Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: The Matrix Resurrections

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it woke garbage?
    Yes.

Not only that, when you watch a movie. It has a beginning, middle and end. The same goes for scenes and fight sequences. There are key moments in scenes that are pivotal. For example, when neo blocks a punch and holds it. There is a pause. A gasp. The audience connects the dots. The music changes. The pace in that moment slows down. It is a key moment in the story. Well in this movie. It does not happen.
    The scenes are not cinematic at all. The cameras constantly changing angles like a TV show. When actors are talking, there is too much dialogue, the camas are close up to the face. The lighting is too dramatic and over saturated with lens glare and and hard shadows. When characters are introduced they suddenly tell their entire pity party life story in the first few seconds. Or they tell a whole backstory to fill big plot gaps. This happens a lot. As a audience watching, this is shit. A similar thing happened with the new Star Wars.
    Take the first matrix movie when neo stops bullets. I could feel the hair at the back of my neck rising. Its magical. Or when the helicopter crashes into the building, its a scene in itself. Thats wow. In this movie, its just boom boom lets get on with it. Its not cinematic.

Lets do a comparison. I was watching Star-Trek, The Wrath of Khan just before this. That was good. In that movie you see how a story is told without too much dialogue. Facial expressions, cinematic camera angles, having both actors in the screen talking and not switching to the face multiple times. Wide angles and letting the characters move the story forward. Very simple script. Pauses in moments. In this matrix movie, the special effects move the story forward.

Characters. The Characters are... shit. In a movie, each character has a role to play. Small support characters can really amplify the main characters.
    Take the first three Starwars, each character was strong and played a role. Luke, Han solo etc. There are no real strong characters in each role. Or should I put it, no strong male characters. No strong female characters either. Don't get me wrong, I love strong female leads or sub leads in movies if they are done well. Take Aliens, Kill Bill, Terminator 2, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Silence of the Lambs(Jodie Foster) etc. This is not like that. The characters in this Matrix movie were made to be equal. Rather than focusing on the differences and amplifying the differences and making them strong. This is shit. No strong support characters.

There was nothing original or ominous about the bad characters. In the original, Agent Amith wore sunglasses. No eye contact. His voice, how he said the words, the way he moved and his suit created a character that sent shivers. In the new movie, the bad guy looks like someone who made a lot of money in bitcoin, has a poor dress sense and only buys his clothes from H&M.

I have no idea what that story or plot was in this movie. Hell, I could have written a better script with a Chicken Vindaloo theme as the Red Pill and the toilet as a means to escape that Matrix. I mean.. can you imagine Neo or Trinity running around trying to find a washroom? Hell that would have made more sense and been more entertaining.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the first act but the rest was ok. It's definitely not better than 2 or 3 imo. At least those had great visuals and the car chase scene in 2 was really good.
    I like 2 the best. Also Monica Belluci
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I liked the part where Neo used his shield ability, and then did it again, and again...and again...

Woo boy this movie was bad. I get he wasn't fully back to form, yada yada yada but that's only a small piece of the problem.

Movie felt dull, overly self aware in a bad way early on, the plot is ??? rehashed pointlessness, magnetic balls morpheus was ???, too many throwbacks in a bad way, on and on and on.

The last scene was fucking cringe.

My Ride
    Lease

x100, joining the watched it, not a fan club. (since ppl posting bits of spoiler, not much of a movie to spoil)

Can't help to ponder it felt like a side film spin off John Wick's character, set between the era when Wick gave Santino his Marker, and now Wick is trying to navigate through civilian life. Then Wick gets a job as a game designer, but is always on pain killers (shrooms? lsd?) that causes all these hallucinations from PTSD of past assignments.

The real Matrix for me to decipher is, did he agree to such horrendous script because Keanu just being the good guy that he is? Or was he just conveniently in neighbouring studios doing John Wick 4, no hair or make-up change required.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Watched it last night, not great but I don't think it deserves quite the bad reviews its getting. That meta bit at the start about Warner Bros making a sequel "with or without you" was kind of amusing.

It was a solid 6/10.

Didnt like it. lucky i watched it at home and not at the theater lol

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Was it entertaining? Sure.

But it really just felt flat and no substance. I am sure somewhere people are coming up with theories about the first movies and this movie.

And I get you can never make sequels as good as the first.

But I am glad I didn't pay to see this movie and watched it from the comfort of my couch.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    But it really just felt flat and no substance. I am sure somewhere people are coming up with theories about the first movies and this movie.
    The best theory I've heard so far is that Wachowski was told Matrix is getting a reboot whether they're involved or not, so purposefully made a shitty sequel.

That explains the Resurrection anyways, but doesn't explain why the second and third films were also shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The problem is everything scene is almost all recycled from the 1st movie, except worse.

Worse fights. Worse CGs. And wrote in a new plot elements to save on CG budget all because they don't want to have a billion agents in swarm mode.

I don't hate it but at least it's not as messy as 2 and 3.

The Matrix Unreal Engine 5 demo on PS5 is more impressive than the movie.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Or maybe a broken clock is right twice a day, and the Matrix was only accidentally good.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I am definitely not watching it. Ever.
    It'll ruin my positive opinion and current mindset of The Matrix lol.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I am definitely not watching it. Ever.
    It'll ruin my positive opinion and current mindset of The Matrix lol.
    In my head, only the original Matrix and Animatrix is canon. Everything else ruined it.

My Ride
    ute

Bound was good. Matrix was good.

Everything else I've seen from the XY-Chromosome Wachowski was trash. I didn't bother with Cloud Atlas or Jupiter Ascending.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Bound was good. Matrix was good.

Everything else I've seen from the XY-Chromosome Wachowski was trash. I didn't bother with Cloud Atlas or Jupiter Ascending.
    Twice a day. The math adds up
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I can't believe I paid money to see this movie.

I need to torrent my next one just to bring balance to the equation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3