Quantcast
Westjet Vacations Cancellation policy now? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Westjet Vacations Cancellation policy now?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Westjet Vacations Cancellation policy now?

I feel like a moron, but I couldn't find this on the WJ vacations website. For flight+hotel package vacations booked now, what's the cancellation policy? Meaning, what's the policy for ME to cancel a vacation and get original payment back? I feel like that's got to be on the website, but I didn't see it.

It's very obvious that they have more lenient flight cancellation policy these days, but I can't find the info for the vacation packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Is this for an existing booked holiday or future?

Whenever I try and look at WJ vacations for future dates, the next to months show N/A and then everything after October is blank.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I feel like a moron, but I couldn't find this on the WJ vacations website. For flight+hotel package vacations booked now, what's the cancellation policy? Meaning, what's the policy for ME to cancel a vacation and get original payment back? I feel like that's got to be on the website, but I didn't see it.

It's very obvious that they have more lenient flight cancellation policy these days, but I can't find the info for the vacation packages.
    I think the more generous cancellation policy ended on June 30th. It's back to the old policy for anything book July 1 onward for flights or vacations.

Pick the "Cancellations" tab and scroll down this page to WJ Vacations cancellation fees: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/flight...481724947358-2

Code:
    Cancel within 24 hours of booking

Vacation cancellations will be accepted within 24 hours of booking for no fee. The full amount of the package, or deposit paid, including refundable fees such as seat selection, will be fully refunded to the original form of payment.

For vacations purchased on or after September 17, 2018

Cancellations will be accepted 25 days or more before departure, subject to a $250 CAD cancellation fee per guest.
    Vacations booked with round-trip Premium fares will not be charged the cancellation fee.
    Hotel and other suppliers also have cancellation fees that may be applicable. The remainder of the booking price will be refunded back to the original form of payment.
    Cancellations made 21 - 24 days before departure will result in 50% forfeit of the amount paid.
    Cancellations made less than 21 days before departure will result in 100% forfeit of the amount paid.

to cancel your vacation, please contact WestJet Vacations during business hours.

Fare option	Cancellations 25 days or more prior to departure	Cancellations made 21-24 days before departure	Cancellations less than 21 days to departure
    Economy Cabin

250 CAD per guest

50% of package price

Non-refundable

Premium Cabin

No fee

50% of package price

Non-refundable

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think this is the relevant portion:
    Travel Protection Plan for WestJet Vacations booked after August 4, 2020 
    Protect your travel plans when you book vacation packages or land-only bookings to destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean.

One-time Change Fee Waived
    Changes to departure dates, destinations, room categories or occupancy can be made up until 3 days before departure, subject to hotel and flight availability.

If you change your vacation to a higher-priced vacation package or land-only booking, you will need to pay the additional amount. If your new package is lower in price, the difference in price will be forfeited.
    Cancellation Fee Waived
    Cancellations made 25 days or more before departure on vacation packages or before the first hotel's check-in on land-only bookings, will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Cancellations made 24 - 21 days before departure on vacation packages or before the first hotel's check-in on land-only bookings, will result in a 50% refund to original form of payment and 50% refund to WestJet dollars.

Cancellations made 20 days to 24 hours before departure on vacation packages or before the first hotel's check-in on land-only bookings, will result in 100% refund to WestJet dollars.
    Although I'm not certain if the is ANY vacation package PLUS land-only bookings in Mexico and Caribbean, or Vacation or land only bookings ONLY for Mexico and Caribbean.

I'm looking at a Vegas trip as well as a Mexico trip, so wondering if it's the same policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

What ES posted is what I read when I booked my November Mexico trip around June.

I don't remember anything about a $250 CAD cancellation fee per guest as Benyl posted.