Quantcast
Do you hang with your non jabbed friends? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Do you hang with your non jabbed friends?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 46.21%
  • No

49 37.12%
  • Only if she’s hot

28 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you hang with your non jabbed friends?

“Purebloods”

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

No....all my close friends are vaxxed. I do have a cousin that I was close to that has gone down the anti-vax / QAnon rabbit hole. I ditched him from social media and told him if he set foot in my elderly parents house I would expediate his visit to the hospital...covid or not. He also is getting rid of all his TV's. Something to do with the media being able to spy on his family through the TV.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Harder for you but better for society: Convince him to get jabbed.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No....all my close friends are vaxxed. I do have a cousin that I was close to that has gone down the anti-vax / QAnon rabbit hole. I ditched him from social media and told him if he set foot in my elderly parents house I would expediate his visit to the hospital...covid or not. He also is getting rid of all his TV's. Something to do with the media being able to spy on his family through the TV.
    Does he have any good TVs that he is sell cheap? Asking for a friend ….

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yes. And yes I have some. Their decision causes me no harm or mental duress.
    Exactly.

If they are not vaxxed, it is them at risk, not me or my family as we are all vaxxed to the maxx. That might change if my kids were not vaccinated. It really blows my mind how polarizing this makes people. If they are not vaxxed and you are, then who cares? Your chances of suffering extreme symptoms is reduced even further. The vaccine isn't a magical force field that stops the 'rona from getting in your body... it doesn't stop the transmission rate... so to stop seeing someone that you would see if they DID have the vaccine is just dumb.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Exactly.

If they are not vaxxed, it is them at risk, not me or my family as we are all vaxxed to the maxx. That might change if my kids were not vaccinated. It really blows my mind how polarizing this makes people. If they are not vaxxed and you are, then who cares? Your chances of suffering extreme symptoms is reduced even further. The vaccine isn't a magical force field that stops the 'rona from getting in your body... it doesn't stop the transmission rate... so to stop seeing someone that you would see if they DID have the vaccine is just dumb.
    This is similar logic to "I don't need the flu shot because if I get the flu, it won't hurt me and I'm more likely to get sick from the shot's side effects than the flu."

It's not about me and it's not about you and it's not about Forrest Gump who didn't get vax'd. It's about society and slowing the spread of the disease and keeping the numbers low enough that the hospitals are ready for you if you get in a car accident.

Hanging out with someone who is far, far more likely to have Rona increases society's chance of spreading Rona.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

... it doesn't stop the transmission rate...
    It does though. Well, not stop, but significantly reduces.

Alternatively, I don't talk to neighbor as much because he won't STFU about being anti-vax, and Ivermectin is the cure. I don't enjoy talking to people who remind me how dumb they are, just like I don't hang out with people who brag about drinking and driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People don’t get it.

It’s not specifically that they aren’t vaccinated that is the problem.

It’s that they are the kind of people who won’t get vaccinated that is the problem. Those kinds of people aren’t my friends.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

someone that you would see if they DID have the vaccine is just dumb.
    This is the point we are trying to make. If you're dumb enough to be unvaccinated at this point you were voted off my Island a long time ago.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My risk of getting covid and transmitting it to my unvaccinated younger child is HIGHER from an unvaccinated person than a vaccinated one. So I avoid them out of concern for my children.
    I'm not worried about my risk of severe symtoms.

That being said, if you are unvaccinated, and a friend of mine, if you keep your mouth shut and don't make a big deal about it, I'm not likely to ask you, and mayb eyou could trick me into hanging out by just being quiet.
    Doesn't seem to be the way the unvaxxed roll, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Por-shuh

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Yes, you've mentioned this. You said it is coming in December.
    Just 7 weeks until your next excuse.
    Looks like December came a little early this year. Have fun with ADE (antibody dependent enhancement) https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1938315.html
    Don’t take your anger out on the Paul Revere’s spreading the truth about the Big V. Take your anger out on those who coerced you, and encouraged you to sacrifice yourself for the globalist end game.

My Ride
    This and that.

Who the hell is flappy uncle....another regular Beyonder's side account being used to stir shit up? lol

He’s one of the resident purebloods. Just patiently waiting for all the awesome jobs to open up after the non-purebloods die soon.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    People don’t get it.

It’s not specifically that they aren’t vaccinated that is the problem.

It’s that they are the kind of people who won’t get vaccinated that is the problem. Those kinds of people aren’t my friends.

It wasn't until reading this thread that I realized I don't even know my friends vax status. I'm not even close to enough of a cunt to care, let alone ask. I'm vaxxed, not much else matters as it's a completely personal decision that has zero effect on my life.

This thread confirmed a lot of suspicions though. Turns out idiots tend to flock together, and don't realize they are idiots. Shocking!!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It wasn't until reading this thread that I realized I don't even know my friends vax status. I'm not even close to enough of a cunt to care, let alone ask. I'm vaxxed, not much else matters as it's a completely personal decision that has zero effect on my life.

This thread confirmed a lot of suspicions though. Turns out idiots tend to flock together, and don't realize they are idiots. Shocking!!
    Let's re-phrase the question:

"Do you hang out with your stupid friends?"

I do with one, but he was infected and recovered from Covid19. Considering the incredibly small number of reinfections worldwide ( it's very, very small, far less than the number of people confirmed to have died from the vax shots, which is currently according to the CDC tracker at over 10k Pfizer and 4.5k Moderna), I'm not too worried about him infecting me or mine, all of whom have also been infected/recovered, and have also been given both vax shots.

I've tried to convince him that the jury is out, and that there is all kinds of conflicting data on re-infection rates, and that the odds are much more in his favor to get the shots, but he won't. He also has moderate PTSD still from his stints in Afghanistan with the PPCLI, and is prone to flying off the handle on this or any subject, so it's been difficult maintaining a solid relationship with him, even though he's my neighbor ATM and one of my closest friends. Still, I again feel that the risk is pretty low of him being re infected (for the moment as he's still within the 6 month window the CDC has said that most recovered will NOT be reinfected), let alone infecting me again, so we still "hang" as per the OP.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 10-18-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Pureblood is a rough term, blueblood or redblood would be more in line with the matrix.

The next step is obvious, do you hang with your "only vaxxed" friends or those who already caught and passed the real thing (several time more resilient)

Rabbit hole expands.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

This thread is a little microcosm of what I've been observing in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I don't have any friends (that I actually see in person) who aren't vaxxed. But if I did, they would not be welcome in my house.

Cause your friends don't vax and if they don't vax, well, they're no friends of mine.
    Yikes.

Mmmmm, no... It's about reducing the spread of this disease thing that is...
    Oh fuck, never mind.
    Hanging out with someone who is far, far more likely to have Rona increases society's chance of spreading Rona.
    What drives people to this conclusion? Delta was already the dominant strain as of 06/2021 and readily infecting the double jabbed. We knew shortly after that jabs were good for ~6-mo, and protection declined rapidly thereafter. Hell, epidemiologists were called 'fringe' and 'antivaxxers' when they predicted that current vaccine technology would be unable to eliminate the spread of this coronavirus. But I guess the 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' and 'if you get vaccinated, you won't get infected' were just to compelling to believe.

There's a distorted perception of risk that is pervasive as well - We had a family member attend Easter dinner, demand the rest of the family take rapid tests, then attended reluctantly while wearing a massive N95 the entire time. This is a young person 3 vaccines + omicron. They insisted that Dr Tham had advised we were in the next wave and that new protocols warranted this behavior.

This is what the forum would consider a intelligent person, because they are three times vaccinated (more is smarter) plus they have significant post-secondary education.

Are those who decline a booster now considered unvaccinated/unintelligent? The moral gymnastics will get complex.

Threads like this remind me how quickly people are to divide and then lose their humanity. Glad to see 50% of the board didn't gravitate towards virtue signaling.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    ... We had a family member attend Easter dinner, demand the rest of the family take rapid tests, then attended reluctantly while wearing a massive N95 the entire time. ...
    Hmmm, that's an interesting position for them to take. Have you tried fucking their dad?

People can choose who they associate with or not on a daily basis, for reasons much more petty than vaccination status. If you don't want someone in your house because they aren't wearing pants you don't have to let them in.

One thing is for sure, family gatherings at your house must be WIIIILD
    Last edited by DonJuan; 04-20-2022 at 02:09 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast