Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I wonder if Gio is breathing a sigh of relief? Imagine if the Flames had won this year...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course you had to bring Vegas into this. Expansion draft advantage is purely revisionist history. Vegas was ridiculed for their draft picks. They did well because a bunch of has beens played their absolute hearts out, and completely lucked out with unworldly goaltending performances all the way down to their 3rd string goalies because everyone else got injured. They had to play their 5th string goalie at one point, pulling him up from kamloops lol. Even their 4th string goalie held the fort with a 500 record to keep that first season in check. But yea, Vegas did well because NHL gave them all the advantages. Gimme a break lol.

Same goes with LTIR. That’s designed so if there are injuries, especially top players, you’re not crippled for the whole season. Vegas had every opportunity to call up some of their injured players and they never did. You know why? Because they were injured lol. They had every right to restock the shelves to salvage their season. Now that the season is over, and guys getting surgery, what’s the point if they were cheating the system?

Hate on Vegas all you want, but fake narratives are terrible. I get it tho, you might not be able to tell the difference just reading headlines and bandwagoning the haters haha.
    If you have the capacity to put together a team that can compete for a SC in its first year, then the league allocated too many assets to the expansion team.

The protected list for each team should have been 2-4 players more.
    Last edited by Buster; 05-29-2022 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Disagree. What's the value in making expansion teams shitty? I think it was good for the whole league to have that big shakeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Disagree. What's the value in making expansion teams shitty? I think it was good for the whole league to have that big shakeup.
    Depends on what you mean by value

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, the decisions are made by team owners, and basically, the value of the teams is set by tv contracts and overall league revenues.
    Hard to a-b test this but I posit that the economic value of the league is higher with a good expansion team vs a bad one.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

economic value of the league is higher with a good expansion team vs a bad one.
    Precisely my point

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Even if you gave more protection slots, some teams wouldn’t have used it for the players they left unprotected because it was an opportunity to dump big contracts due to cap pressures. That’s the case with Pittsburg and Florida, which netted Vegas their best players.

Aside from those 2 outliers, only other team I was familiar with was obviously flames, which left exposed a bunch of plugs and players we had no intention of signing. They took on Engelland who goes out and has a career year with Vegas. Most of the other plugs Vegas chose also had career years. There’s no way you can blame draft rules on it.

Go take a look at their first year roster and see where everyone’s performance looks like today (or hell even the next year or 2) to realize the team really just played out of their mind.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Even if you gave more protection slots, some teams wouldn’t have used it for the players they left unprotected because it was an opportunity to dump big contracts due to cap pressures. That’s the case with Pittsburg and Florida, which netted Vegas their best players.

Aside from those 2 outliers, only other team I was familiar with was obviously flames, which left exposed a bunch of plugs and players we had no intention of signing. They took on Engelland who goes out and has a career year with Vegas. Most of the other plugs Vegas chose also had career years. There’s no way you can blame draft rules on it.

Go take a look at their first year roster and see where everyone’s performance looks like today (or hell even the next year or 2) to realize the team really just played out of their mind.
    This a good point. Their performance was an outlier. At any rate, I'm happy to leave the expansion argument out to avoid distracting from my real point: the NHL has gone to shit.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This a good point. Their performance was an outlier. At any rate, I'm happy to leave the expansion argument out to avoid distracting from my real point: the NHL has gone to shit.
    So then you want to argue that the games are rigged and that the referees/League fucked calgary to benefit Edmonton?
    Is that why Lucic got suspended for plowing the goalie into the boards hard enough that Smith's helmet popped off and he had to leave the game for concussion protocol? Oops - he didn't get suspended. How many goals did Edmonton get during the Lucic major?
    In the (one and only) game that Calgary won, what was Markstrom 's save percentage? How did the league or the officials impact that save percentage? What was his Save% in the rest of the games and how did the refs fuck him, on that?
    How did the refs make the Lady Bing winner everyone (only in Calgary) thinks is so magical only score one goal?

Calgary was a much deeper team that had a better record and was for more consistent and structured. But, they played like shit and they deserved to lose.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    So then you want to argue that the games are rigged and that the referees/League fucked calgary to benefit Edmonton?
    Is that why Lucic got suspended for plowing the goalie into the boards hard enough that Smith's helmet popped off and he had to leave the game for concussion protocol? Oops - he didn't get suspended. How many goals did Edmonton get during the Lucic major?
    In the (one and only) game that Calgary won, what was Markstrom 's save percentage? How did the league or the officials impact that save percentage? What was his Save% in the rest of the games and how did the refs fuck him, on that?
    How did the refs make the Lady Bing winner everyone (only in Calgary) thinks is so magical only score one goal?

Calgary was a much deeper team that had a better record and was for more consistent and structured. But, they played like shit and they deserved to lose.
    If you look at my points, almost none of them had to do with this series. The one that does is idea that the league wants a Col/Edm conference was clear, and they obviously instructed the refs to call the games tight right across the western conference because more PPs benefit those teams over the Flames/StLouis/Dallas, etc.

The hilarious no goal call was simply the straw that broke the back.
    Last edited by Buster; 05-29-2022 at 01:35 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

If you look at my points, almost none of them had to do with this series. The one that does is idea that the league wants a Col/Edm conference was clear, and they obviously instructed the refs to call the games tight right across the western conference because more PPs benefit those teams over the Flames/StLouis/Dallas, etc.

The hilarious no goal call was simply the straw that broke the back.
    So if someone who cares digs up the stats, it would show that the powerplay % for each advancing team was significantly better than their opponents?

My Ride
    ute

So if someone who cares digs up the stats, it would show that the powerplay % for each advancing team was significantly better than their opponents?
    Who knows. But even if it's called even, it can benefit one team.

My Ride
    *The First*

Who knows. But even if it's called even, it can benefit one team.
    Oh, I meant their PP Scoring% not the ratio of penalties to each team.

My Ride
    ute

Oh, I meant their PP Scoring% not the ratio of penalties to each team.
    At least going in to both series it wasn't even close.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Will Smith was framed.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Will Smith was framed.
    Let's be clear, I'm not making any commentary on the Flames or the Oilers here. I'm saying that the NHL as a pro sports product is dogshit. Wasn't always, but is now.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Buster, you've had way to many consecutive posts where you haven't mentioned that you don't watch the NHL. A few pages back you opened every post with it. We get it, you don't watch it or understand it, and Will Smith and Chris Rock set up the slap.

Is the Oilers vs Avs good for business? I guess if you think the Western market means anything to the NHL. Look at how many regular season Oiler games the big American networks played so the world could see Connor McDavid, only a handful. There are casual fans out east that have no idea who he is outside of maybe the name. Flames vs Avs could just as easily been "top line with over 40 goals each, best 5v5 in the league, Jack Adams nominated coach and Vezina nominated goalie versus the Mac/Makar/Landy show" tory line. Anything can be spun with the right marketing team and thats exactly what the NHL is doing like any pro sports league.

At the end of the day the refing has been atrocious across across most of the series. I think Pittsburg got robbed a few times there. At the end of the day though it comes back to the players on the ice. You're not winning series when you're goalie has the third biggest increase in GAA in history, your top line is a coin flip on whether they show up, and you have Connor McDavid flying all over the ice like everyone else is standing still.

For thinking something is dog shit and stating many times that you don't watch or follow it you sure have a ton of input.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    ute

The NHL sucks.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

For someone that hates the NHL you seem to post more about it than anyone else here.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Buster had a lot of passion to get off his shoulders
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast