Quantcast
China politics and economy MEGA Thread. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 197

Thread: China politics and economy MEGA Thread.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default China politics and economy MEGA Thread.

    Buster was right. We need to try to contain this.
    China is all the headlines right now:
    Screenshot_20210926-103918.jpg
    China cracks down on cryoto
    China takes hostages
    China ports have hundreds of container ships backed up
    China interferes with foreign elections
    China genocide

    There's a lot. Let's talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    People get all sketchy when you say "China". I've started to say CCP when it comes to a lot of things.

    For instance: "China is full of nice people that cook great food and make excellent cell phones. The CCP on the other hand is a complete piece of shit."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,926
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    The worlds addiction to cheap shit is really coming home to roost.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    CCP is greatest government of all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Z
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    They really are kinda dicks. Their rhetoric is hilarious though
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    What's the over/under on rage2 ending up in a rehab camp due to this thread?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People get all sketchy when you say "China". I've started to say CCP when it comes to a lot of things.

    For instance: "China is full of nice people that cook great food and make excellent cell phones. The CCP on the other hand is a complete piece of shit."
    At the end of the day, its the people going along with it that allows the CCP to continue being shitty.

    Why separate it?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Conspiracy theory: China already broke the code of the matrix with the 70-bit Quantum computer.
    Lake mead tier 2a shortage. 12 generator shutdown at Hoover Dam.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2010 S4
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People get all sketchy when you say "China". I've started to say CCP when it comes to a lot of things.

    For instance: "China is full of nice people that cook great food and make excellent cell phones. The CCP on the other hand is a complete piece of shit."
    Luckily for everyone the CCP can't keep all billion of those nice people down and take over the world at the same time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I read up on Chinese history a bit at the beginning of COVID and it blows my mind how they've taken over the world in such a short time. It is a little scary though to see how this will all unfold.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    When the USA detained Meng, Huawei was basically beating Apple in marketshare of mobile computer chipsets. Ads were running between NHL games. Now, they have decided to shut down their chipset division entirely. And now: Meng is free.

    So the USA did win one, by Shanghai. Pirate in me is thinking the USA is literally just a bunch of Epsteins, don't know if thats news to anyone.
    Lake mead tier 2a shortage. 12 generator shutdown at Hoover Dam.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    It's always slightly satisfying to see price controls and a centrally planned economy do what they have always done: learn all about the law of unintended consequences.

    Did the CCP think they were smarter than the multitude of other dimwits that thought a bunch of gov't bureaucrats could do a better job than free markets?

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ond-evergrande

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    CCP doesn't just think it's smarter, it KNOWS it's smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always slightly satisfying to see price controls and a centrally planned economy do what they have always done: learn all about the law of unintended consequences.

    Did the CCP think they were smarter than the multitude of other dimwits that thought a bunch of gov't bureaucrats could do a better job than free markets?

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ond-evergrande
    No, but like to appear like they do. It's all about saving face. Saving face is why China will always suck.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the day, its the people going along with it that allows the CCP to continue being shitty.

    Why separate it?
    Because people who doesn't tolerate that shit is either not in China or in vocational training camps. It's not a democracy.

    The amount of ultra nationalists is same as every country. If everyone is pro CCP, they don't need propaganda films to promote the party.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-27-2021 at 09:05 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the day, its the people going along with it that allows the CCP to continue being shitty.

    Why separate it?
    the Chinese people are a victim of propaganda and an awkward combination of an inferiority complex and superiority complex (neither of which are justified).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all about saving face. Saving face is why China will always suck.
    It's a big obstacle to success.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the Chinese people are a victim of propaganda and an awkward combination of an inferiority complex and superiority complex (neither of which are justified).
    They (CCP and some Chinese people) love to use how they were fucked by the west in Qing dynasty and Japan in WW2 to justify anything they are doing today.

    Japan is guilty of this to a degree if you watch any of their "documentary" around WW2.

    Most people don't care, they just want to make a living and lived their lives.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-27-2021 at 09:10 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They (CCP and some Chinese people) love to use how they were fucked by the west in Qing dynasty and Japan in WW2 to justify anything they are doing today.

    Japan is guilty of this to a degree if you watch any of their "documentary" around WW2.

    Most people don't care, they just want to make a living and lived their lives.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it part of the central identify of the Chinese (maybe I should say Han Chinese?), that they are the rightful centre of the universe?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it part of the central identify of the Chinese (maybe I should say Han Chinese?), that they are the rightful centre of the universe?
    No worse than typical Torontonian identity.

    I find all countries shared the "they are center of universe" mentality to a degree. Just worse with wealthier Asian countries.

    And Japan just started to break out of that but it took 2+ decades of stagflation to humble them.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. today, the day China became the world's biggest economy.

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 12-05-2014, 07:48 AM
  2. China: Largest World Economy

    By Sugarphreak in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 10-10-2014, 07:03 AM
  3. China To Have World's Largest Economy This Year: World Bank

    By smokedog in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM
  4. China's economy takes #2 spot from Japan....

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
  5. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •