Quantcast
2022 Subaru WRX Revealed - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: 2022 Subaru WRX Revealed

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,911
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Hint: it is a wagon.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,785
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thing would actually look great as a wagon, Subaru Allroad.
    no, no it would not.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,911
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    The thing is. Despite all the cackling. A lot of people just don’t like wagons that much and no one buys them.

    Personally. I think it should be a jailable offence to pine about wagons if you don’t buy them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,785
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is. Despite all the cackling. A lot of people just don’t like wagons that much and no one buys them.

    Personally. I think it should be a jailable offence to pine about wagons if you don’t buy them.
    I hate to be the one to tell you: but you just bought one.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,911
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to be the one to tell you: but you just bought one.
    That’s fine. I don’t care what people buy.

    It’s the pining that’s insufferable.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,785
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s fine. I don’t care what people buy.

    It’s the pining that’s insufferable.
    I didn't mean that in a bad way. But people complain that we can't get wagons and that people don't buy them. I disagree with that, since CUVs are really just wagons and people buy them all of the time. People say we don't get an M5 wagon, but we get an X5M, which is the same thing

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is. Despite all the cackling. A lot of people just don’t like wagons that much and no one buys them.

    Personally. I think it should be a jailable offence to pine about wagons if you don’t buy them.
    Personally, I associate wagons with gen z dickheads who wear toques in the summer, turn their already lame wagon into some trendy "overland" vehicle to document their social media image of camping and being outdoorsy. I'll make one exception, the CTS-V Wagon. Fuck a wagon

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bavaria
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,503
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much of an upgrade over the previous one, but Iím sure it will sell well. Thereís very little competition in this price range for AWD manual cars.

    I agree with those wondering who buys all these Subarus. My STi was disappointing. On paper it looks great but driving feel was terrible. Loose steering, poor shifter feel, lots of body roll, bad NVH, hilariously short 1st gear.

    Hopefully the 2.4 engine reliability is improved. My STi had the engine replaced at 20,000km. I sold it just before warranty expired because I was too scared to keep it. How these cars command such high resale is beyond me.
    Americans just love the WRX and STI. Americans in general love Subaru as they amount to 70% of all their sales globally. Personally I just don't get it as while they are okay cars they are never best in class and the STI in general is the very definition of mediocrity yet Americans can't get enough of them.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,689
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I associate wagons with gen z dickheads who wear toques in the summer, turn their already lame wagon into some trendy "overland" vehicle to document their social media image of camping and being outdoorsy. I'll make one exception, the CTS-V Wagon. Fuck a wagon
    On today's episode of Just the Tip with TPiM, we'll advise that you should not search "fuck a wagon" from your work computer.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The missus was seriously considering this car (preferably the STI model whenever it was coming out) but ordered a 2022 BRZ Sport Tech instead. I don't mind the 2022 WRX looks, not a favorite to be sure, but I don't think it's massively fugly or anything.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,439
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Not sure if it’s marketing spin but Subaru says the fender flares is for aerodynamics.

    https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/am...fender-flares/

    Maybe it’s like “speed holes” that make cars go faster.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,785
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if it’s marketing spin but Subaru says the fender flares is for aerodynamics.

    https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/am...fender-flares/

    Maybe it’s like “speed holes” that make cars go faster.
    Marketing people trying to save the shitty design department

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,838
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Design elements for functional reasons can be made beautiful or at least unobtrusive. This car went a different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    If it makes anyone feel better, the STI is supposedly getting the same plastic fenders. Something about the mouth feel for air, or something, idk, not a engineer.

    https://www.torquenews.com/1084/new-...der-flares/amp

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,911
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Why would more ugly cars make anyone feel better
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Dodge Neon purple needed a comeback

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,838
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would more ugly cars make anyone feel better
    Makes us look handsome in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 VW Golf R (Mk8)

    By cam_wmh in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 323
    Latest Threads: 05-03-2022, 08:36 PM
  2. 2022 Subaru BRZ

    By A2VR6 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 77
    Latest Threads: 01-05-2022, 02:09 PM
  3. Germany to close all nuclear power plants by 2022

    By Pahnda in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 27
    Latest Threads: 06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
  4. Russia 2018; Qatar 2022

    By kertejud2 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 12-05-2010, 10:14 PM
  5. Revealed: Subaru's new WRX STI

    By calstar in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 79
    Latest Threads: 10-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •