Quantcast
Brand New Car... Dealership did not perform PDI correctly. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Car... Dealership did not perform PDI correctly.

Default Brand New Car... Dealership did not perform PDI correctly.

Purchased a brand new 2021 Corolla Hatchback. Was on the the app for it and noticed that my tires were filled to 40 psi. Checked door and sure enough, they were overinflated. Didn't think much of it, until I thought how much of the rest of the PDI was done.

Went to go check the oil... Bone dry. I've driven this thing 1100KM with that low of oil with the engine breaking in.

How fucked is this thing going to be? I'm worried this just greatly reduced the life of the vehicle. I don't really want to add oil because I want to drive right to the dealership tomorrow morning and have proof but also don't want to continue to add to the problem.

My Ride
    *The First*

Drain the oil to see how much there actually is. It's almost certainly fine, so relax about that. *Fill up after.
    Never ever set foot in that dealer again except to use their toilet with CoVid-Blowies.
    Tell everyone who the dealer is.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Was the tire pressure 40psi cold or driven for awhile?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Purchased a brand new 2021 Corolla Hatchback. Was on the the app for it and noticed that my tires were filled to 40 psi. Checked door and sure enough, they were overinflated. Didn't think much of it, until I thought how much of the rest of the PDI was done.

Went to go check the oil... Bone dry. I've driven this thing 1100KM with that low of oil with the engine breaking in.

How fucked is this thing going to be? I'm worried this just greatly reduced the life of the vehicle. I don't really want to add oil because I want to drive right to the dealership tomorrow morning and have proof but also don't want to continue to add to the problem.
    "Recommended tire pressure for 2021 Toyota Corolla is 33 psi to 38 psi for front tires and 30 psi to 36 psi for rear tires."

Demand new tires for sure.......
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pretty common for tires to be overfilled. Prevents flat-spotting during transport and storage. Myself, I wouldn't care about that at all. The oil thing, that's not great.
    Dealership PDI is a joke most places.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Pretty common for tires to be overfilled. Prevents flat-spotting during transport and storage. Myself, I wouldn't care about that at all. The oil thing, that's not great.
    Dealership PDI is a joke most places.
    Exactly.
    1. Pull plastic sheathing off.
    2. Test horn.
    3. Charge $700

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some dealerships have an additional service in step 2 where they pre-swirl the paint for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    bus

It’s a Corolla, I’m sure that thing would run on just a half liter of oil. Just top it off before you drive again.

Some dealerships have an additional service in step 2 where they pre-swirl the paint for you.
    Rofl so true. The wife's new F-150 had all sorts of plastic still on in the rear seat and the paint was swirled to shit on one of the rear doors.

My favourite delivery story was my Mazda 6.

Dealer transfer that came in on a Friday - It was already a week late and I wanted my new car for the long weekend, so I pressed the issue. Literally everything was done half-assed or forgotten (like gas in the tank) - I was initially fine with this BUT somehow those fuckers had the time to swap the Winnipeg dealer badges for Lethbridge ones... You could even see where they didn't clean the sticker goop off and stuck theirs overtop, rofl.

In the end I got a service credit to cover the cost of a detailing & a $100 gas card, but young me sure let the poor sales lady hear about it.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

If you're extra lucky the delivery driver will use a wire brush to clear the snow off the car when it's being delivered to the dealership

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Any car I have bought I have made it abundantly clear that my fee to advertise their dealers name or logo on my vehicle is $10k.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

100%. First thing I did when our RAV4 got delivered to our house was I took the Toyota Northwest Edmonton sticker off and throw away the plate holder.

My Ride
    Ford

Just ordered a 2022 Volvo wagon. TOld them no dealership sticker or volvo plate surround. See how that goes in January when it's supposed to arrive.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    Just ordered a 2022 Volvo wagon. TOld them no dealership sticker or volvo plate surround. See how that goes in January when it's supposed to arrive.
    Name:  15a4df94-3bb6-43dd-935f-81ea04641999_text.gif
Views: 293
Size:  500.9 KB

Took it to dealership, of course said it was fine and just topped it up. Took it to a friends shop and he’s not so sure about that.

This is going to be a whole ordeal. For obvious reasons, I’m probably going to stop talking about it online.

My Ride
    Trucks

Change the oil filter and cut the old one open, look for any metallic particles trapped in it. If the filter is good I wouldn’t think any damage was done. Maybe drop the oil pan for the same reason, if it is easily accessible.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Did the dealership provide you with a work order stating the purpose of your visit and what they did to 'fix' the issue?
    Might come in handy should you need to escalate it to corporate or lawyer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Took it to dealership, of course said it was fine and just topped it up. Took it to a friends shop and he’s not so sure about that.

This is going to be a whole ordeal. For obvious reasons, I’m probably going to stop talking about it online.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Change the oil filter and cut the old one open, look for any metallic particles trapped in it. If the filter is good I wouldn’t think any damage was done. Maybe drop the oil pan for the same reason, if it is easily accessible.
    Why not just test the oil itself. Your eyes won't be able to see any particulate. And if you do, then that is ultra bad.

My Ride
    is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Some metal particles in a brand new engine is to be expected so that's not a great test.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    Did the dealership provide you with a work order stating the purpose of your visit and what they did to 'fix' the issue?
    Might come in handy should you need to escalate it to corporate or lawyer up.
    Absolutely. And documented the amount of oil it took to top up (almost two quarts, it was fairly low).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast