Quantcast
Do you hang with your non jabbed friends? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Do you hang with your non jabbed friends?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 46.21%
  • No

49 37.12%
  • Only if she’s hot

28 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you hang with your non jabbed friends?

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is a little microcosm of what I've been observing in real life.

Yikes.

What drives people to this conclusion? Delta was already the dominant strain as of 06/2021 and readily infecting the double jabbed. We knew shortly after that jabs were good for ~6-mo, and protection declined rapidly thereafter. Hell, epidemiologists were called 'fringe' and 'antivaxxers' when they predicted that current vaccine technology would be unable to eliminate the spread of this coronavirus. But I guess the 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' and 'if you get vaccinated, you won't get infected' were just to compelling to believe.

There's a distorted perception of risk that is pervasive as well - We had a family member attend Easter dinner, demand the rest of the family take rapid tests, then attended reluctantly while wearing a massive N95 the entire time. This is a young person 3 vaccines + omicron. They insisted that Dr Tham had advised we were in the next wave and that new protocols warranted this behavior.

This is what the forum would consider a intelligent person, because they are three times vaccinated (more is smarter) plus they have significant post-secondary education.

Are those who decline a booster now considered unvaccinated/unintelligent? The moral gymnastics will get complex.

Threads like this remind me how quickly people are to divide and then lose their humanity. Glad to see 50% of the board didn't gravitate towards virtue signaling.
    How many of your family members are unvaccinated? I just wouldn’t have attended.

Well back in the day. Maybe not now. Haven’t thought about it. Also probably haven’t associated with any unvaccinated people in a long time.

If someone is vaccinated i don't think they should worry about other peoples status (assuming vaccines do what they are supposed to do). Love everyone equally

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    How many of your family members are unvaccinated? I just wouldn’t have attended.

Well back in the day. Maybe not now. Haven’t thought about it. Also probably haven’t associated with any unvaccinated people in a long time.
    They're all vaccinated. Some triple. They also (all 10 people there) all had omicron, and some recovered from earlier variants too. This family member was operating in fear that, despite prior infection, triple vaccination and pre-gathering rapid tests, they still felt the need to wear an N95 mask for the entire dinner.

I'm discussing the distorted perception of risk - how are you even concerned if someone is vaccinated or not? Clearly irrelevant to the spread of this disease.

At the least, filtering friends by recent infection would make the segregation a little more scientific.

The unvaccinated are still busy doing their "research".

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It boggles my mind that people are still talking about Covid
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You'd have 5 million Canadians significantly less interested in the topic if they weren't actively impacted by federal mandates.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

the only people i know that arent vaxxed are my idiot brothers, and i definitely don't socialize with them as much as i used to, but I'm not going to straight up say no only based on that fact... i usually say no because i don't want to hear them talk about it and it hurts my brain to hear their "justifications"
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

I've found that anti-vaxxers are like vegans, cross fit enthusiasts, flat earth, Q-anon etc. They will go out of their way to tell you and be the topic of conversation.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You'd have 5 million Canadians significantly less interested in the topic if they weren't actively impacted by federal mandates.
    I’d probably feel worse if those 5 million Canadians weren’t complete morons.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Kinda felt the same way. I was ready to declare it "over" and was happily living my life normally and then there it was... just got over Covid (am vaxxed).

I've barely known anyone that had it over the past 25 months or so... Now it seems like everyone has it; it's gone through our entire household; nearly half my daughters' classes have been out over the last week or so (including the teachers); other kids and families in unrelated groups, etc... Seems very prevalent right now.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    Kinda felt the same way. I was ready to declare it "over" and was happily living my life normally and then there it was... just got over Covid (am vaxxed).

I've barely known anyone that had it over the past 25 months or so... Now it seems like everyone has it; it's gone through our entire household; nearly half my daughters' classes have been out over the last week or so (including the teachers); other kids and families in unrelated groups, etc... Seems very prevalent right now.
    Your experience basically lines up with the data. The vaccines were effective at preventing infection and severe outcomes pre omicron. With omicron it’s only preventing severe outcomes. So it’s completely normal that everyone is getting it. The difference is that people aren’t dying left and right from getting it. So in essence, it’s over (unless a new deadlier variant emerges).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

This thread is a little microcosm of what I've been observing in real life.

Yikes.

What drives people to this conclusion? Delta was already the dominant strain as of 06/2021 and readily infecting the double jabbed. We knew shortly after that jabs were good for ~6-mo, and protection declined rapidly thereafter. Hell, epidemiologists were called 'fringe' and 'antivaxxers' when they predicted that current vaccine technology would be unable to eliminate the spread of this coronavirus. But I guess the 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' and 'if you get vaccinated, you won't get infected' were just to compelling to believe.

There's a distorted perception of risk that is pervasive as well - We had a family member attend Easter dinner, demand the rest of the family take rapid tests, then attended reluctantly while wearing a massive N95 the entire time. This is a young person 3 vaccines + omicron. They insisted that Dr Tham had advised we were in the next wave and that new protocols warranted this behavior.

This is what the forum would consider a intelligent person, because they are three times vaccinated (more is smarter) plus they have significant post-secondary education.

Are those who decline a booster now considered unvaccinated/unintelligent? The moral gymnastics will get complex.

Threads like this remind me how quickly people are to divide and then lose their humanity. Glad to see 50% of the board didn't gravitate towards virtue signaling.
    Pretty sure almost nobody here would think your family member is an intelligent person based off of that.

Vaccines and evolution into a less-deadly strain ended the pandemic. What was true during previous waves isn’t necessarily relevant now. Time to move on. It’s kind of funny actually that the only people still beating the dead horse are the anti vaxxers looking for some vindication or someone to tell them they were right even though they weren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Pretty sure almost nobody here would think your family member is an intelligent person based off of that.

Vaccines and evolution into a less-deadly strain ended the pandemic. What was true during previous waves isn’t necessarily relevant now. Time to move on. It’s kind of funny actually that the only people still beating the dead horse are the anti vaxxers looking for some vindication or someone to tell them they were right even though they weren’t.
    Well there was the pfizer documents that were made public which had me alarmed. Good thing I didn't get that one, pretty scary shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Well there was the pfizer documents that were made public which had me alarmed. Good thing I didn't get that one, pretty scary shit.
    I thought you mentioned in another thread that you flew to turkey for hair implants. How did you fly without the shots?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I thought you mentioned in another thread that you flew to turkey for hair implants. How did you fly without the shots?
    I had one shot and got a severe reaction to it, was in the hospital for a few days. Felt like I was having a peanut allergy so I have a medical exemption.

My Ride
    changes every year

I dont care what any of my friends' position are, they were my friends prior to this shit and that's not going to change and I feel if it changes your view of someone you chose to be around prior, that says alot about your character.

I'm vaxxed and some of my friends and family aren't for whatever their reasoning, I just don't talk about it with them.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I've found that anti-vaxxers are like vegans, cross fit enthusiasts, flat earth, Q-anon etc. They will go out of their way to tell you and be the topic of conversation.
    Like bumping a thread from 6 months ago, you mean.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    Like bumping a thread from 6 months ago, you mean.
    God damn two zingers in a row and I'm unable to rep... Mental note to rep SKR.

If someone is vaccinated i don't think they should worry about other peoples status (assuming vaccines do what they are supposed to do). Love everyone equally
    The misinformation within the pro-vax crowd is still quite rampant.

Shhhh, we are ignoring that those exist here.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I think omicron is the main reason for less severe outcomes, vax or no vax.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast