Quantcast
Alberta NDP Polling at 100% - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 328

Thread: Alberta NDP Polling at 100%

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,849
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    If you think that the easiest answer to the pandemic healthcare crisis is to remove obesity from our society, then you are operating at a level I cannot comprehend.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,843
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There should be plenty of data out there. It was already being reported early on from China during COVID-19. The relationship between obese and overweight people and other coronaviruses has always been known.

    Tons of resources citing studies from all over
    https://www.worldobesity.org/resourc...d-case-studies

    Small study in Canada
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41366-021-00938-8

    Links to 14 studies from multiple countries
    https://immunityageing.biomedcentral...79-020-00212-x

    CNBC reporting on CDC numbers from 238 US hospitals March 2020 to Dec 2020
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-or-obese.html

    American diabetes association study on Jan 2020 to March 2020 data from Shenzen, China.
    https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/43/7/1392
    Thanks. Did some bedtime reading last night, so studies do show a significant shift on obese patients, but not all. The weird thing about the studies is it doesn't break down by age groups (or I missed it). Covid puts more old people into hospital, and obesity does rise against age, but not at the level shifted by obesity.

    So yes, it does seem to affect obese people more, but at it's worst it still not showing ICU's are clogged up by obese people (otherwise we'd be way closer to 100%). Could be a red herring, could be just affecting unhealthy people more, period.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,849
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    You guys tricked me into posting covid thoughts in a fun electoral polling thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    Obesity is a comorbidity.
    If Sarah Hoffman gets CoVid, she is way less likely to get through it without significant symptoms and far more likely to have severe outcomes requiring hospitalization.

    (She was the Minister of Health when the NDP were in power. Now I've brought the thread back, LoL!)

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys tricked me into posting covid thoughts in a fun electoral polling thread.
    I feel like 5 threads here are all basically the same topic now. Where is the MEGA thread when you need it.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like 5 threads here are all basically the same topic now. Where is the MEGA thread when you need it.
    It's in the sub-forum...

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,849
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's in the sub-forum...
    I'll never forgive the mods for not taking the opportunity to contain the spread of this disease when they were offered the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're missing the point.

    They're not clogging up the ICU because they're fat. They're clogging up the ICU because they are fat and caught COVID.

    Sure, obesity is a problem (though it and smoking are actually reported to save healthcare costs in the long-run due to reduced longevity) but it doesn't have an instantaneous fix like these little free vaccinations that a select minority (who are clogging up the hospitals) are refusing to take.
    I believe you're the one missing the point.

    The vaccine for overweight / obese individuals doesn't:
    - unfuck their chronic inflammation
    - magically remove their higher susceptibility to infections to that of a healthy individual
    - fix their dysregulated immune system
    - lessen their higher viral loads compared to a healthy individual
    - bring their higher risk for hospitalization, complications, severe form of Covid and the need for mechanical ventilation down to that of a healthy individual

    The list goes on. You'd think that this should be pretty obvious, all you had to do was read in-between the big fat lines that every country was lumping fatties in with high priority vaccination individuals. Even our Public Health Agency of Canada announced it.

    You seriously can't believe that it's primarily healthy people clogging up the ICU, regardless of vaccination status, do you? Again, I have to ask, would your focus on the matter change if Hinshaw included figures that showed 80% of ICU patients are overweight or obese?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa, easy there! You gotta use real small words to explain something so complexicated.

    What you say:
    "Unvax'd fatties are fuckin us!"

    What they hear:
    Are you confused? I'm saying unvaxxed fatties and vaxxed fatties are fucking us. If you have a problem with that statement then you must be in the camp that believes the vaccine has somehow made you Captain America but you're still looking like The Blob.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,793
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll never forgive the mods for not taking the opportunity to contain the spread of this disease when they were offered the chance.
    we really do need a covid subforum.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Triangle
    My Ride
    Lexus
    Posts
    10,323
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Did Africa have access to the vax? They doing fine cuz They not fat and they not old but the west has banned them. So scare lol
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you're the one missing the point.

    The vaccine for overweight / obese individuals doesn't:
    - unfuck their chronic inflammation
    - magically remove their higher susceptibility to infections to that of a healthy individual
    - fix their dysregulated immune system
    - lessen their higher viral loads compared to a healthy individual
    - bring their higher risk for hospitalization, complications, severe form of Covid and the need for mechanical ventilation down to that of a healthy individual

    The list goes on. You'd think that this should be pretty obvious, all you had to do was read in-between the big fat lines that every country was lumping fatties in with high priority vaccination individuals. Even our Public Health Agency of Canada announced it.

    You seriously can't believe that it's primarily healthy people clogging up the ICU, regardless of vaccination status, do you? Again, I have to ask, would your focus on the matter change if Hinshaw included figures that showed 80% of ICU patients are overweight or obese?



    Are you confused? I'm saying unvaxxed fatties and vaxxed fatties are fucking us. If you have a problem with that statement then you must be in the camp that believes the vaccine has somehow made you Captain America but you're still looking like The Blob.
    Can the obesity problem for healthcare be solved quickly with a needle? No.

    Can the pressure Covid patients put on the ICU be solved quickly with a needle? Yes.

    The ICU capacity could deal with the obese population fine. It can't when Covid is running rampant. So that's why the focus is on the unvaccinated.

  12. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,793
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can the obesity problem for healthcare be solved quickly with a needle? No.

    Can the pressure Covid patients put on the ICU be solved quickly with a needle? Yes.

    The ICU capacity could deal with the obese population fine. It can't when Covid is running rampant. So that's why the focus is on the unvaccinated.
    The ICU is an issue because we're choosing to let the ICU be an issue.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ICU is an issue because we're choosing to let the ICU be an issue.
    Who would have thought the ability to administer healthcare would be a guiding issue during a pandemic?

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,233
    Rep Power
    94

    Default

    Here we go again, another ride around the actual point on the kertousel of shame......
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-02-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,793
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would have thought the ability to administer healthcare would be a guiding issue during a pandemic?
    Did you know that trying to make a point by asking a pseudo-sarcastic question sounds dumb?

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Seems to me that the Pandemic made clear the blinding issues of our socialized healthcare system.

    Itís a modern breadline.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,233
    Rep Power
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you know that trying to make a point by asking a pseudo-sarcastic question sounds dumb?
    Careful I got a NEG REP for my criticism!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Careful I got a NEG REP for my criticism!
    Sending some + rep your way

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,596
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    All I'm deducting is that Mark's store shoppers are high risk for Covid death.

    Might as well drag another thread into this one.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, I have to ask, would your focus on the matter change if Hinshaw included figures that showed 80% of ICU patients are overweight or obese?
    If 80% are unvaccinated, then no, it wouldn't change my mind. Because COVID is the current problem, not too many frito-lays.

    Obesity can be tackled after the pandemic if they wish but, newsflash, governments choose not to because consuming processed crap, dining out, and staying at home watching TV and buying shit is good for corporations and arguably the economy and obesity isn't a contagious virus so people should have more freedom of choice.
    Last edited by davidI; 12-03-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. polling device on another router within the same network

    By The Cosworth in forum Computer Help Desk
    Replies: 19
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2018, 06:02 PM
  2. Active Shooter at California Polling Station - 1 dead

    By LadyLuck in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 11-08-2016, 06:08 PM
  3. NDP Hates All Non Alberta Beer?

    By schocker in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 38
    Latest Threads: 08-05-2016, 09:30 PM
  4. Alberta NDP Government to run as big a deficit as the Federal Liberals

    By killramos in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 215
    Latest Threads: 04-25-2016, 10:38 AM
  5. Alberta NDP makes spoof video.. of themselves.

    By CUG in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 12-22-2010, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •