Quantcast
Back Exercises With Mallet Finger - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Back Exercises With Mallet Finger

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Back Exercises With Mallet Finger

I tore the extensor tendon in my pinky a few weeks back. Fortunately, it's not a huge deal because it's the pinky of my non-dominant hand. Recovery time is supposed to be at minimum 8 weeks. Trying to program around it means no deadlifts and nothing that is too hard on the grip (deadlifts, pull-ups, etc.), but that essentially means no back exercises (I think). I can't think of any back exercises that aren't grip intensive and I think that's just the nature of back exercises being pull-heavy.

Can you think of any? And yes, I'm just doing more cardio as a result.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

why don't you just use a wrist hook or strap on that hand and go lighter than usual? that should keep the grip pretty light?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^ That or straps around the elbows, biceps will be SOL in this case. Reverse flyes should be OK too. Obviously won't be as intense but catching back up after the 8 weeks should go much quicker.

You should still be able to do pull ups. Just don't grip the bar with that one pinky? Wear a splint or something like that if you're worried you will engage the finger.

If you don’t run up the mountains or turn on the exercise bike for maximum resistance, so that it is almost impossible to pedal, then it will be difficult for you to get at least some benefit for building leg muscles. And although the leg muscles may ache after cardio classes, you can find all the metabolic benefits of building the largest muscles in the body only by adding strength exercises for their development — squats, deadlifts. In addition, strength training will make you a more resilient runner and cyclist. “A long time ago, when I was a coach at Penn State, our runners dominated this athletic category https://enrgifitness.com/keep-your-fitness-resolutions/,” Westcott recalls. — The only difference in training was that our athletes were also engaged in strength exercises on their legs. Now everyone does it
    Last edited by Serpent; 12-28-2021 at 07:24 AM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tore the extensor tendon in my pinky a few weeks back. Fortunately, it's not a huge deal because it's the pinky of my non-dominant hand. Recovery time is supposed to be at minimum 8 weeks. Trying to program around it means no deadlifts and nothing that is too hard on the grip (deadlifts, pull-ups, etc.), but that essentially means no back exercises (I think). I can't think of any back exercises that aren't grip intensive and I think that's just the nature of back exercises being pull-heavy.

Can you think of any? And yes, I'm just doing more cardio as a result.
    Suffered mallet injury on my middle finger in Jan2020. It took 6 months having my finger dead straight in a cast before I could start doing physio (ROM bends). 12 months before I could play guitar.

If you bend it during recovery period you are back to square one, and risk the tendon not adhering properly. Good luck!

No tips aside be careful with it.
    Last edited by zipdoa; 11-28-2021 at 02:51 AM.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    TypeR

You might be able to use figure 8 straps as you can legit open your hands and the bar is still attached to you. All my big lifting clients use them. Only downside is you are attached to the bar and cant let go if something happens lol
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suffered mallet injury on my middle finger in Jan2020. It took 6 months having my finger dead straight in a cast before I could start doing physio (ROM bends). 12 months before I could play guitar.

If you bend it during recovery period you are back to square one, and risk the tendon not adhering properly. Good luck!

No tips aside be careful with it.
    Yeah, it fucking sucks. It's going to take longer for me to recover from this finger than when I had surgery for a ruptured appendix. Getting fragile in my old age.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info