Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

Hi guys, going to Mexico this Saturday (fingers crossed) and confused about the entry requirements. WestJet says you have to fill out a form from Mexico immigrations, but when I go to fill it out, there is some notice in broken English that says it has to be done 12 hours before...and if international traveler then done on arrival..I think that's what they are trying to say. Anyone done this recently and have any input? Ideally I can get it done ahead of time.

EDIT:
    Found an FAQ in English on their site, which for some reason wasn't under "Information for International Travellers"....or if it was, at least it wasn't in English. Anyways, there it says this:

"Do I need to complete the Health Questionnaire if I'm a passenger coming from an international flight with México as a destination?
    Yes. All foreigners that have as a destination any Mexican airport must complete the Health Questionnaire at the Vuela Seguro site, either when they arrive, or 12 hours before their arrival. All passengers with boarding pass must complete their Questionnaire, regardless if age and nationality."

So sounds like I might be able to do this the morning of my flight...maybe...says 12 hours before arrival..6 hour flight, so can probably do it 6 hours before flight...different info at different places. If anyone has real hand-on experience please do share.

EDIT 2:
    More conflicting information:

"What happens with my information after I fill the test using the platform?
    The resulting QR is valid for 3 hours after your departure. Then it will be cancelled. Therefore, in any other flight within Mexican territory you must register your new flight in the Vuela Seguro Platform and complete a new Questionnaire. This new QR Code will also be valid for 3 hours after departure."

QR code only good for 3 hours...yet you can fill out questionnaire 12 hours in advance...maybe...wtf? Maybe it's for domestic travel only....who the hell knows.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Yeah, it's confusing. We're going on Friday (hopefully)

My Ride
    changes every year

A nurse friend of mine just got back, however, she isn't vaccinated, so may be different. I *think she had to get a negative test, but she definitely has to quarantine for 14 days, not sure if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A nurse friend of mine just got back, however, she isn't vaccinated, so may be different. I *think she had to get a negative test, but she definitely has to quarantine for 14 days, not sure if that helps.
    I thought the non vaccinated can't board planes or trains?

My mom is going on Monday with sunwing, definitely conflicting info if she needs a pcr even tho she's fully vaccinated

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Where are you guys staying?
    We have a trip booked for late January at the Hilton in PV. Very excited to finally travel again.
    From what I understand the questionnaire can be done WITHIN 12 hours, IE if you did it 13 hours before you arrive in Mexico, that is too long of a period in which you may have picked up covid, even though you 'cleared' yourself in the questionnaire.
    Remember, Mexico wants your tourist dollars, they aren't trying to screw anyone over.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I thought the non vaccinated can't board planes or trains?

My mom is going on Monday with sunwing, definitely conflicting info if she needs a pcr even tho she's fully vaccinated
    Don't quote me, but unvaxxed can still travel with restrictions until *I think* then end of the month.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    Where are you guys staying?
    We have a trip booked for late January at the Hilton in PV. Very excited to finally travel again.
    From what I understand the questionnaire can be done WITHIN 12 hours, IE if you did it 13 hours before you arrive in Mexico, that is too long of a period in which you may have picked up covid, even though you 'cleared' yourself in the questionnaire.
    Remember, Mexico wants your tourist dollars, they aren't trying to screw anyone over.
    Gran Bahia Principe Tulum for us, two weeks to make up for the week we missed last year! Might give a call to WestJet this afternoon to confirm the requirements, will post back.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I am here now and return tonight

Leaving Calgary no PCR test required, Proof of Vax to get on the plane (Westjet)

Returning, I just did a drive though PCR test, cost 120usd and show Vax

No issues at all as I was just here a few months ago. Pretty easy of you have been Vaccinated

Good luck

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Can confirm what Jordan said. Got back from Cabo on Saturday.

No entry requirements.

PCR test must be valid within 72 hours of your return flight. Lab tech came to our room onsite to do the test, got results by email the same day.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post

No entry requirements.

PCR test must be valid within 72 hours of your return flight. Lab tech came to our room onsite to do the test, got results by email the same day.
    Didn't you have to fill a questionnaire going to Mexico?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

No entry requirements.

How much was the on-site test? Provided by the facility you stayed in, or elsewhere?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

@eblend Yes, they'll give you a declaration form to fill out that you give on your way out of the airport. I think we also filled out a brief COVID questionnaire but honestly we may as well not have, with how lax things were lol.
    @The_Penguin Onsite test was $95USD per person. I think the resort works with a 3rd party lab to provide PCR test but they also had a medical office onsite (probably for the Antigen test). We got results the same day. YMMV.

My Ride

@eblend Yes, they'll give you a declaration form to fill out that you give on your way out of the airport. I think we also filled out a brief COVID questionnaire but honestly we may as well not have, with how lax things were lol.
    @The_Penguin Onsite test was $95USD per person. I think the resort works with a 3rd party lab to provide PCR test but they also had a medical office onsite (probably for the Antigen test). We got results the same day. YMMV.
    Thanks for the info. Yah reading on various places....some people get all prepped and then nothing is ever checked....I got to Mexico often, only didn't go last year, so making up for it this year with 2 weeks...so most of the process is clear except for this stupid questionnaire, but seems like noone cares about it. I will still fill it out tonight within 12 hours of flight and bring it.

My Ride
    ////M

Just want to confirm (even though I’ve read it over and over) - we don’t need any Covid test prior to arriving at the airport if we are going to Mexico?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Trash View Post
    Just want to confirm (even though I’ve read it over and over) - we don’t need any Covid test prior to arriving at the airport if we are going to Mexico?
    No test required (as of 12/3/2021), just need test to come back to Canada.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Have vacation booked for Jan 22-29. Tomorrow is last day to cancel for full cash refund. After that can cancel and get travel credit only.

Feels like a full international travel ban may be imminent.

Any prognostications?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If there's a ban you get your money back. If not, enjoy your trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

You do not need to test for covid GOING to Mexico. My mother did a pcr test for on the way back but nobody in Calgary or Mexico asked for it, waste of money.

You will need to download a arrivecan app that asks you to upload your passport and vaccinated status.

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    Have vacation booked for Jan 22-29. Tomorrow is last day to cancel for full cash refund. After that can cancel and get travel credit only.

Feels like a full international travel ban may be imminent.

Any prognostications?

I'm leaving Feb 8. If they fuck me out of my vacation again, then so be it. Certainly not going to preemptively cancel based on what a magic 8-ball tells me about the potential actions of the federal government. If they shut down flights again, then Ill take my refund and put it away for when I can try to book the trip a 3rd time.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Anyone know if the PCR testing requirement changes for people that have been confirmed to have Covid already?

Our entire household tested positive through AHS testing on Jan 3. Returning from 7 days in Mexico on Jan 29. Will a PCR test prior to return flight still test positive due to residual Covid in our systems?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast