Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, all flames top players underperformed. All of em. Not changing the fact that they are getting massive raises.

Johnny is getting over 75 million this contract, and the flames are worse without him even at that price. That's frustrating as hell to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Man rewatching that GWG again.. Johnny hockey does it again. Where the hell is he going? Zero battle for the puck after a pretty terrible pass from Hanifin.

https://youtu.be/qCYQL2v4gw8?t=431

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Caught trying to cherry pick

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Hanifin should be having nightmares on that soft pass out too.... calgary deserved to lose, again.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Man rewatching that GWG again.. Johnny hockey does it again. Where the hell is he going? Zero battle for the puck after a pretty terrible pass from Hanifin.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    ute

I stopped watching after the NHL blown/fixed call in the third. It has been abundantly clear that the NHL wants a Colorado/Edmonton conference final. From a business perspective, if makes perfect sense.

You can see many cases over the past 5-10 years of the NHL putting business interests above the integrity of the game. Allowing LTIR and cap manipulation, allowing certain teams to void contracts, giving Vegas significant advantages in the expansion draft, pursuing an all-in strategy on sports betting, giving officials direction to enforce or slacken penalty calling to benefit certain teams, I could go on.

The entertainment value of a pro sport for me comes directly from the sanctity of the competition. Leagues know this, which is why you can beat your wife and get suspended for a year, but if you bet on your sport, you're banned for life.

Unfortunately, the NHL has jumped the shark and ignored this fundamental principle. There are now too many data points to deny it. The league sucks fat dick now. The product is boring and repetitive, the competition is now fully in question, they are constantly trying to scam tax dollars and frankly the cultural integration with the Canadian identity is tiresome and a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This is why I illegally stream games when I want to watch. No way am I giving these dipshits - the NHL, Sportsnet - actual money.
    Hockey was better when the avg salary was close to the national avg salary.
    Old hockey players would play but then usually quit to get real jobs.

I still maintain, I'm available to block shots for 82 games. My salary would be league minimum.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I stopped watching after the NHL blown/fixed call in the third. It has been abundantly clear that the NHL wants a Colorado/Edmonton conference final. From a business perspective, if makes perfect sense.

You can see many cases over the past 5-10 years of the NHL putting business interests above the integrity of the game. Allowing LTIR and cap manipulation, allowing certain teams to void contracts, giving Vegas significant advantages in the expansion draft, pursuing an all-in strategy on sports betting, giving officials direction to enforce or slacken penalty calling to benefit certain teams, I could go on.

The entertainment value of a pro sport for me comes directly from the sanctity of the competition. Leagues know this, which is why you can beat your wife and get suspended for a year, but if you bet on your sport, you're banned for life.

Unfortunately, the NHL has jumped the shark and ignored this fundamental principle. There are now too many data points to deny it. The league sucks fat dick now. The product is boring and repetitive, the competition is now fully in question, they are constantly trying to scam tax dollars and frankly the cultural integration with the Canadian identity is tiresome and a little sad.
    Of course you had to bring Vegas into this. Expansion draft advantage is purely revisionist history. Vegas was ridiculed for their draft picks. They did well because a bunch of has beens played their absolute hearts out, and completely lucked out with unworldly goaltending performances all the way down to their 3rd string goalies because everyone else got injured. They had to play their 5th string goalie at one point, pulling him up from kamloops lol. Even their 4th string goalie held the fort with a 500 record to keep that first season in check. But yea, Vegas did well because NHL gave them all the advantages. Gimme a break lol.

Same goes with LTIR. That’s designed so if there are injuries, especially top players, you’re not crippled for the whole season. Vegas had every opportunity to call up some of their injured players and they never did. You know why? Because they were injured lol. They had every right to restock the shelves to salvage their season. Now that the season is over, and guys getting surgery, what’s the point if they were cheating the system?

Hate on Vegas all you want, but fake narratives are terrible. I get it tho, you might not be able to tell the difference just reading headlines and bandwagoning the haters haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Getting Spicey
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Getting Spicey
    Just telling it like it is. Kinda like casual f1 fans not understanding why cars can’t pass without DRS.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just telling it like it is. Kinda like casual f1 fans not understanding why cars can’t pass without DRS.
    Im sorry not sorry we ruined your world view
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The Vegas expansion draft thing wasn't the league stacking the deck, it was shitty work by the other gm's. Old guys terrified of losing old players made stupid decisions.

Then the team played well and had a little luck.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

zenops?

My Ride
    ute

Of course you had to bring Vegas into this. Expansion draft advantage is purely revisionist history. Vegas was ridiculed for their draft picks. They did well because a bunch of has beens played their absolute hearts out, and completely lucked out with unworldly goaltending performances all the way down to their 3rd string goalies because everyone else got injured. They had to play their 5th string goalie at one point, pulling him up from kamloops lol. Even their 4th string goalie held the fort with a 500 record to keep that first season in check. But yea, Vegas did well because NHL gave them all the advantages. Gimme a break lol.

Same goes with LTIR. That’s designed so if there are injuries, especially top players, you’re not crippled for the whole season. Vegas had every opportunity to call up some of their injured players and they never did. You know why? Because they were injured lol. They had every right to restock the shelves to salvage their season. Now that the season is over, and guys getting surgery, what’s the point if they were cheating the system?

Hate on Vegas all you want, but fake narratives are terrible. I get it tho, you might not be able to tell the difference just reading headlines and bandwagoning the haters haha.
    Did Seattle get an identical expansion arrangement? ( I don't know actually)

Yes

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Bettman should retire.

Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bettman does great work for the people who pay him.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Name:  FB_IMG_1653708663239.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  46.7 KB
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Silverado

AT LEAST WE ONLY HAVE TO SEE THESE JOKES FOR 8 DAYSs

My Ride
    Silverado

If I hear a fucking word about the taxpayers of Calgary giving a red cent to this shitty franchise and second rate league, I swear....
    Man we spent $300 million on a fucking library. The city would see way more value out of a new venue

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast