Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1283

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2021-2022 Edition

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They felt that 8 years of control of MT was worth more than 9 years of control of Huberdeau primarily due to the age difference I would guess.
    I would have been 8 Only for him with FLA

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    I would have been 8 Only for him with FLA
    I thought he could sign an 8 year extension with FLA?

My Ride
    95B

I thought he could sign an 8 year extension with FLA?
    You are right. 8 Yrs with FLA.
    I see what you are trying to Say 8 + 1 Remaining = 9 Yrs of service
    I misunderstood

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

It definitely seems like we have a better opportunity to sign Weegar over Huberdeau but you never know. They are both incredible players so even with only 1 year of UFA left we robbed the Panthers even if you just look at what we could flip these guys to. I love Chucky but this was a phenomenal return.

Huberdeau is pretty upset with the Panthers. I've seen a few interviews where he said he was completely caught off guard by the trade. He said the last conversation his agent had with management was that they were working on an extension then the next call he got was that he was traded. I think as soon as he gets here, around the guys, and gets to play in front of real fans his attitude about the situation will change.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    It definitely seems like we have a better opportunity to sign Weegar over Huberdeau but you never know. They are both incredible players so even with only 1 year of UFA left we robbed the Panthers even if you just look at what we could flip these guys to. I love Chucky but this was a phenomenal return.

Huberdeau is pretty upset with the Panthers. I've seen a few interviews where he said he was completely caught off guard by the trade. He said the last conversation his agent had with management was that they were working on an extension then the next call he got was that he was traded. I think as soon as he gets here, around the guys, and gets to play in front of real fans his attitude about the situation will change.
    Can't blame Huberdeau for being surprised. He had far and away his best season ever and in combination of an extension being discussed, how could anyone think they were about to be traded? He has good reason to be sore I think.

I said it before in this thread, but I agree Treliving did really well on the return - especially considering how quickly and negatively things turned. Technically, both may not re-sign with the Flames in which case it was essentially a 1st, a B-level prospect, and 2 rentals. Even if that happens, that's not exactly a brutal return. And if both DO re-sign, it's a clear win for Calgary.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Can't blame Huberdeau for being surprised. He had far and away his best season ever and in combination of an extension being discussed, how could anyone think they were about to be traded? He has good reason to be sore I think.

I said it before in this thread, but I agree Treliving did really well on the return - especially considering how quickly and negatively things turned. Technically, both may not re-sign with the Flames in which case it was essentially a 1st, a B-level prospect, and 2 rentals. Even if that happens, that's not exactly a brutal return. And if both DO re-sign, it's a clear win for Calgary.
    We all have to reserve judgement on the trade until the assets are settled. If Treliving trips over his dick like he did with JG, then this trade looks bad for the Flames.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

We all have to reserve judgement on the trade until the assets are settled. If Treliving trips over his dick like he did with JG, then this trade looks bad for the Flames.
    How so? If both don’t sign, we acquired a better forward and a top D for the same contract length as tkachuk at a lower AAV. The bare minimum is already a good trade.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

How so? If both don’t sign, we acquired a better forward and a top D for the same contract length as tkachuk at a lower AAV. The bare minimum is already a good trade.
    Because treating these guys like one year rentals would be asset management. They are far more valuable to the Flames as either long term signings or traded before the season.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Because treating these guys like one year rentals would be asset management. They are far more valuable to the Flames as either long term signings or traded before the season.
    No shit sherlock

I'm just saying if we do fuck all and treat 'em as such, we've already won the trade because Tkachuk was only giving us 1 year anyways and walking. If he signs 1 or 2, it's a massive win (depending on AAV of course).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Mar level math:

2 upcoming UFA's > 1 upcoming UFA

My Ride
    ute

No shit sherlock

I'm just saying if we do fuck all and treat 'em as such, we've already won the trade because Tkachuk was only giving us 1 year anyways and walking. If he signs 1 or 2, it's a massive win (depending on AAV of course).
    That's if you assume that keeping ktqkuchkt on a 1 year deal was also a good idea. A rental for a rental is not a good trade.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

1 pick+1 prospect > 1 upcomming ufa

Treliving did decently here regardless of the two UFA's. If he signs or trades either of them, then he's doing great.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Also, to answer my own internal question, yes you are a bad person if you hope that chucky has a down year this year. That's not a kind thought. So stop cheering for a 45 point year . . . .

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Also, to answer my own internal question, yes you are a bad person if you hope that chucky has a down year this year. That's not a kind thought. So stop cheering for a 45 point year . . . .
    I'm ok with Chucky doing well. He told us he wanted to play elsewhere and we got 2 of something while giving up 1 of something. It's Gudreau that I hope to see 4-5 point year.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

You feel the Flames got the better player between Huberdeau and Tkachuk? I disagree. Don't get me wrong - Huberdeau is a really good player, but:
    1) He's older than Tkachuk and will probably start his decline in a couple of years
    2) He doesn't hit nearly as much (last year being the exception), doesn't hit as hard nor do I believe he has agitating qualities at all
    3) If you look at the first 6 years in the NHL for both players, Tkachuk is outpacing Huberdeau's point totals during the same timeframe. In some cases, by a fair margin.

What are your supporting facts to back your claim?

You feel the Flames got the better player between Huberdeau and Tkachuk? I disagree. Don't get me wrong - Huberdeau is a really good player, but:
    1) He's older than Tkachuk and will probably start his decline in a couple of years
    2) He doesn't hit nearly as much (last year being the exception), doesn't hit as hard nor do I believe he has agitating qualities at all
    3) If you look at the first 6 years in the NHL for both players, Tkachuk is outpacing Huberdeau's point totals during the same timeframe. In some cases, by a fair margin.

Hubes is a replacement for Gaudreau. Same age basically.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We.
    Didn't.
    Have
    Tkachuk
    Anymore

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Oh boy here we go. I've been really critical of Tkachuk's play the last 2 years. He does a lot of shit that sometimes rarely work out (ie puck between legs) when there's potentially better opportunities out there. His biggest issue is he panics when there's pressure coming up his way. 1/2 the time it's turnovers, 1/2 the time it's a blind pass into the slot to relieve pressure and give the problem to someone else. In regular season, Johnny and Lindholm were able to cover for that and make a play/score out of it. A lot of his assists come that way. Fast forward to playoffs, much more pressure on his teammates, all of a sudden these blind passes doesn't convert into fancy cool plays. It's very easy to shut down.

There's been so many games I'm sitting there watching Tkachuk do the same thing, and bitching that he overrated, only for @kenny to remind me that he's points leader. And for some reason he racks up 4 points every time I bitch haha.

TL;DR he's not a great play maker in my eyes and his style of play making gets shut down easily when needed.

He sucked in the playoffs.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

And Huby went and scored 100+ point playing with Sam Bennett (yes that Bennett) and Anthony Duclair.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast