Quantcast
Medical leave request. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Medical leave request.

Maybe try contacting Dr. Matthew Cook?
    I have only heard him on Ben Greenfield's podcast. But I believe he does phone consults.
    Portion of the podcast was on back and knees. Worth a listen.

https://bioresetpodcast.com/killing-...r-matt-cook-2/

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Thanks for the info all. I’ll dig into it a bit today.
    Time keeps moving on and on and on
    Soon we'll all be gone.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck back surgery is scary shit...

I personally was told I needed it a 25 years ago by one doctor, but then another I trusted said to try and avoid it in any way possible as long as you can. Do chiro, massage, acupuncture, or anything non-drug related until you have exhausted all hope before getting surgery. I still have periods of trouble with my back to be sure but for the most part it has been manageable with work and I have yet to get the surgery.

Yes I know people who have had great improvements to their lives from it but I also know others who have ended up way worse off and now live an incredibly debilitated life. One guy even committed suicide after the results and living in such pain and an incredibly limited existence after having surgery go wrong.

Truly make sure it is 100% necessary because it can, and does go wrong for enough people that it warrants a lot of research and dedication. That kind of shit you can't come back from if you are one of the unlucky where as you may be able to manage quite well with some work and changes in how you do some things.
    Jeesh, are you going to tell him about the chances of death from the anesthesia the day before he goes under the knife

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Jeesh, are you going to tell him about the chances of death from the anesthesia the day before he goes under the knife
    Not gonna lie... I am already freaked about that. I have never went under general anesthesia before.
    Soon we'll all be gone.

Done it 5 times now and one epidural for the last one. I don't think epidural is an option for back surgery.

Literally, you have full control. Can walk out of the er if you change your mind last minute. Probably puts your 2nd surgery very low on list but it is an option.

Just know you have some options. I ask not to have arms strapped down until I'm asleep. Advocate for yourself. Worst they can say is no.

Can tell nurses in the pre-surgery room you're very nervous or if you're panic attacking let them know. There's drugs for that.

OR nurses and docs are a different breed. Pretty light hearted and jokes all around. Anesthesiologists are funny too but maybe that's the gas in the mask haha.

I also ask for zofran for anti-nausea after surgery. They load you up with that and reduces your risk of vomiting post surgery. Just try to explain all your pain, symptoms, worries to the staff as they can't read minds.

After surgery, you'll be very cold. They'll take good care of you. That is the oddest part is coming out of surgery. Your different senses connect to your brain at different rates. Hearing, sight, smell, etc. Some people get very emotional even weeks after can feel like crying or anger or depression. It's all normal.

Geez I should be a pre surgery consultant. Haha

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Not gonna lie... I am already freaked about that. I have never went under general anesthesia before.
    Before my back surgery , I asked the anesthesiologist and she suggested it was 1 per 150,000 have some type of issue but, there are usually underlying conditions that contribute to it. You probably have a higher chance of getting into a small fender bender driving home from the hospital after the surgery.

Just take a lot of comfort knowing that the pain you feel walking into the OR is going to be totally gone when you wake up. It's an amazing feeling to hobble into a room with constant pain in your back, legs, groin and tight muscles that haven't been relaxed for months and then waking up and realizing your foot/leg isn't numb and your groin doesn't feel like someone is hitting it with a hammer. I had 3 back surgeries and after the first one, I made sure to try and remember how miserable I felt walking into that OR and what exactly my symptoms were and then comparing to how I felt a few hours after waking up. Even though your back will be in pain from the incision, you will immediately notice that all those other nerve related problems are gone.

If you have issues with hard poops, make sure you take some Metamucil with you to eat with meals at the hospital. The pain killers constipate you and it's pretty easy to have issues. I was in more pain from the constipation than from the surgery and almost had to to back into the hospital.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Wow OP that sounds super aggressive, good luck man. As far as anesthesia goes, if something actually goes wrong you'll never know anyway but it's rare. Personally I've never thought twice about it. Good luck getting healthy, that's a rough go.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Thanks for the words of wisdom all.

yah, I just need to get this done and put it all behind me. Hopefully sooner than later. Most days consist of me just laying around. I hired out snow removal for my place from mid-December onwards because I can't do that crap. It's actually very nice.

I just want to get it done and get back to doing stuff I actually want to do.
    Soon we'll all be gone.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Thanks for the words of wisdom all.

yah, I just need to get this done and put it all behind me. Hopefully sooner than later. Most days consist of me just laying around. I hired out snow removal for my place from mid-December onwards because I can't do that crap. It's actually very nice.

I just want to get it done and get back to doing stuff I actually want to do.
    Holy! If you don't mind sharing what is going on with your back?
    I ruptured some discs in my low back over a decade ago, what a treat it has been.
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Holy! If you don't mind sharing what is going on with your back?
    I ruptured some discs in my low back over a decade ago, what a treat it has been.
    Some issues with my lower back, around the tailbone area. They could see it on the xrays or whatever medical imaging I went thru. Been kind of fighting with it since Sept. 2020, but it only became unmanageable around the beginning of August. Went to a doctor in Jan. 2021 but that visit went literally nowhere, seemed like he didn't really care. Surgeon I had a consult with confirmed with my doctor @ end of August and put me on a waitlist for the surgery. Apparently the operation itself isn't too horrible but the recovery isn't fun. Have to get the homecare nurses to stop by every day for a couple weeks they tell me.
    Soon we'll all be gone.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Some issues with my lower back, around the tailbone area. They could see it on the xrays or whatever medical imaging I went thru. Been kind of fighting with it since Sept. 2020, but it only became unmanageable around the beginning of August. Went to a doctor in Jan. 2021 but that visit went literally nowhere, seemed like he didn't really care. Surgeon I had a consult with confirmed with my doctor @ end of August and put me on a waitlist for the surgery. Apparently the operation itself isn't too horrible but the recovery isn't fun. Have to get the homecare nurses to stop by every day for a couple weeks they tell me.
    Yikes, makes me feel grateful I only have a couple of banged up discs. Good luck, I hope that the surgery drastically improves the quality of your life.
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

Get your things in order prior. You'll never get it all done 100%
    Clean up your house of tripping hazards.
    Put things so you're not bending to get them.
    Do any errands or running around you need. Expect you won't be leaving the house for a month nor feel up to doing much.
    Pick up snacks to eat in middle of the night so you're not taking meds on empty stomach. Handful of Costco mixed nuts or something. Unsure if you're on your own but maybe buy soups or easy to make food.

After surgery, set repeating alarms on phone to keep pain meds taken around the clock.
    Those are the tips I can think of right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2