Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Ski/Snowboard Season

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Has anyone done island lake cat skiing?

Heading next week. Fuckin stoked

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

If anyone wants to carpool or split gas to Sunshine or Lake Louise hmu. Going a few solo trips this season, usually during the week when its dead.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

report back on how it is! i've only done cheaper ones (FWA and Castle) i want to organize a nicer trip in the coming years for my buds...

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    report back on how it is! i've only done cheaper ones (FWA and Castle) i want to organize a nicer trip in the coming years for my buds...
    Will do! I was a bit hesitant at first because of cost but a last minute spot opened up and I had to move quickly. Nice storm system coming in tomorrow there so hopefully some wicked snow come Sunday.. never done any cat or hell skiing so very excited

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The one time I did cat skiing was at chatter creek and it was incredible. I assume all the cat skiing is good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Will do! I was a bit hesitant at first because of cost but a last minute spot opened up and I had to move quickly. Nice storm system coming in tomorrow there so hopefully some wicked snow come Sunday.. never done any cat or hell skiing so very excited
    Its one of the better spots for sure. I enjoy cat skiing but only when we have the cat fully booked. Getting stuck with shitty randoms really sucks.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

My in laws live out in Nelson so I made a goal of getting good enough to try some out there eventually, definitely get pics and bring back your story for the thread
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Z

I'm headed out to Fernie right now to wfh at my parents house. The storm looks AMAZING
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    I'm headed out to Fernie right now to wfh at my parents house. The storm looks AMAZING
    In-laws keep sending photos from whitewater, apparently 100+cm and no line ups
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Z

Yea there were lines today. Not bad maybe 10 minutes tops but lines nevertheless. Was decent but not much open. We'll see what tomorrow is like with the hordes.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride

Revelstoke was mint today, had to cut it short though cause I was super hungover haha fml

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Name:  MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  120.5 KB

Was out in nelson in the backcountry all last week. Snowed over 70 cm the first night, was wild trailbreaking and riding.. here's the truck at the airport once we got out

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

We’ve got a trip booked for the first week of February, KH, Revy, 2x Whitewater and 2x Fernie. Pretty excited

That sounds like a great trip. I did 2x Revy and 2x Sun Peaks last week. Was a touch cold but lots of fun.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Not really known for its big dumps and snow conditions, but Panorama got 20+cm last friday and it was awesome. Some of the best conditions Ive had there in 20+ years. (I missed out on a big dump last year by a few days, but worked out this year)

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Not really known for its big dumps and snow conditions, but Panorama got 20+cm last friday and it was awesome. Some of the best conditions Ive had there in 20+ years. (I missed out on a big dump last year by a few days, but worked out this year)
    A buddy was out there too and said it was insane, 20cms for pano is probably equal to 40cms elsewhere lol

Got to ride KH on the their opening afternoon and that was the most insane ive ever seen there. Power was out at the town for 48 hours so they couldnt open the hill on the intended day and even on our last day it wasnt supposed to open but at 12:30 they got it open. It was a total ghost town at the hill because most just abandoned ship and went to the other hills i bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Have you guys previously planned a week to 10 day ski/snowboard trips? What sort of approach did you take when planning (ie. plan the trip well in advance or just chase the powder via snow forecasts)? Did you plan a route hitting up many resorts, or only hit up a couple resorts spending more time at each? Is there an ideal time to travel on such a trip (February or March?) Are there must see resorts that one should plan a route to experience all? Tips to experience this on a decent budget?

Please share your past trips and from your experience any do's or don'ts, thanks!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by sxtasy View Post
    Have you guys previously planned a week to 10 day ski/snowboard trips? What sort of approach did you take when planning (ie. plan the trip well in advance or just chase the powder via snow forecasts)? Did you plan a route hitting up many resorts, or only hit up a couple resorts spending more time at each? Is there an ideal time to travel on such a trip (February or March?) Are there must see resorts that one should plan a route to experience all? Tips to experience this on a decent budget?

Please share your past trips and from your experience any do's or don'ts, thanks!
    I’ve done a few big trips. Usually we plan ~3 months ahead to get solid numbers and locations, I prefer to do 2-3 days at each location rather than just 1 day or tons of days at one place. We did a trip that was 5 days in a row in Whistler once after driving overnight to get there and staying in Squamish while skiing Whistler, then on the 5th day driving after skiing to Revelstoke for another 5 days and it was just too much commuting from Squamish and cramming in everything.

I prefer the first week of February kind of time frame for trips, this year we are doing KH, Revy, Whitewater x 2 and Fernie x 2 starting on the 29th of Jan, with a few rest days thrown in.

I try to do 1-2 trips a year. One with friends and one with my daughter and her cousins. The last one I did was the first week in January to Revy and Sun Peaks; booked everything 6 months in advance. Booking early will usually get you better hotel rates. When planning it we usually figure out which resorts we want to hit and work from there. If it's a new hill I like doing 2 days to give myself lots of time to explore it all, I'm old now so find after 2 days I need a day break anyway. The trip will usually end up being travel, 2 days skiing, travel, 2 days skiing, etc.

We decided this year to push the trip without the kids to later in the year. January can be cold, and it was this year, the snow can also be hit and miss. Late Feb/March, the conditions are usually much better.

My Ride

@BavarianBeast how was island lake?! i feel like I'm going to have a tough time convincing my friends it's worth that much, but wish i could haha.. Stayed there for a wedding once and it was nice though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast