Quantcast
Vaccinating your kids for Covid19 - opinion poll - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: When covid19 vaccination is available for ages 5-12, I will:

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately sign up my kids - No time to waste!

32 31.37%
  • Probably sign up my kids, maybe not right away - Why rush?

23 22.55%
  • Probably not sign up my kids - Don't see the benefit

26 25.49%
  • I don't have kids, but I like polls.

21 20.59%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinating your kids for Covid19 - opinion poll

My Ride
    ute

lol at people thinking the only reason to get vaccinated is to stay out of the hospital.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wont be vaxxing my 2 year old. Look at the risk of severe outcome for covid in this age group. Especially since these numbers are skewed by the fact that AB admitted they are probably only testing and id'ing about 1 in 4 cases. So chance of hospitalization for 1 to 4 year olds is 0.1% and that includes those with underlying condition.
    You can’t vax 2 year olds yet so no problem… that will be the new year . Then @ExtraSlow can make another thread about 6 month to 4 yrs old vax thread

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    What you did there. I see it.
    I was actually being serious, in that I'm curious what the main motivation is for those who are planning to vaccinate their children. Be it selfish or altruistic, I don't really care. I am just curious.
    Unless you meant "I C it"...? I think we're out of sync for the moment.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I was actually being serious, in that I'm curious what the main motivation is for those who are planning to vaccinate their children. Be it selfish or altruistic, I don't really care. I am just curious.
    Unless you meant "I C it"...? I think we're out of sync for the moment.
    Okie dokey, let's try this again, then.

Ok, so what should the main motivator be to vaccinate your child?

A. Reducing the chance of serious outcomes for your child.

B. Reducing the chance of infection and any of the unknown longer term health issues for your child from CoVid?

C. Reducing the chance of infection and further spread of the virus to the rest of society.

D. Being allowed to travel if/when they also require eligible children to be vaccinated for travel to _____.

Yes.

My Ride
    *The First*

The problem is that I think most people aren't thinking about C, they are thinking about A and then coming to the conclusion of "this is like buying insurance from getting hit by lightning" so they're not going to do it. And, I think they're correct in that particular logic, not necessarily correct on the overall decision.
    I expect uptake to be very low on this.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

D is going to be a thing. But I suspect people aren't thinking about that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

The problem is that I think most people aren't thinking about C, they are thinking about A and then coming to the conclusion of "this is like buying insurance from getting hit by lightning" so they're not going to do it. And, I think they're correct in that particular logic, not necessarily correct on the overall decision.
    I expect uptake to be very low on this.
    You may be right, but that's because people are dumb. I try to keep my interaction with the riff raff to a minimum because of this. I get quite depressed when I have to drive and I realize I have chosen close proximity to the unwashed masses. Same with when I go to a movie nowadays, which is depressing. It's why I often go to movies and the grocery store on sunday night, if I need something that can't arrive by insta-cart.

My Ride
    *The First*

You may be right, but that's because people are dumb. I try to keep my interaction with the riff raff to a minimum because of this. I get quite depressed when I have to drive and I realize I have chosen close proximity to the unwashed masses. Same with when I go to a movie nowadays, which is depressing. It's why I often go to movies and the grocery store on sunday night, if I need something that can't arrive by insta-cart.
    I read it right in the shareholder's agreement.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I read it right in the shareholder's agreement.
    you must spread some reputation around…
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I don't see them getting Vaxxed as Beneficial. For Kids 0-19, the Recovery Rate from Covid19 is 99.997%. Their Natural Immune system does a better job then the Vaxx at combating the Virus. They don't get Symptomatic Covid, they don't Spread it Around. However, The unknown long term risks and Current risks with Myocarditis especially for young males would not be a risk worth taking.

A Study from Dr. Tracy Hoeg et al shows the risk of Myocarditis can be up to 6.1 times higher than being hospitalized with Covid

Stephane and Patrick de Garay enrolled their 12 yr old Child Maddie and her Brothers in Pfizer's Covid19 Clinical Trial, because they believed they were doing the right thing. However, a previously healthy, energetic, full of life child, was within 24 hours of her second dose reduced to crippling, scream-inducing pain that landed her in the emergency room where she described feeling like someone was “ripping her heart out though her neck.”

Over the next several months the nightmare continued.

Ms. de Garay documented every detail of Maddie’s injury and reported it to the principal investigator for the Pfizer trial at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital where the vaccine clinical trial was occurring and where Maddie was treated and admitted. They first tried to treat Maddie as “a mental patient,” telling the family it was psychological and in Maddie’s imagination. Then they claimed it was unrelated to the vaccine (copy of recording with hospital below), and when that argument failed, Pfizer listed this traumatic adverse event as “functional abdominal pain” when reporting to the FDA.

Ms. de Garay reported what occurred to the CDC and FDA through VAERS in June 2021 but nobody from these agencies sought additional information or followed-up with the de Garays. Ms. de Garay also reached out to Dr. Nath, a Chief in the NIH’s National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, responded by stating he was “Sorry to hear of your daughter’s illness” and that “We have certainly heard of a lot of cases of neurological complications from the vaccine and will be glad to share our experience with them.” Unfortunately, other than a call arranged by Maddie’s neurologist, there was no follow-up or response from NIH or any other federal health agency. Even after Ms. de Garay did a press event on June 28, 2021 with Senator Ron Johnson, neither Pfizer nor any health agency reached out in any manner to address Maddie’s injury or obtain any additional information.

-Pfizers clinical trial for children aged 12-15 only had 1,131 children where one suffered devasting, life altering injury, that has not been acknowledged by Pfizer or the FDA, so what other serious advsere events have been hidden and ignored?

- International scientists have declared that “inadequately powered studies should themselves be considered a breach of ethical standards.” Without a clinical trial of sufficient size that reviews all potential adverse events, such as that experienced by Maddie, for a sufficient duration, this potentially catastrophic result will not be identified prior to authorization or licensure.

-And as Dr. Woodcock and Dr. Marks have said, “because young children are still growing and developing, it’s critical that thorough and robust clinical trials of adequate size are completed to evaluate the safety and the immune response to a COVID-19 vaccine in this population. Children are not small adults – and issues that may be addressed in pediatric vaccine trials can include whether there is a need for different doses or different strength formulations of vaccines already used for adults.”

---> https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda...iously-injured

---

Pfizer, immunity from liability, who could care less. Health Regulators who don't care, and rather keep this info hidden from view.

What do opinions have to do with any of this?
    Normally I would say nothing, and easily dismiss any of your contribution to this subject. But opinion seems to be fairly important in this particular realm as it is what is driving all of current policy right now.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Normally I would say nothing, and easily dismiss any of your contribution to this subject. But opinion seems to be fairly important in this particular realm as it is what is driving all of current policy right now.
    You either understand the data. Or you don't. Opinion or policy for that matter is irrelevant.

You either understand the data. Or you don't. Opinion or policy for that matter is irrelevant.
    So still nothing useful to add? Ok, good chat.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    So still nothing useful to add? Ok, good chat.
    These concepts are fundamental

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

https://youtu.be/4Lh1gWAKBPA?t=513

I saw this last month on CBC. Found the opinion to be extremely balanced from this pediatrician.

We will not be vaccinating our children for Covid-19. They have no related health risks, we do not live near our elderly family members. The only issue we will likely face is their inability to go into public spaces or travel if restrictions are maintained as they are today. I am okay with that, I just worry they will make this mandatory to attend school, which will be a big problem with us.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    https://youtu.be/4Lh1gWAKBPA?t=513

I saw this last month on CBC. Found the opinion to be extremely balanced from this pediatrician.

We will not be vaccinating our children for Covid-19. They have no related health risks, we do not live near our elderly family members. The only issue we will likely face is their inability to go into public spaces or travel if restrictions are maintained as they are today. I am okay with that, I just worry they will make this mandatory to attend school, which will be a big problem with us.
    Before today I would have said it would be mandatory in school … but after seeing the government fold on health care workers … I don’t think it will happen

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

https://youtu.be/iYOaebLhuuI

An interesting analysis of the risk data overall for the approval of a child vaccine. Links in the video to more detailed analysis.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    https://youtu.be/iYOaebLhuuI

An interesting analysis of the risk data overall for the approval of a child vaccine. Links in the video to more detailed analysis.
    Bad analysis.

He ignored the time component of your chance of infection. To look at the risk reduction of a vaccine you must multiply the risk reduction over Time X by the total time you are potentially exposed to Covid over your LIFETIME.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I assume any “analysis” done on social media re Covid is for idiots.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast