Quantcast
Bowflex Spin Bike - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bowflex Spin Bike

Default Bowflex Spin Bike

Does anyone have the Bowflex C6 Spin bike? Looking for personal reviews.
    Have tried to compare it to the Peloton, Echelon and a road bike setup, and I like the sounds of this one.
    Thanks

I have the Schwin IC4 which is the exact same as the Bowflex, just different branding on it and usually costs a few hundred less. The magnetic resistance is smooth and quiet. If you are tall or have longer legs, the cupholders or hand weight holder might get in your way, you can just not install them if you don't need them. You can adjust all 4 corners of the base for stability. I've had mine for about a year now I think? We've had no problems with it at all.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have a C6, but yeah the IC4 is literally the identical bike, Bowflex even confirms this. Buy whichever is on sale cheaper but its usually the IC4. I like mine, been good and no issues so far. Took a bit of adjusting to get it to feel right since it has 4 spots for adjustment. You can still sign up for the peleton classes and run them, only difference is you can't place on the leaderboard but the C6 /w peleton subscription is a third of the cost as a peleton bike /w peleton sub. It's laughably stupid. Only annoyance is the resistance numbers use a different scale but you can google C6 to peleton and there's a print out I just stuck to the bike. 2000$ savings for a sticker is a no brainer.

There's a surprisingly active sub for the bike if you wanna dig. Though be mindful lots of people only post issues for support so take it with a grain of salt.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SchwinnIC4_BowflexC6/

If you ride with cycling shoes, you may want to look into changing the pedals to some better cycling ones with the dedicated SPD or SPD-SL clips. The ones that come with the bike has cages on one side for regular shoes and the flip side you can clip in with SPD clips but I have heard they are not great and sometimes the pedals loosen up over time or start to make noises. I changed mine out immediately and have had no issues.

My Ride
    This and that.

Same company Nautilus owns both Bowflex and Schwinn so they are identical.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Quote Originally Posted by bulaian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you ride with cycling shoes, you may want to look into changing the pedals to some better cycling ones with the dedicated SPD or SPD-SL clips. The ones that come with the bike has cages on one side for regular shoes and the flip side you can clip in with SPD clips but I have heard they are not great and sometimes the pedals loosen up over time or start to make noises. I changed mine out immediately and have had no issues.
    This. We have a Bowflex C6 at home as my wife's setup. She loves it. We didn't even install the pedals that came with it. You'll notice there's lots of issues with the pedals/cranks stripping, so beware of that. I think this is partially due to shitty pedal or crank material, and partially due to people not reading instructions on how to install the pedals (left hand thread for left side, right hand thread for right side). I've ridden it a few times - very solid bike. I'm 6' tall and need the handlebars almost as far forward as possible for clearance out of the saddle. My wife uses it with the peloton app and really enjoys the workouts peloton offers. Looked at the Peloton bike originally but at that time it required the premium membership ($60/month or something?) and the bike itself was much more expensive also.