the next few years. Once the space gets more crowded, I think automakers will have to focus attention on differentiating the drivetrain (power unit?), and we'll continue to see innovation. I can't project what it'll look like (not that type of engineer), but I'm sure it will get interesting... it will just look different than ICE innovation has over the last couple decades, which has been awesome.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I think you're describing only the next few years. Once the space gets more crowded, I think automakers will have to focus attention on differentiating the drivetrain (power unit?), and we'll continue to see innovation. I can't project what it'll look like (not that type of engineer), but I'm sure it will get interesting... it will just look different than ICE innovation has over the last couple decades, which has been awesome.
    We'll see, but I don't think so.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

It's hard to accurately describe the complete non-emotion I get watching these electric cars do their thang.

I think I've figured it out. You know when you see a concept car that is a rolling concept: body, but no engine in it? You look at them with a sense of "whatever". That's exactly my response when I see these electric cars.

wow that dude is annoying lol the way he says rimac over and over

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

He's correct in this about all the drivetrains basically being the same. The change focus will have to go to handling while also maintaining current NVH levels, which will be the biggest party trick indeed.

Interiors are also largely becoming unified, with competition being for the best interface. Then after that the next big thing is figure out how to sustainably track an electric car, because it isn't so practical at this time.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Best interface is going to be the Hummer, but that’s because they hired the guys who did all the Marvel UI’s in the MCU to do it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.