Quantcast
2021-2022 Ski/Snowboard Season - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Ski/Snowboard Season

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Default 2021-2022 Ski/Snowboard Season

Bumping this for next season. Any good deals on lift passes? Still costco being the best bet?

Last year I did the Lake Louise plus card and was fun but also got boring at times only going to one hill. Wondering if there's any reasonably priced options that give you a couple passes to a few hills? I saw The mountain collective pass but it's mostly US hills and only a few here so not sure if thats any kind of deal for me.

Edit: I probably will only make it out ~ half a dozen times or less so a full season pass isn't worth it.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-15-2021 at 11:44 AM.

I've had the Mountain Collective pass for a few years now. They raised the price this year but around the beginning of September they usually sell it at par with the US pricing. Too late for this year but keep it in mind for next. I think it was about $580 this year for the pass so without paying any more money you need to hit 3 resorts to make it worth while, Pano and Revy are both close enough to do in a weekend. Then the 50% off days are just extra savings.

I also have a Nakiska pass, Early bird pricing for the seasons pass makes it tough to beat. It's not the most exciting hill but decent for early season and if you're skiing with less experienced skiers. My daughter is just learning so every second weekend was out there with her. Once we got past christmas I was out at Louise/Sunshine the weekends I didn't have her. With the combination of passes I had I got 30 days in last year which isn't too bad.

For this year you're probably best sticking with the discount cards for Louise and Sunshine (Sunshine usually puts theirs on sale for Black Friday) Costco and CAA (if you have a membership) are other options.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I finally picked up new skis after 9 years on OG Petittors. Pretty excited.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Each of the Big3 hills, will give season ticket holders a sticker on their pass, to indicate vaccinated. For Sunshine this gets you thru the express line.
    Haven't seen the need for express lines at Louise/Norquay yet, so flashed it on through.

I too, am actually regretting not getting the MC early bird -- Big3 passholders gets 50% off partner MC hills, but with a January USA trip to Big Sky, Jackson & Targhee --- It's gonna cost me a few hundred extra. oops
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    is broken

If you ski 6 - 20 days MC card is still the best deal IMO.

2 days each at Louise, Sunshine, Revi you already paid less than window prices. THEN 50% thereafter is amazing.

Plus it looks like Costco is only doing Norquay and Sunshine from last i looked.
    @cam_wmh my group is also planning Big Sky, Jackson & Targhee for March ha!

Also looks like RCR brought back the old 1,4,7 pass.
    https://skircr.com/purchase/rcr-rockies-card/

First ski day for me is Revi opening. Stoked!
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

From my other thread, learning to board this year, everyone has an opinion on sunshine/Nakiska/lake Louise/norquay so I’m going with the flow at the moment. Goal of the year, no broken bones. Stretch goal will be making it down the hill without eating shit.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I got a Sunshine DTL Pass through their Halloween 89$ deal. Pretty much a steal at that price considering their usual rates.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goal of the year, no broken bones. Stretch goal will be making it down the hill without eating shit.
    This is also my goal every year. Along with staying under 180lbs.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Anyone have insight on good comfy boots? I'm still rocking nike's, best boot i ever wore but still hurt my feet a bit lol.. Are BOA boots good? its been around long enough must be decent.. My golf shoes are BOA and i love it on them.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Anyone have insight on good comfy boots? I'm still rocking nike's, best boot i ever wore but still hurt my feet a bit lol.. Are BOA boots good? its been around long enough must be decent.. My golf shoes are BOA and i love it on them.
    Which Nikes? I actually still have my old pair of Danny Kass’, from about 8 years ago. My last few pairs have been Photons, and just moved to Ions. Photons use BOA, and we’re similar stiffness to my old Dk’s. Ions are much stiffer.. almost annoyingly. So I’m swapping in my old Photon liners into my Ions, until Christmas.

While I love the ease, I have broken the BOA a couple times. I got electrical tape on me, that’s saved me. They have lifetime warranty, and are fairly easy to fix. I recommend grabbing a replacement kit, just in case. I did get BOA again on my Ions (not speedzone).
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Ive had boas for years now and love them. I like my boots pretty tight so its nice to be able to unlock them at the bottom if my feet start to hurt and then tighten back up at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I have K2 BOAs, (cant rememebr which model) and my only complaint is that it has taken me a while to get them the perfect tightness without being too tight. The first 5+ days out I had to adjust them every few runs, as I would always put my laces as tight as I could get them, but obviously BOAs get way tighter and my foot was falling asleep etc.

I picked up new bindings this year, got a good deal on a pair of the '20 Now X Yes model. Hoping I like them as the tech is slightly different with the pivot joint.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Thirty twos hands down

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Season has officially started (for me at least). I wouldn't say things are great at the moment, still pretty thin in most areas but there are pockets of goodness. The usual spots are pretty busy for this early in the season.
    Not bad for what was supposed to be a scouting/stretch the legs first day out.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-11-22 at 10.18.42 AM.jpeg
Views: 440
Size:  204.7 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-11-22 at 9.07.55 AM.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  139.2 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-11-20 at 1.01.31 PM.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  126.9 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-11-20 at 1.01.31 PM (1).jpg
Views: 438
Size:  44.8 KB
    Last edited by GT.....O?; 11-22-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    '14 Taco

nice work! found a quiet zone at highwood pass last week, just gotta deal with the great green wall at the bottom right now. The treed outs are heinous

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Atmospheric rivers setting up to make a massive base the further they move into the Rockies?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Atmospheric rivers setting up to make a massive base the further they move into the Rockies?
    ya, weird season though as it's been very, very warm so far. Like 0 degrees at Bow Summit the other day when snowing, so making for a bit mash potatoes and slow snow.

My Ride
    Z

^^^looks like k country

I've got a few weeks booked in Japan in Feb. Otherwise, if COVID fucks us, the usual Fernie with the parents. We did get a couple sleds from the in laws and will probably do some sled skiing around Fernie.

The wife and I have only really sledded with her family around Sicamous. I'm worried about getting a sled un-stuck with just the 2 of us. I'm no powerhouse...
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Okay, stupid question time that's been bugging me for years.

How do you guys read the Sunshine current conditions table?

https://www.skibanff.com/conditions

Do you read it as how much snow that has accumulated overnight/last 24 hours/last 7 days? Or how much snow is coming overnight/next 24 hours/next 7 days? I always thought it was the latter, but my cousin thought it was the former so now I'm not sure. I always assumed it was listing how much snow was coming because there's been times when the numbers seemed very high for a dry week if it were listing how much snow they got.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Pretty sure almost every mountain reports what's accumulated.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast